generic question

Last response: in Video Games
January 28, 2005 1:28:54 PM

Hi, oot question. My company has some sort of web blocking software
(websense), but I'm allowed to get into many webpages. Problem is, the
category 'Games' is (obviously) blocked.
That made me think, is there some sort of web page that I could enter a
web address and it shows that web page inside a frame or something, so
Websense would allow me to get there (since I'm not really visiting the
blocked site, but a site that shows the blocked page). Wonder if
there's some sort of page that does this, not sure if it's possible or
not just an idea

More about : generic question

Anonymous
January 28, 2005 2:59:15 PM

wolfing1@yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi, oot question. My company has some sort of web blocking software
> (websense), but I'm allowed to get into many webpages. Problem is, the
> category 'Games' is (obviously) blocked.
> That made me think, is there some sort of web page that I could enter a
> web address and it shows that web page inside a frame or something, so
> Websense would allow me to get there (since I'm not really visiting the
> blocked site, but a site that shows the blocked page). Wonder if
> there's some sort of page that does this, not sure if it's possible or
> not just an idea

It is possible and not just an idea...Although I'm sure this is some
sort of troll or setup for something...
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 10:31:10 PM

wolfing1@yahoo.com wrote in news:1106936934.821680.19960
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> That made me think, is there some sort of web page that I could enter a
> web address and it shows that web page inside a frame or something, so
> Websense would allow me to get there (since I'm not really visiting the
> blocked site, but a site that shows the blocked page). Wonder if
> there's some sort of page that does this, not sure if it's possible or
> not just an idea

Keyword for search is
proxy

Gandalf Parker
January 28, 2005 11:09:20 PM

wolfing1@yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi, oot question. My company has some sort of web blocking software
> (websense), but I'm allowed to get into many webpages. Problem is, the
> category 'Games' is (obviously) blocked.
> That made me think, is there some sort of web page that I could enter a
> web address and it shows that web page inside a frame or something, so
> Websense would allow me to get there (since I'm not really visiting the
> blocked site, but a site that shows the blocked page). Wonder if
> there's some sort of page that does this, not sure if it's possible or
> not just an idea

A web archive would probably work:
http://web.archive.org/

--KG
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 1:26:40 AM

"James Garvin" <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> wrote in message
> wolfing1@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> It is possible and not just an idea...Although I'm sure this is some sort
> of troll or setup for something...

I think you're a troll inciting people by calling them trolls.
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 1:37:05 AM

On 28 Jan 2005 10:28:54 -0800, wolfing1@yahoo.com wrote:

>Hi, oot question. My company has some sort of web blocking software
>(websense), but I'm allowed to get into many webpages. Problem is, the
>category 'Games' is (obviously) blocked.
>That made me think, is there some sort of web page that I could enter a
>web address and it shows that web page inside a frame or something, so
>Websense would allow me to get there (since I'm not really visiting the
>blocked site, but a site that shows the blocked page). Wonder if
>there's some sort of page that does this, not sure if it's possible or
>not just an idea

What you are looking for is at http://www.peacefire.org/

Don't use it on a corporate computer - they have the filtering software
installed for a reason. If you want to use the Internet, it's best to do
it at home.
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 1:39:32 AM

Grackle wrote:

> "James Garvin" <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> wrote in message
>
>>wolfing1@yahoo.com wrote:
>>
>>It is possible and not just an idea...Although I'm sure this is some sort
>>of troll or setup for something...
>

> I think you're a troll inciting people by calling them trolls.

LOL! 5/10...this actually was pretty funny
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 3:24:00 AM

wolfing1@yahoo.com writes:

> That made me think, is there some sort of web page that I could enter a
> web address and it shows that web page inside a frame or something, so
> Websense would allow me to get there (since I'm not really visiting the
> blocked site, but a site that shows the blocked page).

If Websense is a proxy, that would not work: Frames are local to the
browser, and a request for a game site looks the same whether it will
end up in a frame or not.
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 12:47:57 PM

> Grackle wrote:
>
>> "James Garvin" <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>wolfing1@yahoo.com wrote:
>>>
>>>It is possible and not just an idea...Although I'm sure this is some sort
>>>of troll or setup for something...
>>

>> I think you're a troll inciting people by calling them trolls.
> LOL! 5/10...this actually was pretty funny

5/10? That's insulting.
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 1:35:51 PM

Thusly bk039@ncf.ca (Raymond Martineau) Spake Unto All:

>Don't use it on a corporate computer - they have the filtering software
>installed for a reason.

Yeah, they're cheap control freaks.

--
Moralism, n: the deathly fear that someone, somewhere, might be having
fun.

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 10:35:51 +0100, Mean_Chlorine
<mike_noren2002@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>Thusly bk039@ncf.ca (Raymond Martineau) Spake Unto All:
>
>>Don't use it on a corporate computer - they have the filtering software
>>installed for a reason.
>
>Yeah, they're cheap control freaks.

That's entirely accurrate. If they really wanted to be true control freaks
instead of cheap ones, they would hire a football player to help employees
remain focused on their tasks.
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 10:00:53 PM

Thusly bk039@ncf.ca (Raymond Martineau) Spake Unto All:

>>>Don't use it on a corporate computer - they have the filtering software
>>>installed for a reason.
>>
>>Yeah, they're cheap control freaks.
>
>That's entirely accurrate. If they really wanted to be true control freaks
>instead of cheap ones, they would hire a football player to help employees
>remain focused on their tasks.

Exactly. Like Electronic Arts.
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 12:11:37 AM

And they'll fire your ass if they catch you.

>>Don't use it on a corporate computer - they have the filtering software
>>installed for a reason.

Yeah, they're cheap control freaks.
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 9:19:19 AM

<<<
What you are looking for is at http://www.peacefire.org/

Don't use it on a corporate computer - they have the filteri­ng
software
installed for a reason. If you want to use the Internet, it­'s best
to do
it at home.

Just checked it... blocked too grrr
I'll check the web for the word 'proxy' but kinda sounds too generic
!