  • Cell Phones
  • Phones
Last response: in Brands
June 24, 2005 7:38:46 PM

Anyone know hot to stop the phone from changing ring options while in my
pocket. If anything else is in my pocket and they lean together, the
buttons get pressed. It's extremely annoying :flamemad: to me but I
like the phone (so far). I tired locking the phone but that didn't
work, it only locked it when i turn it on. Any suggestions?

--
an8skate

More about : moto v551

Anonymous
June 25, 2005 6:29:00 AM

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 15:38:46 -0500, an8skate
<an8skate.1r5eoy@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote:

>Anyone know hot to stop the phone from changing ring options while in my
>pocket. If anything else is in my pocket and they lean together, the
>buttons get pressed. It's extremely annoying :flamemad: to me but I
>like the phone (so far). I tired locking the phone but that didn't
>work, it only locked it when i turn it on. Any suggestions?

Do the following sequence:

Menu > Settings >SELECT > Security >SELECT > Lock Application > SELECT
> Enter Phone's unlock code > OK > Ring Styles:Unlocked > EDIT/ADD >
Scroll up or down to Locked > Select.

Screen gives you confirmation that change has been made to locked.
Now, any time you want to change ring tones, you'll have to enter the
phone's unlock code first.

One caveat to that... If the flip is open, you can you the up/down
buttons on the side of the phone to change volume up and down. When
you change volume down far enough, the phone switches to vibrate mode.

BD
!