WTB: Subwoofer in Toronto (Canada) area

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
December 28, 2004 3:43:23 PM

Greetings, Toronto, Canada, denizens of the NG.
This is a Toronto (GTA) "all points bulletin" - I beg the indulgence
of our world wide readers.
I am looking for a 12 or 15 inch subwoofer in a box but with a
DEFECTIVE amplifier - for pickup only within 50 kms radius of Yonge
and the 401 (Toronto, Canada), shipping such a unit is quite
uneconomic. Private sale preferred.
I would either remove the plate amplifier at your place or just
dispose of it for you.
Criteria are:
1. Speaker driver unit: minimum 12 inch; perfect condition (basket,
cone, surround, voice coil); nominal 6 or 8 ohms.
2. Box: must be very solid, but may be scuffed or scratched (can be
ported or infinite baffle type), at least 14 1/2 inch cube for a 12
inch driver (outside dimensions.)
3. Amplifier: "dead amp" (sounds like the "Pink Panther" theme!)
4. NOT an automobile sub.
If you wish to dispose of such a unit, kindly email me at:
"analogdino 'at' rogers 'dot' com" (but spelled correctly.)
Many thanks for all replies.
Happy New Year to all!
Cheers,
Roger.
Anonymous
December 29, 2004 5:41:13 AM

> I am looking for a 12 or 15 inch subwoofer in a box but with a
> DEFECTIVE amplifier

Raise your hand if you've ever encountered a powered sub with a blown amp
and perfectly intact speaker

*crickets chirp*

*frogs ribbit*
December 29, 2004 1:51:55 PM

"Sugarite" <nobody@home.com> wrote in message
news:D atAd.1194$Y_4.1021180@read2.cgocable.net...
>> I am looking for a 12 or 15 inch subwoofer in a box but with a
>> DEFECTIVE amplifier
>
> Raise your hand if you've ever encountered a powered sub with a
> blown amp
> and perfectly intact speaker
>
> *crickets chirp*
>
> *frogs ribbit*

Yes, me! My present sub was exactly that, an Infinity BU-120 12 inch
with a blown class D amplifier (a very poor unit.) Speaker (and box)
perfect. I replaced the amplifier with a PartsExpress model 300-804
(very good 200 watt class AB linear.) Works very well. This is
exactly what I want to do for my second subwoofer (I already have a
second "300-804" for the purpose!)
Cheers,
Roger
!