How can I tell if my phone is unlocked or not without a di..

I just recieved a Cingular Branded Moto Razr V3. I was told by the seller
that the phone is unlocked. Is there a way to tell if in fact it is unlocked
by the S/W version or some other code in the phone without trying another
company sim card?

Tia,

DrB
5 answers Last reply
More about phone unlocked

    In article <9f_ve.11032$bz6.9308@trndny06>,
    Drb.Well <drb.well@verizon.net> wrote:
    >I just recieved a Cingular Branded Moto Razr V3. I was told by the seller
    >that the phone is unlocked. Is there a way to tell if in fact it is unlocked
    >by the S/W version or some other code in the phone without trying another
    >company sim card?

    No.

    all you need to do is get another sim card from a friend and put it into
    your phone. If it does not give you an error when you power it up, it's
    unlocked.

    --
    troyboy30

    Yes, the triplet tool compilation software can tell you.

    "Mike S." <retsuhcs@xinap.moc> wrote in message

    > In article <9f_ve.11032$bz6.9308@trndny06>,
    > Drb.Well <drb.well@verizon.net> wrote:
    >>I just recieved a Cingular Branded Moto Razr V3. I was told by the seller
    >>that the phone is unlocked. Is there a way to tell if in fact it is
    >>unlocked
    >>by the S/W version or some other code in the phone without trying another
    >>company sim card?
    >
    > No.

    I've heard of alot people messing up their cells by playing with that
    program too much lol
    "Destrux" <destrux.placeholder@hotmail.freelydelete.com> wrote in message
    > Yes, the triplet tool compilation software can tell you.
    >
    > "Mike S." <retsuhcs@xinap.moc> wrote in message
    > >
    > > In article <9f_ve.11032$bz6.9308@trndny06>,
    > > Drb.Well <drb.well@verizon.net> wrote:
    > >>I just recieved a Cingular Branded Moto Razr V3. I was told by the
    seller
    > >>that the phone is unlocked. Is there a way to tell if in fact it is
    > >>unlocked
    > >>by the S/W version or some other code in the phone without trying
    another
    > >>company sim card?
    > >
    > > No.

    Thanks

    "troyboy30" <troyboy30.1rbn01@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

    > all you need to do is get another sim card from a friend and put it into
    > your phone. If it does not give you an error when you power it up, it's
    > unlocked.
    >

    > --
    > troyboy30

Motorola Phones Cingular