suggestions on most quiet multi-effects guitar box

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
December 29, 2004 6:24:37 AM

Late at night, need to lay down tracks.
want to go line in, but as notes decay the noise creeps in.

can anyone suggest a moderately priced muti effects pedal that is very
quiet?
Dean
Anonymous
January 2, 2005 3:34:03 AM

On 29 Dec 2004 03:24:37 -0800, "db" <deanbowlus@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>Late at night, need to lay down tracks.
>want to go line in, but as notes decay the noise creeps in.
>
>can anyone suggest a moderately priced muti effects pedal that is very
>quiet?

Sounds as if you may be including compression in your effects chain?

January 2, 2005 9:53:12 PM

Laurence Payne wrote:

> On 29 Dec 2004 03:24:37 -0800, "db" <deanbowlus@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> >Late at night, need to lay down tracks.
> >want to go line in, but as notes decay the noise creeps in.
> >
> >can anyone suggest a moderately priced muti effects pedal that is very
> >quiet?
>
> Sounds as if you may be including compression in your effects chain?

Is it noisy with the fx bypassed? Most fx will add some noise to the
signal, and pedal fx are the most noisy of all.

Look for a used Ensoniq DP4 or DP2 for a relativity decent multi-fx for
direct recording.
Anonymous
January 2, 2005 10:04:30 PM

steve <combssl@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Laurence Payne wrote:
> >
> > On 29 Dec 2004 03:24:37 -0800, "db" <deanbowlus@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> >
> > >Late at night, need to lay down tracks.
> > >want to go line in, but as notes decay the noise creeps in.
> > >
> > >can anyone suggest a moderately priced muti effects pedal that is very
> > >quiet?
> >
> > Sounds as if you may be including compression in your effects chain?

Most guitar FX include a compression option and this would account for
the noise increasing in level as the note decays.

I'd guess that the noise is less than you'd get from an amp but that
you're noticing it on headphones or exposed on monitors. An FX unit
plugged into a guitar amp won't be any quieter.

But is it an FX unit you want or is it an amp simulator with some FX
that you're after?

I've tried a few amp/speaker simulators and I'd suggest:

The Line 6 POD (I was so impressed I bought one). There's a more
expensive rack mount version too.

The SansAmp rack units. (I was so impressed I got my boss to buy 4!).

I'd steer clear of The Behringer V-Amp. Its clever, cheap, obviously
trying to be the POD, but nothing like a guitar plugged into an amp!

Dave

--
To email remove the section in capitals from the email address.
!