v260/265 software version

Last response: in Brands
June 19, 2005 12:36:33 PM

I read last week that Verizon release a new software upgrade for the
V260/265 series phones to correct problems. This was a 'filter' down
from Motorola.

My current version is V26X_1.0.16.17P

Does anyone have the new version number and the issues it fixes?

Thanks
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 6:19:54 PM

Kobiyashi Maru wrote:
> I read last week that Verizon release a new software upgrade for the
> V260/265 series phones to correct problems. This was a 'filter' down
> from Motorola.
>
> My current version is V26X_1.0.16.17P
>
> Does anyone have the new version number and the issues it fixes?
>
> Thanks

Mine is .14P. I have not heard anything about the v265, but if there is
an update, the "problems" it fixes is likely having to do with killing
seem editing for opening up the phone functions. FWIW, my v265 is six
months old and has had absolutely zero problems of any kind.

June 23, 2005 1:56:36 AM

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 14:19:54 -0600, "Quaoar" <quaoar@tenthplanet.net>
wrote:

>Kobiyashi Maru wrote:
>> I read last week that Verizon release a new software upgrade for the
>> V260/265 series phones to correct problems. This was a 'filter' down
>> from Motorola.
>>
>> My current version is V26X_1.0.16.17P
>>
>> Does anyone have the new version number and the issues it fixes?
>>
>> Thanks
>
>Mine is .14P. I have not heard anything about the v265, but if there is
>an update, the "problems" it fixes is likely having to do with killing
>seem editing for opening up the phone functions. FWIW, my v265 is six
>months old and has had absolutely zero problems of any kind.

you don't use the datebook, huh?

set a datebook appointment for tomorrow at noon with a 10 minute
reminder. let it sound off and silence it. wait until after noon has
passed (say after 12:30). turn off your phone and leave it off for
about 10 minutes or so. (or just wait until that night and turn it off
to charge it). turn it back on and you'll be reminded that you have a
noon appointment (yesterday).

also, go into settings, initial setup, time and date. turn off the
autoupdate feature. turn the phone off and back on. the date will be
12:00am Jan 1st 2000. It does not know how to keep it's own time.

These 2 items caused me to become so much of a PIA to Motorola that
they shipped me a brand new v710 at no charge.
!