How do I route an incoming wireless signal out through my router?

Mordiven

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
Hi,

I just made a successful long distance wireless connection (3 miles), and now I'm trying to figure out how to route it from my Mac to a wireless router. The equipment I'm using is:

2 TP link grid parabolic antenna
1 Alfa 2watt USB adapter(receiving end)
iMac os x 10.5.8
Linksys WRT54GL

The connection comes in via the USB end of the Alfa dongle, and is managed by the Realtek software included.

Any suggestions for how to route it from the Mac to the WRT54GL?

You should be able to plug an ethernet cable into the Mac and to the router. The only way to get the signal into the router is by the Wlan port. Since the signal comes into the Mac you can share that signal with your network.
I had a similar type of setup a few years back when all I had was dial up and I was able to get Direct Tv's Direct Way Internet connection but the problem was that thier modem setup was two seperate modems , one for up load and one for down load and the connection cable frrom these modems was a single usb cable and not an ethernet cable. Also at that time there was no usb to ethernet adapter to be found. So I connected the usb cable to a laptop and the an ethernet cable from that laptop to a router and set up a network. The only thing with that setup was that the laptop had to stay on all the time for the network to function.

Mordiven

Honorable
Dec 9, 2012
So far the Mac is broadcasting the signal just fine thru its Internet sharing. Now! The newest problem is getting the signal to repeat thru my Amped SR10000... Every time I try to connect it thru that, the iMac shuts off it's Internet sharing and my repeater needs resetting... Any ideas?