Lockups when starting application/games!!!

Vince604

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2002
I have recently got an Leadtek Winfast A250 LE TD-MyVivo Ti4200 video card. Formatted my hard drive completely and installation of the video card was quick and simple. However whenever I start any applications or games or try playing a movie on my system it completely freezes. I had no issues with my previous video card Ati Rage Fury.
The only thing I can do right now with the video card is open up internet explorer and simple things such as my computer.
Any HELP please?
Forgot to mention, I'm using a 250W PSU but I believe the power of the video card runs on the +3.3V and I think 20.0A is more than enough...
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Vince604 on 01/13/03 10:08 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

silly_rabbit

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2002
first thing comes to my mind is Driver

so updating driver to the latest version might be
something you want to try (both video and sound card)

second thing I can think of will be the chip-set on
the MOBO, I heard some video cards sometimes don't
like VIA chip-set such and such. If so...nothing you
can do but hoping some driver or patch can fix it

http://www.geocities.co.jp/CollegeLife-Lounge/8562/index.html

Korea....good sport?

Fatty_bolger

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2003
i know your problem, though when my friend had it it was after installing a geforce 4 on a old computer, his solution was, install windows with your old graphics-card in and the switch to your geforce. hope it helps

Really overclocked processor yelling "I´m on fire!" literally.......

Vince604

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2002
Hmm I tried both and same thing. Could be the chipset I have. I don't quite like the mobo I have because it's a Via chipset for Intel and they are not popular for Intel platforms. Should have got either SIS Or Intel.