European Open WOW Beta starts now!

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Info: http://en.wow-europe.com/
Form: https://signup.wow-europe.com/

Good luck. They close it when they have enough people. So, hurry.

M.

Michael Vondung wrote:
> Info: http://en.wow-europe.com/
> Form: https://signup.wow-europe.com/
>
> Good luck. They close it when they have enough people. So, hurry.
>
> M.

The european forums are down... people *did* hurry :p

Michael Vondung wrote:
> On 28 Jan 2005 03:34:06 -0800, Babe Bridou wrote:
>
> > The european forums are down... people *did* hurry :p
>
> Yes. :( I get the error page whenever I try to access the boards. Le
sigh.

> They also announced server maintenance for the evening. Why would you
start
> an open beta on Friday morning and schedule maintenance for Friday
evening?

I think they did it this way, because otherwise the servers couldn't
handle the enormous access from the people. Possibly that maintenance
means that more servers are added.

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Possibly I have just created my own account successfully. This evening,
otherwise tomorrow I will be able to test that account.

shadows wrote:
> ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg.]
> On 2005-01-28, Michael Vondung <mvondung@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Info: http://en.wow-europe.com/
> > Form: https://signup.wow-europe.com/
> >
> > Good luck. They close it when they have enough people. So, hurry.
>
> If any of our European friends gets on could you post and tell us
> if the game still has school children following a teacher in
> Stormwind? I'd like to know if Blizzard removed NPCs because of
> some laws in Europe which would prohibit depicting voilence
> against children (ala Fallout and JA2).

AFAIK, orc children are still there, though one can't target those,
except good lil' Pixel who gives quests.
I never could make it through Stormwind Guards so far (Horde here)

DEMON

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

"Babe Bridou" <babebridou@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht

> Michael Vondung wrote:
>> Info: http://en.wow-europe.com/
>> Form: https://signup.wow-europe.com/
>>
>> Good luck. They close it when they have enough people. So, hurry.
>>
>> M.
>
> The european forums are down... people *did* >hurry :p
ye there was alot lag on makin a account, but i got one now ;P only to find
out i cant play yet... i didnt see a realm
available

"Babe Bridou" <babebridou@hotmail.com> writes:

> The european forums are down... people *did* hurry :p

They're smart to use Bittorrent for downloading the client, though -
less load on their own servers. Though ATM I have a higher upload rate
than download... :(

DEMON

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

> They're smart to use Bittorrent for downloading the client, though -
> less load on their own servers. Though ATM I have a higher upload rate
> than download... :(

that why i used azureus. only i had little problem findin a torrent for it
but u could use google to find it like i did :p .

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:57:44 +0100, Demon wrote:

> that why i used azureus. only i had little problem findin a torrent for it
> but u could use google to find it like i did :p .

http://www.wowtorrents.de.vu/

It's important to pick the right language version.

M.

Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:49:58 GMT, shadows wrote:

> If any of our European friends gets on could you post and tell us
> if the game still has school children following a teacher in
> Stormwind?

Yes. They are still there.

Can they get attacked?

M.

Michael Vondung <mvondung@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:49:58 GMT, shadows wrote:
>
>> If any of our European friends gets on could you post and tell us
>> if the game still has school children following a teacher in
>> Stormwind?
>
> Yes. They are still there.
>
> Can they get attacked?

in my experience, no children anywhere can be attacked. even in
contested zones on a pvp server.

Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

On 2005-01-28, Michael Vondung <mvondung@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:49:58 GMT, shadows wrote:
>
>> If any of our European friends gets on could you post and tell us
>> if the game still has school children following a teacher in
>> Stormwind?
>
> Yes. They are still there.
>
> Can they get attacked?

Maybe not the kids but NPCs can be attacked by opposite faction
on any server (PvE or PvP). This is when I played at launch at
least.

I was just curious if WoW took steps to avoid it completely.

TRENDING THREADS