Final Fantasy 8(pc) help please!!!

I have a very nice gaming computer, not the best because it is nearing 4
years old, but it still keeps pace with almost anything. I can run
Neverwinter Nights Platinum, Half-Life One(haven't bought two yet), with no
problems whatsoever. I am running WinXP Pro. When I run FF8(picked it up at
a thrift store for $5), it runs great, but the background is covered with
parallel horizontal lines. HELP!! I am running a 64meg nVidia GeForce 2
Ultra. I have never seen this phenom on any other game. I am stumped. what
can I do? is there a patch to fix this, or a fix to patch it? :)
thanks.

UVB

try installing the latest drivers for your card from the NVidia site

hmm... can't you just say 'already tried, didnt work', why the attitude
sheesh

wolfing1@yahoo.com wrote in news:1106577483.902472.275560
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> try installing the latest drivers for your card from the NVidia site

I am neither that stupid, or that dense, of course I tried that.

--
UVB
Ulric Van Bergen

> I am neither that stupid, or that dense, of course I tried that.

If you're so smart, then you can probably solve that problem
by yourself ! Here's a hint : I had the same exact one as you and
I solved it pretty easily. Good luck !

-Moa Dragon

"Ulric Van Bergen (UVB)" <ulric_van_bergen@hotmail.com> wrote:

>a thrift store for $5), it runs great, but the background is covered with
>parallel horizontal lines. HELP!! I am running a 64meg nVidia GeForce 2
>Ultra. I have never seen this phenom on any other game. I am stumped. what
>can I do? is there a patch to fix this, or a fix to patch it? :)

This was a common problem with nvidia cards. Try to locate the file
called "FF8SqeaNVPatch.zip". I can't provide you with a link, though.

Znegva

--
http://www.kewlrule.de

> This was a common problem with nvidia cards. Try to locate the file
> called "FF8SqeaNVPatch.zip". I can't provide you with a link, though.
>

> Znegva

tried it. worked perfectly. thank you