Sign in with
Your question

Basic program under Windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
February 18, 2010 5:47:19 PM

I am trying to run a program written in basic under Windows 7.

I am getting control characters on the screen What do I need to do to suppress them?

More about : basic program windows

a c 209 $ Windows 7
February 20, 2010 12:24:23 AM

It sounds to me like you need ANSI.SYS - unfortunately I don't know if there's a way to get it to work in Win7 or not...
m
l
February 27, 2010 10:15:26 AM

sminlal said:
It sounds to me like you need ANSI.SYS - unfortunately I don't know if there's a way to get it to work in Win7 or not...

Thank you for your thoughts. I need config.nt or whatever windows 7 has. Config.nt is in both XP & Vista and I just add the device pointer to ansi.sys and everything is fine!!
m
l
Related resources
a c 209 $ Windows 7
February 27, 2010 4:42:46 PM

I tried copying ANSI.SYS and CONFIG.NT from XP into the C:\Windows\System32 folder on my Windows 7 system, and editing CONFIG.NT to load the ANSI.SYS driver, but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

If you have Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate then you can download and install "XP Mode", I expect that your program would under XP mode OK.
m
l
February 27, 2010 4:50:16 PM

sminlal said:
I tried copying ANSI.SYS and CONFIG.NT from XP into the C:\Windows\System32 folder on my Windows 7 system, and editing CONFIG.NT to load the ANSI.SYS driver, but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

If you have Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate then you can download and install "XP Mode", I expect that your program would under XP mode OK.

Thank you I will try that. Many thanks.
m
l
!