Reinstall Windows 8 upgrade

B Kinnett

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Installed Windows 8 upgrade over XP. Had to do a clean re-install after being hacked. Can't reinstall XP to use the upgrade 8. Have 8 on but not working well. Still need to load XP. Any suggestions?

Solution
You don't need to install xp to use the upgrade. But since you already have windows 8 installed just do a refresh. On the charms bar go to "Settings," and then "Change PC settings." Go to "General," then "Refresh your PC without affecting your files." Alternatively you can also select "Remove everything and reinstall Windows" that is below the refresh option.
You don't need to install xp to use the upgrade. But since you already have windows 8 installed just do a refresh. On the charms bar go to "Settings," and then "Change PC settings." Go to "General," then "Refresh your PC without affecting your files." Alternatively you can also select "Remove everything and reinstall Windows" that is below the refresh option.

Solution

buythiscomputer

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2015
Hello, I paid for a windows 8 update (from wondows 7) and I want to reinstall a clean windows 8.

I do not have anymore any windows 7 CD to install it.

Can I install any original or copy of windows 8 and use my authentic offical key to register the windows 8 version that I will install ?

Thank you for your help.