call divert timing

Hiya folks

Does any bright spark know how to alter the timing of the call divert
feature on a v600. At the moment the phone rings for about 15seconds before
dropping to answerphone and I'd like to extend it to say 30seconds, but
can't see any menu options for doing so. The phone is on a standard, pay
monthly 02 tariff in the UK.

Any clues would be really appreciated.

Many thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about call divert timing

    On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 12:17:20 +0100, "buffaloes_inc"
    <buffaloes_inc@DELETE2REPLYhotmail.com> wrote:

    >Hiya folks
    >
    >Does any bright spark know how to alter the timing of the call divert
    >feature on a v600. At the moment the phone rings for about 15seconds before
    >dropping to answerphone and I'd like to extend it to say 30seconds, but
    >can't see any menu options for doing so. The phone is on a standard, pay
    >monthly 02 tariff in the UK.
    >
    >Any clues would be really appreciated.
    >
    >Many thanks.

    Try this:

    where XXXXXXXXXX is the ten-digit voicemail system number for your area and
    tt is the time in seconds you want the phone to ring for. Valid numbers for
    tt are 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30. Since each ring is approx. 5 seconds
    including the blank space between them, that means 30 seconds should give
    you about 6 rings and that's the maximum you can do.

    For instance, to set the longest ring delay for the NYC market you would
    dial:

    *61*+19084630020*11*30#

    After pressing the "send/call" button you should get some sort of
    confirmation message.

    Note: If you don't know what the voicemail system number for your area is,
    dial *#61# on your phone.

    > >Hiya folks
    > >
    > >Does any bright spark know how to alter the timing of the call divert
    > >feature on a v600. At the moment the phone rings for about 15seconds
    before
    > >dropping to answerphone and I'd like to extend it to say 30seconds, but
    > >can't see any menu options for doing so. The phone is on a standard, pay
    > >monthly 02 tariff in the UK.
    > >
    > >Any clues would be really appreciated.
    > >
    > >Many thanks.
    > >

    > Try this:
    >
    > where XXXXXXXXXX is the ten-digit voicemail system number for your area
    and
    > tt is the time in seconds you want the phone to ring for. Valid numbers
    for
    > tt are 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30. Since each ring is approx. 5 seconds
    > including the blank space between them, that means 30 seconds should give
    > you about 6 rings and that's the maximum you can do.
    >
    > For instance, to set the longest ring delay for the NYC market you would
    > dial:
    >
    > *61*+19084630020*11*30#
    >
    > After pressing the "send/call" button you should get some sort of
    > confirmation message.
    >
    > Note: If you don't know what the voicemail system number for your area is,
    > dial *#61# on your phone.

    That is fantastic! Been wanting to do this for ages. My old Nokia had the
    setting, but my v3 does not. I typed in what you just put and it works like
    a charm!

    Thanks,

    gbnews

    Me too, thanks topsy! :)

    "gbnews" <mati@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    >> >Hiya folks
    >> >
    >> >Does any bright spark know how to alter the timing of the call divert
    >> >feature on a v600. At the moment the phone rings for about 15seconds
    > before
    >> >dropping to answerphone and I'd like to extend it to say 30seconds, but
    >> >can't see any menu options for doing so. The phone is on a standard, pay
    >> >monthly 02 tariff in the UK.
    >> >
    >> >Any clues would be really appreciated.
    >> >
    >> >Many thanks.
    >> >

    >> Try this:
    >>
    >> where XXXXXXXXXX is the ten-digit voicemail system number for your area
    > and
    >> tt is the time in seconds you want the phone to ring for. Valid numbers
    > for
    >> tt are 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30. Since each ring is approx. 5 seconds
    >> including the blank space between them, that means 30 seconds should give
    >> you about 6 rings and that's the maximum you can do.
    >>
    >> For instance, to set the longest ring delay for the NYC market you would
    >> dial:
    >>
    >> *61*+19084630020*11*30#
    >>
    >> After pressing the "send/call" button you should get some sort of
    >> confirmation message.
    >>
    >> Note: If you don't know what the voicemail system number for your area
    >> is,
    >> dial *#61# on your phone.
    >
    > That is fantastic! Been wanting to do this for ages. My old Nokia had the
    > setting, but my v3 does not. I typed in what you just put and it works
    > like
    > a charm!
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > gbnews

    nice one topsy!! been trying to sort that for ages! thanks
    "buffaloes_inc" <buffaloes_inc@DELETE2REPLYhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Me too, thanks topsy! :)
    >
    > "gbnews" <mati@btinternet.com> wrote in message

    >> before

    >>> Try this:
    >>>
    >>> where XXXXXXXXXX is the ten-digit voicemail system number for your area
    >> and
    >>> tt is the time in seconds you want the phone to ring for. Valid numbers
    >> for
    >>> tt are 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30. Since each ring is approx. 5 seconds
    >>> including the blank space between them, that means 30 seconds should
    >>> give
    >>> you about 6 rings and that's the maximum you can do.
    >>>
    >>> For instance, to set the longest ring delay for the NYC market you would
    >>> dial:
    >>>
    >>> *61*+19084630020*11*30#
    >>>
    >>> After pressing the "send/call" button you should get some sort of
    >>> confirmation message.
    >>>
    >>> Note: If you don't know what the voicemail system number for your area
    >>> is,
    >>> dial *#61# on your phone.
    >>
    >> That is fantastic! Been wanting to do this for ages. My old Nokia had
    >> the
    >> setting, but my v3 does not. I typed in what you just put and it works
    >> like
    >> a charm!
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> gbnews