Sign in with
Your question

Mail client default I can receive mail and send but on certain web pages I cant

Last response: in Windows 7
June 1, 2012 7:03:13 PM

default mail client error I can receive and send email but on certain web pages I cant get the email links or contact us link to work error message comes up default mail client is not properly installed ive done the set default programs and set defaults there but still get error window what do I need to do now?
a b $ Windows 7
June 1, 2012 7:11:15 PM

What are you using for your default mail client?
m
l
a b 1 Email
a b $ Windows 7
June 2, 2012 5:02:31 AM

camere said:
I can receive and send email
How are you doing that?
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
June 2, 2012 6:08:32 AM

Windows 7 does not have a default email client. if you are using dome form of webmail links like that wont work. just copy and.paste the address. you could also install Thunderbird or buy outlook
m
l
June 11, 2012 8:21:07 PM

mjmacka said:
What are you using for your default mail client?

I dont know Im on yahoo mail
m
l
June 11, 2012 8:23:46 PM

WR2 said:
How are you doing that?

im on yahoo mail not messenger thats all i know Im a complete computer novice at best or worse
m
l
June 11, 2012 8:28:03 PM

also what do you know about this speedmaxpc that came up as a responce to my question
m
l
June 11, 2012 8:29:29 PM

which in tun has a link to register and i get the mail client error
m
l
June 11, 2012 8:33:46 PM

camere said:
also what do you know about this speedmaxpc that came up as a responce to my question

Spyware / Scamware

Download spybot fro the safernetworking domain and remove it if its on your PC
m
l
June 11, 2012 8:45:05 PM

maybe try downloading the toolbar then as the article suggests and it may appear.

Personally I would ditch yahoo in favour of gmail which gives me the option of opening mail links with it without any toolbars.

Make sure you check for spyware though whatever you decide
m
l
June 11, 2012 10:10:45 PM

jamesmcuk said:
maybe try downloading the toolbar then as the article suggests and it may appear.

Personally I would ditch yahoo in favour of gmail which gives me the option of opening mail links with it without any toolbars.

Make sure you check for spyware though whatever you decide

just what i was thinking gmail or something else just went through the spybot download and removed speedmaxpc thanks for the info i appreciate it thought that it came throgh tom hardware site that it must be good cant trust anything these days thanks again and now on to gmail to my mailclient server up and running
m
l
!