JoWooD gone soon?

"joe~V~3838" <jms2@gbronline.com> looked up from reading the entrails of

>Does this mean Gothic 3 is dead for the US version?
>I hope not....
>I thought they were doing decent....
>damn, pisses me off....
>

>http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/583/583287p1.html

You might try actually reading the link you posted.

Xocyll

joe~V~3838 wrote:

>Does this mean Gothic 3 is dead for the US version?
>I hope not....
>http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/583/583287p1.html

Of course not. JoWood is merely restructuring its business. They decided
to concentrate on the genres they think they can fit best. RPG is one of
them so G III will definitely be released, In Germany at least... :)

Thomas

"Thomas Engler" <thomas.engler@gmx.de> wrote in message news:l1tmv09k7s7hqv2qhlctf01lca40bd8in3@4ax.com...
> joe~V~3838 wrote:
>
> >Does this mean Gothic 3 is dead for the US version?
> >I hope not....
> >http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/583/583287p1.html
>
> Of course not. JoWood is merely restructuring its business. They decided
> to concentrate on the genres they think they can fit best. RPG is one of
> them so G III will definitely be released, In Germany at least... :)
>

> Thomas

Well, that's what concerns me, they never released the expansion for
Gothic II in US, and wonder if they'll get a Gothic III usa release.....
damn...hope so......

joe

Thomas Engler wrote:
> joe~V~3838 wrote:
>>Does this mean Gothic 3 is dead for the US version?
>>I hope not....
>>http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/583/583287p1.html
>
> Of course not. JoWood is merely restructuring its business. They decided
> to concentrate on the genres they think they can fit best. RPG is one of
> them so G III will definitely be released, In Germany at least... :)

Actually I think this may be more a restructuring to focus on publishing
rather than development - I didn't even know JoWood _had_ any
development studios until I read that they were closing a couple of them
down.

Cheers!
David...

Werner

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2003

Thomas Engler wrote:
> joe~V~3838 wrote:
>

>>Does this mean Gothic 3 is dead for the US version?
>>I hope not....
>>http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/583/583287p1.html
>

> Of course not. JoWood is merely restructuring its business. They decided
> to concentrate on the genres they think they can fit best. RPG is one of
> them so G III will definitely be released, In Germany at least... :)

I would not worry too much about the Piranhas... they are the table
silver of JoWood, they survived already the downfall of Phenomedia
(which they were a spinoff originally)

Dunno if they even 100% owned by JoWood or if they are a different
company with close ties to JoWood.

In message <RLqdnVYzsso0c2fcRVn-pw@gbronline.com>, joe~V~3838
<jms2@gbronline.com> writes
>Does this mean Gothic 3 is dead for the US version?
>I hope not....
>I thought they were doing decent....
>damn, pisses me off....

Every game of theirs had fantastic hype, and great intros but never
lived up to expectations. Arx Fatalis had so many bugs I could never get
it to run properly and then there was the awful Baldurs Gate rip off
with pigeon English dialogue.

All in all they were the classic maximum promise, minimum delivery
company the industry doesn't need !

--
Edward Cowling London UK

Hey Edward

"Edward Cowling London UK" <edward@genghis0.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:bq3jriB93eBCFw6j@genghis0.demon.co.uk...
> In message <RLqdnVYzsso0c2fcRVn-pw@gbronline.com>, joe~V~3838
> <jms2@gbronline.com> writes
> >Does this mean Gothic 3 is dead for the US version?
> >I hope not....
> >I thought they were doing decent....
> >damn, pisses me off....
> >

> Every game of theirs had fantastic hype, and great intros but never
> lived up to expectations. Arx Fatalis had so many bugs I could never get
> it to run properly and then there was the awful Baldurs Gate rip off
> with pigeon English dialogue.
>
> All in all they were the classic maximum promise, minimum delivery
> company the industry doesn't need !
>

> --
> Edward Cowling London UK

well, I think Gothic 1 was very good , 8 out of 10, and Gothic 2
I'd say was 9 out of 10... those two games alone brought some good
gaming to many. Arx Fatalis was about a 7 out of 10 game, but
still was interesting , and I played it to the end.

you didn't like Gothic 1 or 2??

In message <SeednWdJjcsxppvfRVn-rA@gbronline.com>, joe~V~3838
<jms2@gbronline.com> writes
>Hey Edward
>
>you didn't like Gothic 1 or 2??

Compare them to Morrowind or Daggerfall !

They felt like converted console games and I never
felt that easy intuitive gameplay I get from Bethesda
games.

I prefer good old Ultima IX over Gothic.

--
Edward Cowling London UK

Thusly Edward Cowling London UK <edward@genghis0.demon.co.uk> Spake
Unto All:

>>Does this mean Gothic 3 is dead for the US version?
>>I hope not....
>
>Every game of theirs had fantastic hype, and great intros but never
>lived up to expectations.

The Gothics had "fantastic hype" and "didn't live up to
expectations"?!

The only way to have *less* hype for the Gothics would've been to
incarcerate everyone who mentioned them in Guantanamo.

Edward Cowling London UK wrote:

> In message <RLqdnVYzsso0c2fcRVn-pw@gbronline.com>, joe~V~3838
> <jms2@gbronline.com> writes
>
>> Does this mean Gothic 3 is dead for the US version?
>> I hope not....
>> I thought they were doing decent....
>> damn, pisses me off....
>>

> Every game of theirs had fantastic hype, and great intros but never
> lived up to expectations. Arx Fatalis had so many bugs I could never get
> it to run properly and then there was the awful Baldurs Gate rip off
> with pigeon English dialogue.
>
> All in all they were the classic maximum promise, minimum delivery
> company the industry doesn't need !

I take it you didn't like Gothic 1 or 2????

Mean_Chlorine wrote:

> Thusly Edward Cowling London UK <edward@genghis0.demon.co.uk> Spake
> Unto All:
>

>>>Does this mean Gothic 3 is dead for the US version?
>>>I hope not....
>>
>>Every game of theirs had fantastic hype, and great intros but never
>>lived up to expectations.
>

> The Gothics had "fantastic hype" and "didn't live up to
> expectations"?!
>
> The only way to have *less* hype for the Gothics would've been to
> incarcerate everyone who mentioned them in Guantanamo.

SSHHHHHH...you'll ruin the secret hype machine secret!

Edward Cowling London UK wrote:

> Compare them to Morrowind or Daggerfall !

I'd say Gothic is a little more rich in some areas and Morrowind is
richer in others. I never got that into Daggerfall...It was a little
TOO open ended...at least Morrowind had a main quest you could easily
follow.

> I prefer good old Ultima IX over Gothic.

GAH!!! Ultima IX better than either Gothic...are you sure you are
playing the right Gothics?

Edward Cowling London UK wrote:

>>you didn't like Gothic 1 or 2??
>
>Compare them to Morrowind or Daggerfall !

I'd choose Gothic 2 any time...

>I prefer good old Ultima IX over Gothic.
^^^^^^^
And you are ranting over the many bugs that Arx Fatalis had? Come on...

Thomas

JOWOOD JUST OWNED X-COM.CO.UK AND TURNED IT INTO A dearest comrade SITE.

Edward Cowling London UK wrote:

> In message <SeednWdJjcsxppvfRVn-rA@gbronline.com>, joe~V~3838
> <jms2@gbronline.com> writes
> > Hey Edward
> >
> > you didn't like Gothic 1 or 2??
> >

> Compare them to Morrowind or Daggerfall !
>
> They felt like converted console games and I never
> felt that easy intuitive gameplay I get from Bethesda
> games.
>
> I prefer good old Ultima IX over Gothic.

TROLL!!! RUN!!!