M-Audio Audiophile 2496 only get sound in ASIO apps

Last response: in Home Audio
December 27, 2004 1:20:27 PM

I only seem to get any audio output when im in an asio program,

windows media player, sound forge etc wont output any sound whatsoever
tho will quite happly act like they are. the delta cntrol panel VUs
dont respond either.

i have checked through the delta mixer etc, tried different media
players and control panel 'sound and audio devices' settings, newest
drivers, i dont seem to be getting anywhere!

any help much appreciated!
thanks
-karl
Anonymous
December 28, 2004 5:55:38 AM

you need to change your audio output device in each individual
program.....especially if you recently installed this card or there is
onboard sound on your motherboard...these program are probably trying to use
a different device....if that fails, reinstall with UPGRADED drivers. Good
luck!

--

Jonny Durango

"Patrick was a saint. I ain't."