European Open WOW Beta starts now!

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

Info: http://en.wow-europe.com/
Form: https://signup.wow-europe.com/

Good luck. They close it when they have enough people. So, hurry.

M.
13 answers Last reply
More about european open beta starts
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Michael Vondung wrote:
    > Info: http://en.wow-europe.com/
    > Form: https://signup.wow-europe.com/
    >
    > Good luck. They close it when they have enough people. So, hurry.
    >
    > M.

    The european forums are down... people *did* hurry :P
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Michael Vondung wrote:
    > On 28 Jan 2005 03:34:06 -0800, Babe Bridou wrote:
    >
    > > The european forums are down... people *did* hurry :P
    >
    > Yes. :( I get the error page whenever I try to access the boards. Le
    sigh.

    > They also announced server maintenance for the evening. Why would you
    start
    > an open beta on Friday morning and schedule maintenance for Friday
    evening?

    I think they did it this way, because otherwise the servers couldn't
    handle the enormous access from the people. Possibly that maintenance
    means that more servers are added.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Possibly I have just created my own account successfully. This evening,
    otherwise tomorrow I will be able to test that account.

    shadows wrote:
    > ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg.]
    > On 2005-01-28, Michael Vondung <mvondung@gmail.com> wrote:
    > > Info: http://en.wow-europe.com/
    > > Form: https://signup.wow-europe.com/
    > >
    > > Good luck. They close it when they have enough people. So, hurry.
    >
    > If any of our European friends gets on could you post and tell us
    > if the game still has school children following a teacher in
    > Stormwind? I'd like to know if Blizzard removed NPCs because of
    > some laws in Europe which would prohibit depicting voilence
    > against children (ala Fallout and JA2).

    AFAIK, orc children are still there, though one can't target those,
    except good lil' Pixel who gives quests.
    I never could make it through Stormwind Guards so far (Horde here)
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    "Babe Bridou" <babebridou@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht

    > Michael Vondung wrote:
    >> Info: http://en.wow-europe.com/
    >> Form: https://signup.wow-europe.com/
    >>
    >> Good luck. They close it when they have enough people. So, hurry.
    >>
    >> M.
    >
    > The european forums are down... people *did* >hurry :P
    ye there was alot lag on makin a account, but i got one now ;P only to find
    out i cant play yet... i didnt see a realm
    available
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    "Babe Bridou" <babebridou@hotmail.com> writes:

    > The european forums are down... people *did* hurry :P

    They're smart to use Bittorrent for downloading the client, though -
    less load on their own servers. Though ATM I have a higher upload rate
    than download... :(
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    > They're smart to use Bittorrent for downloading the client, though -
    > less load on their own servers. Though ATM I have a higher upload rate
    > than download... :(

    that why i used azureus. only i had little problem findin a torrent for it
    but u could use google to find it like i did :P .
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On 28 Jan 2005 03:34:06 -0800, Babe Bridou wrote:

    > The european forums are down... people *did* hurry :P

    Yes. :( I get the error page whenever I try to access the boards. Le sigh.

    They also announced server maintenance for the evening. Why would you start
    an open beta on Friday morning and schedule maintenance for Friday evening?

    M.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:57:44 +0100, Demon wrote:

    > that why i used azureus. only i had little problem findin a torrent for it
    > but u could use google to find it like i did :P .

    http://www.wowtorrents.de.vu/

    It's important to pick the right language version.

    M.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On 2005-01-28, Michael Vondung <mvondung@gmail.com> wrote:
    > Info: http://en.wow-europe.com/
    > Form: https://signup.wow-europe.com/
    >
    > Good luck. They close it when they have enough people. So, hurry.

    If any of our European friends gets on could you post and tell us
    if the game still has school children following a teacher in
    Stormwind? I'd like to know if Blizzard removed NPCs because of
    some laws in Europe which would prohibit depicting voilence
    against children (ala Fallout and JA2).
  11. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:49:58 GMT, shadows wrote:

    > If any of our European friends gets on could you post and tell us
    > if the game still has school children following a teacher in
    > Stormwind?

    Yes. They are still there.

    Can they get attacked?

    M.
  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Michael Vondung <mvondung@gmail.com> wrote:
    > On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:49:58 GMT, shadows wrote:
    >
    >> If any of our European friends gets on could you post and tell us
    >> if the game still has school children following a teacher in
    >> Stormwind?
    >
    > Yes. They are still there.
    >
    > Can they get attacked?

    in my experience, no children anywhere can be attacked. even in
    contested zones on a pvp server.
  13. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On 2005-01-28, Michael Vondung <mvondung@gmail.com> wrote:
    > On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:49:58 GMT, shadows wrote:
    >
    >> If any of our European friends gets on could you post and tell us
    >> if the game still has school children following a teacher in
    >> Stormwind?
    >
    > Yes. They are still there.
    >
    > Can they get attacked?

    Maybe not the kids but NPCs can be attacked by opposite faction
    on any server (PvE or PvP). This is when I played at launch at
    least.

    I was just curious if WoW took steps to avoid it completely.

PC gaming Games World Of Warcraft European Video Games