reidman

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2003
I just got a new RocketRaid 133 PCI adapter and two 80 gig 7200 WD hard drives. I'm trying to set up a RAID 0 array and clean-install WinXP onto it. I boot from the WinXP CD and hit F6 and tell it to load the drivers off the floppy. This works fine. However, when I try to format and install WinXP, it tells me that my array has a capacity of 160 GB. Shouldn't it have a capacity of 80 GB if its a RAID 0 array?

The same thing happens when I try to install the array on my machine with WinXP already installed; it works, but once again Windows recognizes the drives as a single 160 GB hard drive, even though I've tripled checked to make sure it is set up as a RAID 0 array. I've tried setting it up both from Windows and directly from the card's BIOS...no luck.

I just want a fast 80 gig array Can anyone offer me some advice? Thanks in advance.

elzt

Distinguished
May 10, 2002
Have you read the RAID FAQ in this forum?

The total array size would be 160GB if set up as RAID0. Unless you're talking about RAID1 which the total size would be 80GB. Not quite understand why you want to throw away 80GB disk space when you have two 80GB HDDs.