RF V551 vs Razr Which one is BEST?

Ok everyone, or should I say Motorola users ONLY... in your humble
opinions which one has a better RF ie. reception in fringe areas?

The candidates are:

V551 or the Razr

Any all comments are welcome on these TWO Motorola phones..

Thanks, SFB

ps This has been crossposted to the Cingular Group!
11 answers Last reply
More about v551 razr best

    land line has the better reception.

    "SFB" <news@spenceburton.comNOSPAM> wrote in message
    > Ok everyone, or should I say Motorola users ONLY... in your humble
    > opinions which one has a better RF ie. reception in fringe areas?
    >
    > The candidates are:
    >
    > V551 or the Razr
    >
    > Any all comments are welcome on these TWO Motorola phones..
    >
    > Thanks, SFB
    >

    > ps This has been crossposted to the Cingular Group!

    Actually I get alot of static on my land line... hmmmmmmmmm a little
    "static" around here too...

    SFB

    x.C wrote:
    > land line has the better reception.
    >
    > "SFB" <news@spenceburton.comNOSPAM> wrote in message
    >
    >>Ok everyone, or should I say Motorola users ONLY... in your humble
    >>opinions which one has a better RF ie. reception in fringe areas?
    >>
    >>The candidates are:
    >>
    >>V551 or the Razr
    >>
    >>Any all comments are welcome on these TWO Motorola phones..
    >>
    >>Thanks, SFB
    >>

    >>ps This has been crossposted to the Cingular Group!

    I can't compare the v551 with the v3 but I can tell you that the v3 is
    better than then the v600.

    > Actually I get alot of static on my land line... hmmmmmmmmm a little
    > "static" around here too...
    >
    > SFB
    >
    > x.C wrote:
    >> land line has the better reception.
    >>
    >> "SFB" <news@spenceburton.comNOSPAM> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Ok everyone, or should I say Motorola users ONLY... in your humble
    >>>opinions which one has a better RF ie. reception in fringe areas?
    >>>
    >>>The candidates are:
    >>>
    >>>V551 or the Razr
    >>>
    >>>Any all comments are welcome on these TWO Motorola phones..
    >>>
    >>>Thanks, SFB
    >>>

    >>>ps This has been crossposted to the Cingular Group!

    Thank you very much... that really helps as I am told the V600 is better
    than the V551...

    Thanks again, SFB

    brobin wrote:
    > I can't compare the v551 with the v3 but I can tell you that the v3 is
    > better than then the v600.
    >
    > "SFB" <news@spenceburton.comNOSPAM> wrote in message
    >
    >>Actually I get alot of static on my land line... hmmmmmmmmm a little
    >>"static" around here too...
    >>
    >>SFB
    >>
    >>x.C wrote:
    >>
    >>>land line has the better reception.
    >>>
    >>>"SFB" <news@spenceburton.comNOSPAM> wrote in message

    V3 is better than any phones that Cingular offer for reception. V3 is the
    best and Nokia 6230 is close second for reception with Cingular phones. V551
    isn't that bad either.

    Imran
    http://www.mobileisgood.com

    On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 05:08:07 GMT, "brobin" <nospam@atmyplace.com> wrote:

    >I can't compare the v551 with the v3 but I can tell you that the v3 is
    >better than then the v600.

    On different days, I tested the V551 and the V3 at our house, which is on
    the fringe of one Cingular tower. The V3 got better reception, so my wife
    bought the V3.

    Sounds like you have a similar location as I do... your reply really
    helps me with my decision.

    Thanks, SFB

    PS Thank you! to everyone for their replies!

    On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 00:58:15 -0700, SFB <news@spenceburton.comNOSPAM> wrote:

    >Sounds like you have a similar location as I do... your reply really
    >helps me with my decision.
    >
    >Thanks, SFB
    >
    >PS Thank you! to everyone for their replies!
    >
    >NoSpam@NoSpam.net wrote:
    >> On different days, I tested the V551 and the V3 at our house, which is on
    >> the fringe of one Cingular tower. The V3 got better reception, so my wife
    >> bought the V3.

    SFB,

    Also, take a look at http://www.howardforums.com and
    http://wwwphobescoop.com where there are discussions about which phone or
    phones get the best reception. I had posted an inquiry similar to the one
    that you posted in this NG.

    Many people say that the V3 Razr is the best Motorola for reception, but
    that the Nokia 6320b is even better. I may get a chance to try one at my
    house in the near future and compare it against my wife's V3, but it will
    not be for a week or two, or longer.

    NoSpam

    On 6/18/2005 2:12 PM, SFB wrote the following:

    > Ok everyone, or should I say Motorola users ONLY... in your humble
    > opinions which one has a better RF ie. reception in fringe areas?
    >
    > The candidates are:
    >
    > V551 or the Razr
    >
    > Any all comments are welcome on these TWO Motorola phones..
    >
    > Thanks, SFB
    >

    > ps This has been crossposted to the Cingular Group!

    I looked at both of them yesterday, and the Razr looks and feels flimsy
    to me. As an owner of the V60g, I prefer a more sturdy, not necessarily
    a lot heavier, model. Reception is subjective (unless you're staying in
    one particular place for long time), because you could just walk three
    steps and reception is different.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    As one who has owned a v60, v600 and now a v3 Razr, I can tell you that
    the v3 is far and away the best of the 3 in terms of reception and build
    quality. The screen is made with a scratch resistant mineral glass as is
    used on a good watch. Since getting the v3 about 7 months ago it has
    remained free of scratches and shows no signs of wear. Both the v60 and
    v600 never gave me any problems but looked well used after 7 months.
    For reception testing I judge the phones from specific locations such as
    my home or office as well as known weak spots to determine the relative
    quality. In terms of "flimsyness," while I can understand your initial
    impression, it is every bit as robust as the v60/v600. In fact, I had
    cracks in the plastic appear on the v60 and v600 hinges but the metal
    case on the v3 seems to be immune to that problem.

    From:nuucp
    spommere@netscape.net

    > On 6/18/2005 2:12 PM, SFB wrote the following:
    >
    >> Ok everyone, or should I say Motorola users ONLY... in your humble
    >> opinions which one has a better RF ie. reception in fringe areas?
    >>
    >> The candidates are:
    >>
    >> V551 or the Razr
    >>
    >> Any all comments are welcome on these TWO Motorola phones..
    >>
    >> Thanks, SFB
    >>

    >> ps This has been crossposted to the Cingular Group!
    >>

    > I looked at both of them yesterday, and the Razr looks and feels
    > flimsy to me. As an owner of the V60g, I prefer a more sturdy, not
    > necessarily a lot heavier, model. Reception is subjective (unless
    > you're staying in one particular place for long time), because you
    > could just walk three steps and reception is different.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    "nuucp" <spommere@netscape.net> wrote in message
    > Reception is subjective (unless you're staying in one particular place for
    > long time), because you could just walk three steps and reception is
    > different.

    Ha. It's not subjective. In areas we use our phones a lot we can tell
    comparative reception performance!!

    Steve

Motorola Internet Explorer