Sacred help requested (possible spoilers)

Last response: in Video Games
January 26, 2005 8:13:04 PM

Some spoiler space

I have 3 of the 4 elements. I need to get to the dam controls to open up
the area with the 4th element. I have talked to the npc who gave me the
portal key to get me on my way to the dam controls. I have gone through the
portal. Where is the cave to get to the dam controls. I have found 2 caves
to the west of the portal. The nw cave has stairs leading up, but boulders
block my access to the stairs. Is this the right cave? Any directions to
the proper cave from the portal will be appreciated. Is it me or does this
game have too much damn combat? Nornally I'd run around exploring for the
right way to go, but I'm sick of those poison trolls. Pleaes post replies
to this newsgroup. Now I'm going back to lurking. TIA.
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 8:13:05 PM

Underground Man wrote:
> Some spoiler space
>

> I have 3 of the 4 elements. I need to get to the dam controls to
> open up the area with the 4th element. I have talked to the npc who
> gave me the portal key to get me on my way to the dam controls. I
> have gone through the portal. Where is the cave to get to the dam
> controls. I have found 2 caves to the west of the portal. The nw
> cave has stairs leading up, but boulders block my access to the
> stairs. Is this the right cave? Any directions to the proper cave
> from the portal will be appreciated. Is it me or does this game have
> too much damn combat? Nornally I'd run around exploring for the
> right way to go, but I'm sick of those poison trolls. Pleaes post
> replies to this newsgroup. Now I'm going back to lurking. TIA.

That quest was bugged as originally released. If you went exploring in that
area and found too much "before you were supposed to", access to the area
would be forever closed and you'd just be SOL, which is exactly what
happened to me. And I was especially SOL since I didn't have a savegame
from *before* where I went to the place "too soon".

As I recall, I had to abandon that character and start all over again, which
I did, god only knows why.

You'd have thought they'd have fixed that by now, but the problem you're
having certainly sounds like what I ran into.

--
chainbreaker

If you need to email, then chainbreaker (naturally) at comcast dot
net--that's "net" not "com"--should do it.
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 1:38:47 AM

"Underground Man" <sir_revisited@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Some spoiler space
>

> I have 3 of the 4 elements. I need to get to the dam controls to open up
> the area with the 4th element. I have talked to the npc who gave me the
> portal key to get me on my way to the dam controls. I have gone through
> the
> portal. Where is the cave to get to the dam controls. I have found 2
> caves
> to the west of the portal. The nw cave has stairs leading up, but
> boulders
> block my access to the stairs. Is this the right cave? Any directions to
> the proper cave from the portal will be appreciated. Is it me or does
> this
> game have too much damn combat? Nornally I'd run around exploring for the
> right way to go, but I'm sick of those poison trolls. Pleaes post replies
> to this newsgroup. Now I'm going back to lurking. TIA.

It's the cave with stairs going up. There are boulders but you should be
able to get in anyway. There are lots of ghosts and gargoyles in there and
the dam controls should be very near the entrance. Sacred is supposedly a
Diablo 2 clone so of course there'd be lots of combat.
!