5.1 PC or Home theater set?

Raczyk

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
I visited Best Buy today and checked out the PC speakers and Home theater speakers. After listening to 5.1 Logitech and Pro Media speakers I concluded that the Home theater package sounds better. Would it not be a better idea to buy a home theater package with a reciver, 5 speakers and a sub for the same price as the PC speakers. i.e Pro Medias or Logitech 5.1. Or will I be missing out on something when buying the Home theater system for a PC?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You didn't know that you can interface a PC with a home theater system? Yep. If you like home theater but would like to add some PC options (with AIW cards your PC could replace your DVD player, your TiVO, a home MP3 player, and your game counsel), you can connect the PC to the home theater receiver with ease.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

the_Prisoner

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2002
I agree with Crashman, if the home system sounds better, go for it, more value for the money and use your PC as a home theater system.

the Prisoner

I'm not a number, I'm a free man! :mad: