KOTOR2: February 8th

Last response: in Video Games
Share
February 3, 2005 5:40:46 PM

All the ads and websites are indicating that KOTOR2 is coming out
Feb 8th for the PC.

In the immortal words of Duke Nukem: "Hail to the King, baby."

Finally, a real CRPG.

More about : kotor2 february 8th

Anonymous
February 3, 2005 5:40:47 PM

What's the recommended system spec's for this one?
Its been so long since I upgraded, I just can't grab the latest and greatest
no matter how much I want it.
"shadows" <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in message
> All the ads and websites are indicating that KOTOR2 is coming out
> Feb 8th for the PC.
>
> In the immortal words of Duke Nukem: "Hail to the King, baby."
>
> Finally, a real CRPG.

Anonymous
February 3, 2005 5:40:47 PM

Go to Amazon.com and read the user reviews of the XBOX version. They
are not very encouraging.
The best part of Kotor1 was the plot and story - the gameplay itself
wasn't all that exciting or challenging. Unfortunately it appears in
Kotor2 they skimped on the story...

For me, Star Wars peaked with Empire Strikes Back. I didn't think
Return was anywhere near as good and the new ones are just drek. Lucas
should have just let well enough alone but this happens to many authors
- they have 1 or 2 good works then the Muse disappears and absolute
drek is produced.
February 3, 2005 6:04:45 PM

Ships on the eight in stores the ninth.
February 3, 2005 6:58:35 PM

On 2005-02-03, Paul2 <emperorwoo@nospam.rogers.com> wrote:
> What's the recommended system spec's for this one?
> Its been so long since I upgraded, I just can't grab the latest and greatest
> no matter how much I want it.

Check Lucas Arts website.

They're using the same engine with a revamped UI and a few
graphical features added.

Other than that the NPC interaction system has been redone to
include "influence" which gives your party members more
depth. You can do bad things and still impress a party member if
you have enough influence over them.

I honestly can't wait. Booking vacation days now.
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 6:58:36 PM

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 15:58:35 +0000, shadows wrote:

> On 2005-02-03, Paul2 <emperorwoo@nospam.rogers.com> wrote:
>> What's the recommended system spec's for this one?
>> Its been so long since I upgraded, I just can't grab the latest and greatest
>> no matter how much I want it.
>
> Check Lucas Arts website.
>
> They're using the same engine with a revamped UI and a few
> graphical features added.
>
> Other than that the NPC interaction system has been redone to
> include "influence" which gives your party members more
> depth. You can do bad things and still impress a party member if
> you have enough influence over them.
>
> I honestly can't wait. Booking vacation days now.

It would be nice to see of some of the Xbox owners would pipe up. I hope
they fixed the leveling problem, so one could max out their characters,
with all the cool force powers. That was one of the big problems in the
first one for me, I wanted to get all the force powers I could and ended
up not being able to.

Gnu_Raiz
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 6:58:37 PM

Gnu_Raiz wrote:

> On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 15:58:35 +0000, shadows wrote:
>

>>On 2005-02-03, Paul2 <emperorwoo@nospam.rogers.com> wrote:
>>
>>>What's the recommended system spec's for this one?
>>>Its been so long since I upgraded, I just can't grab the latest and greatest
>>>no matter how much I want it.
>>
>>Check Lucas Arts website.
>>
>>They're using the same engine with a revamped UI and a few
>>graphical features added.
>>
>>Other than that the NPC interaction system has been redone to
>>include "influence" which gives your party members more
>>depth. You can do bad things and still impress a party member if
>>you have enough influence over them.
>>
>>I honestly can't wait. Booking vacation days now.
>

> It would be nice to see of some of the Xbox owners would pipe up. I hope
> they fixed the leveling problem, so one could max out their characters,
> with all the cool force powers. That was one of the big problems in the
> first one for me, I wanted to get all the force powers I could and ended
> up not being able to.

I'm also curious how the NPCs work...and how the plot is...and how the
game "feels."

I'm also looking forward to Ep3 (even though I'll be disappointed). The
trailer looks uber cool...
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 9:52:20 PM

Gnu_Raiz <Gnu_Raiz@uptime.notlost.net> wrote:

>It would be nice to see of some of the Xbox owners would pipe up. I hope
>they fixed the leveling problem, so one could max out their characters,
>with all the cool force powers. That was one of the big problems in the
>first one for me, I wanted to get all the force powers I could and ended
>up not being able to.

I own it, but haven't played it yet. Our new computer refused to
run KOTOR 1 so my girlfriend got me an XBox along with KOTOR 1
and 2 for Christmas. I'm chugging merrily away on KOTOR 1 now.
There's really no point to this post except to point out how
cool my girlfriend is.

I did fire up KOTOR 2 for a few minutes last night, just to
see what the character creation was like. The portraits are
familiar from the first one, but seem slightly different. There
might be more of them, too, I'm not sure. You start out as a
Jedi, but I'm not sure what level you are. The droid you play
during the prologue is 1st level, but if the PC is 1st level
you get a LOT of free feats that I don't believe were present
for your first Jedi level in KOTOR 1. Actually, come to think
of it, you must start at 1st level because the character has
only 1st level worth of skill points. So maybe they're just
going for a more powerful/fun 1st level.

Pete
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 1:43:35 AM

<pauls2272@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Go to Amazon.com and read the user reviews of the XBOX version. They
> are not very encouraging.
> The best part of Kotor1 was the plot and story - the gameplay itself
> wasn't all that exciting or challenging. Unfortunately it appears in
> Kotor2 they skimped on the story...
>
> For me, Star Wars peaked with Empire Strikes Back. I didn't think
> Return was anywhere near as good and the new ones are just drek. Lucas
> should have just let well enough alone but this happens to many authors
> - they have 1 or 2 good works then the Muse disappears and absolute
> drek is produced.

Doesn't look too bad here:
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/920194.asp?q=sit...

--
Derek
February 4, 2005 3:56:30 AM

On 2005-02-03, pauls2272@yahoo.com <pauls2272@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Go to Amazon.com and read the user reviews of the XBOX version. They
> are not very encouraging.

Well I'm hoping it will be good. Amazon.com isn't my site for
reviews really. Especially not games.

> For me, Star Wars peaked with Empire Strikes Back. I didn't think
> Return was anywhere near as good and the new ones are just drek. Lucas
> should have just let well enough alone but this happens to many authors
> - they have 1 or 2 good works then the Muse disappears and absolute
> drek is produced.

I liked all three and enjoyed KOTOR1. From what I understand
Chris Avellone was one of the guys who worked on PST and he
worked on KOTOR2. This is why the xbox reviews talk about the
deep philosophical questions brought up in KOTOR2. I'm looking
forward to that.
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 4:22:45 AM

Thusly "Derek Baker" <me@xyzderekbaker.eclipse.co.uk> Spake Unto All:

>> For me, Star Wars peaked with Empire Strikes Back. I didn't think
>> Return was anywhere near as good and the new ones are just drek. Lucas
>> should have just let well enough alone but this happens to many authors
>> - they have 1 or 2 good works then the Muse disappears and absolute
>> drek is produced.
>>

>Doesn't look too bad here:
>http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/920194.asp?q=sit...

You don't think? The graphics look even cheesier than KOTOR1's.
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 7:56:23 AM

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 10:36:59 -0500, "Paul2"
<emperorwoo@nospam.rogers.com> wrote:

>> Finally, a real CRPG.

Sad state of things. A "real RPG" is a console port.

The downside of the first game was the obvious port of the Aurora
engine. They had the same "lawyer" mini-game from Neverwinter Nights,
and it was as annoying in the later as it was in the former.

My bias against NWN was that it removed any sort of tactical gameplay,
and just came down point and click dungeon crawl. It was exemplied by
being able to open up a portal to town in the middle of battle, and
going to rest.

KOTOR 1, had a much better story than NWN OC. But it suffered from
extreme dichotomy's. Your choice of dialog's was either be a total
prick, or utterly wimpy.

I was looking forward to see what Obsidian could do with the sequel.
Black Isle seemed to usualy add a bit of zing to the games they worked
on with Bioware, as well as being able to make subtle improvements in
the engine.

But indications are they did very little with the engine besides
adding new powers. And while it sounds like they made the dialog path
somewhat more interesting, reviews indictate the story line is pretty
weak for KOTOR 2.

No doubt I'll pick up and play a bit of the game. But mainly because
after 8 monthes of fighting Circle of Thorns and the 5th Column, I
need to do something a bit different.

When does Elder Scrolls IV come out again?
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 9:07:59 AM

Oh my god, I loved the lawyer part, probably one of the things I liked
the most in Kotor 1!!
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 11:16:52 AM

pauls2272@yahoo.com wrote:
> Go to Amazon.com and read the user reviews of the XBOX version. They
> are not very encouraging.
> The best part of Kotor1 was the plot and story - the gameplay itself
> wasn't all that exciting or challenging. >

Exactly....which is why I didn't care for KOTOR 1. I'm not a adventure
gaming fan and KOTOR struck me as action/adventure with the action part
being lackluster. It also didn't help that the graphics are not all
that good. Anyway, of course, IMO.
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 4:03:47 PM

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 12:43:42 -0600, Gnu_Raiz
<Gnu_Raiz@uptime.notlost.net> wrote:

[snip]

>It would be nice to see of some of the Xbox owners would pipe up. I hope
>they fixed the leveling problem, so one could max out their characters,

Yup, the new prestige classes take care of that. The influence system
is a great addition, and skills are actually useful now with the
ability to break down and create items. This makes the Sentinel class
the most useful at the start.

>with all the cool force powers. That was one of the big problems in the
>first one for me, I wanted to get all the force powers I could and ended
>up not being able to.

Apart from the bugs in the xbox version the biggest problem I see is
that they've nerfed the Guardian class somewhat. From what I
understand the progression of the Base Attack Bonus for each class is
the same when levelling up.
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 4:56:35 PM

shadows wrote:
> On 2005-02-04, freshie <freshie@newsguy.NOSPAM.com> wrote:
>
> > When does Elder Scrolls IV come out again?
>
> Why so you can install a mod for a +5 sword and a jesters hat
> while you walk over to one of the NPCs, click on them, hear a
> repeated wav file saying "hello there" and read a 300 line
> cardboard pop up?
>
> Yeah that's great.

I also don't know what's the big deal about Morrowind. I read in a
magazine this new installment will be more 'action' oriented... bleh,
if I wanted more action I'd be playing Quake
I do like the spell and magic item maker though, all the way from Arena
February 4, 2005 5:24:29 PM

On 2005-02-04, freshie <freshie@newsguy.NOSPAM.com> wrote:

> When does Elder Scrolls IV come out again?

Why so you can install a mod for a +5 sword and a jesters hat
while you walk over to one of the NPCs, click on them, hear a
repeated wav file saying "hello there" and read a 300 line
cardboard pop up?

Yeah that's great.
February 4, 2005 7:50:08 PM

On 2005-02-04, burwil <burwil@gmail.com> wrote:

> pauls2272@yahoo.com wrote:
>> Go to Amazon.com and read the user reviews of the XBOX version. They
>> are not very encouraging.
>> The best part of Kotor1 was the plot and story - the gameplay itself
>> wasn't all that exciting or challenging. >
>
> Exactly....which is why I didn't care for KOTOR 1. I'm not a adventure
> gaming fan and KOTOR struck me as action/adventure with the action part
> being lackluster. It also didn't help that the graphics are not all
> that good. Anyway, of course, IMO.

The first hour isn't interesting. After you leave the first
planet KOTOR1 really takes off.

The action improves as your character eventually uses a light
sabre (and with a dx9 card the effects are incredible). The force
powers alone like "Force Wave" were incredible to look at.

What game had better "action" ?
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 7:50:09 PM

shadows wrote:

> The action improves as your character eventually uses a light
> sabre (and with a dx9 card the effects are incredible). The force
> powers alone like "Force Wave" were incredible to look at.

You spelled "Saber" wrong ;-) (I know...british spelling...it is a
joke...haha..funny)
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 11:12:58 PM

"James Garvin" <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> wrote in message
> shadows wrote:
>
> > The action improves as your character eventually uses a light
> > sabre (and with a dx9 card the effects are incredible). The force
> > powers alone like "Force Wave" were incredible to look at.
>
> You spelled "Saber" wrong ;-) (I know...british spelling...it is a
> joke...haha..funny)

Hmmm. You noticed that, but said nothing about the fact that "lightsaber"
is supposed to be all one word ...

I am ... disappointed. [grin]
Anonymous
February 5, 2005 12:21:09 AM

shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> writes:

> The first hour isn't interesting. After you leave the first
> planet KOTOR1 really takes off.

I thought the first planet was one of the most interesting parts of
the game...

--
Darin Johnson
Caution! Under no circumstances confuse the mesh with the

"Darin Johnson" <darin_@_usa_._net> wrote in message
> shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> writes:
>
>> The first hour isn't interesting. After you leave the first
>> planet KOTOR1 really takes off.
>
> I thought the first planet was one of the most interesting parts of
> the game...

I am also one of those who liked Taris.

--
Derek
Anonymous

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 20:12:58 -0500, "Allan C Cybulskie"
<allan.c.cybulskie@yahoo.ca> wrote:

>"James Garvin" <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> shadows wrote:
>>
>> > The action improves as your character eventually uses a light
>> > sabre (and with a dx9 card the effects are incredible). The force
>> > powers alone like "Force Wave" were incredible to look at.
>>
>> You spelled "Saber" wrong ;-) (I know...british spelling...it is a
>> joke...haha..funny)
>
>Hmmm. You noticed that, but said nothing about the fact that "lightsaber"
>is supposed to be all one word ...
>
>I am ... disappointed. [grin]

Perhaps he's talking about the weight of the bladed weapons in the
game. For most of the game, you're lugging around heavy metal and
cortosis swords. It's got to be a relief to eventually be able to
carry a relatively light weight solid state weapon if you're a melee
weapon guy.

MCheu
Anonymous
February 5, 2005 5:22:35 PM

In article <abg601t27uohatuq895bo8p0ut0phhsrld@4ax.com>,
freshie <freshie@newsguy.NOSPAM.com> wrote:
> engine. They had the same "lawyer" mini-game from Neverwinter Nights,
> and it was as annoying in the later as it was in the former.

As a veteran of Infocom's _Deadline_, I liked it.

I was particularly impressed at the various endings; if you don't find
the key piece of evidence, it's quite possible to "prove" that the
defendant is innocent.

Rick R.
Anonymous
February 5, 2005 9:08:34 PM

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 11:18:13 -0500, MCheu wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 20:12:58 -0500, "Allan C Cybulskie"
> <allan.c.cybulskie@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>

>>"James Garvin" <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> shadows wrote:
>>>
>snip<
>
> Perhaps he's talking about the weight of the bladed weapons in the
> game. For most of the game, you're lugging around heavy metal and
> cortosis swords. It's got to be a relief to eventually be able to
> carry a relatively light weight solid state weapon if you're a melee
> weapon guy.
>
> MCheu

Thats why one of the first things you do is get the two handed ability,
and that of dueling so you can use two swords, or two lightsabers, without
being penalized. then you sell everything you have, and get the special
stones to set in your lightsabers, so each one does like 40+ damages.

I still have not found out the best combination of which stones to use for
the most damage. I played around with it for a few hours one day, and
tried to find a faq but each one I tried did not show the best
combination, per class of jedi. So I ended up doing one stone at a time,
and by the time I got to three stones I had high 40+ damages in both
hands, but I know some combinations could probably do more damage.

It's fun to hit an enemy with one round and the next they are trying to
heal until they are dead.

Gnu_Raiz
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 5:23:34 AM

In article <cu2krb$s9p$1@joe.rice.edu>, Rick Russell <rickr@is.rice.edu> wrote:

>As a veteran of Infocom's _Deadline_, I liked it.

And then there was Infocom's _Witness_. When I played it, it went like
this (from memory, so I may be blurring some bits):

- See someone get shot.
- Look in the cabinet behind the victim and find a small gun.
- Leave the room and show the gun to the first person I see.
- The person I show the gun to confesses to the crime and the game ends.

Total playing time: 3 minutes.

I've always kind of wondered if I was missing something there.

--
Kyle Haight
Anonymous

"Gnu_Raiz" <Gnu_Raiz@uptime.notlost.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 11:18:13 -0500, MCheu wrote:

> Thats why one of the first things you do is get the two handed ability,
> and that of dueling so you can use two swords, or two lightsabers, without
> being penalized. then you sell everything you have, and get the special
> stones to set in your lightsabers, so each one does like 40+ damages.

If you're going 2-handed, then dueling is a waste as you don't get the
bonuses.

> I still have not found out the best combination of which stones to use for
> the most damage. I played around with it for a few hours one day, and
> tried to find a faq but each one I tried did not show the best
> combination, per class of jedi. So I ended up doing one stone at a time,
> and by the time I got to three stones I had high 40+ damages in both
> hands, but I know some combinations could probably do more damage.

Solari, Upari and Krayt Dragon Pearl are the best crystals. I normally play
with those.
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 4:56:12 PM

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 13:56:11 +0800, "Andrew Chew"
<andrew@nospam.alumni.nus.edu.sg> wrote:

>"Gnu_Raiz" <Gnu_Raiz@uptime.notlost.net> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 11:18:13 -0500, MCheu wrote:
>
>> Thats why one of the first things you do is get the two handed ability,
>> and that of dueling so you can use two swords, or two lightsabers, without
>> being penalized. then you sell everything you have, and get the special
>> stones to set in your lightsabers, so each one does like 40+ damages.
>
>If you're going 2-handed, then dueling is a waste as you don't get the
>bonuses.
>>
>> I still have not found out the best combination of which stones to use for
>> the most damage. I played around with it for a few hours one day, and
>> tried to find a faq but each one I tried did not show the best
>> combination, per class of jedi. So I ended up doing one stone at a time,
>> and by the time I got to three stones I had high 40+ damages in both
>> hands, but I know some combinations could probably do more damage.
>
>Solari, Upari and Krayt Dragon Pearl are the best crystals. I normally play
>with those.

And, since we're talking about the PC version of the game, there's two
more crystals at Yavin station to be had. I think you have to break
the bank in Pazaak to have them offered, and they're expensive, but
there's two crystals there that amp up the effects of whatever
accessory crystals you put in. You put one of these in your colour
crystal slot, by the way -- took me a short while to figure that out.

MCheu
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 5:06:11 PM

"Ian Galbraith" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 12:43:42 -0600, Gnu_Raiz
> <Gnu_Raiz@uptime.notlost.net> wrote:

> Apart from the bugs in the xbox version the biggest problem I see is
> that they've nerfed the Guardian class somewhat.

Not surprising. Guardian class was overpowered in KotOR, with Sentinel being
the worst IMO due to useless skills.
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 1:58:33 AM

On 4 Feb 2005 13:56:35 -0800, wolfing1@yahoo.com wrote:

>shadows wrote:
>> On 2005-02-04, freshie <freshie@newsguy.NOSPAM.com> wrote:
>>
>> > When does Elder Scrolls IV come out again?
>>
>> Why so you can install a mod for a +5 sword and a jesters hat
>> while you walk over to one of the NPCs, click on them, hear a
>> repeated wav file saying "hello there" and read a 300 line
>> cardboard pop up?
>>
>> Yeah that's great.
>
>I also don't know what's the big deal about Morrowind.

Simply because there isn't another single game out there that is
designed for PC, and a non-MMO or action RPG out there.

Sure Morrowind had it's faults. Repetive dialog and easy exploits. It
was an original game that aimed high, and for the most part,
accomplished it's goals. And I had a lot of fun playing it.
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 3:35:21 AM

"MCheu" <mpcheu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 13:56:11 +0800, "Andrew Chew"
> <andrew@nospam.alumni.nus.edu.sg> wrote:
>

>>"Gnu_Raiz" <Gnu_Raiz@uptime.notlost.net> wrote in message
>>> On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 11:18:13 -0500, MCheu wrote:
>>
>>> Thats why one of the first things you do is get the two handed ability,
>>> and that of dueling so you can use two swords, or two lightsabers,
>>> without
>>> being penalized. then you sell everything you have, and get the special
>>> stones to set in your lightsabers, so each one does like 40+ damages.
>>
>>If you're going 2-handed, then dueling is a waste as you don't get the
>>bonuses.
>>>
>>> I still have not found out the best combination of which stones to use
>>> for
>>> the most damage. I played around with it for a few hours one day, and
>>> tried to find a faq but each one I tried did not show the best
>>> combination, per class of jedi. So I ended up doing one stone at a time,
>>> and by the time I got to three stones I had high 40+ damages in both
>>> hands, but I know some combinations could probably do more damage.
>>
>>Solari, Upari and Krayt Dragon Pearl are the best crystals. I normally
>>play
>>with those.
>>

> And, since we're talking about the PC version of the game, there's two
> more crystals at Yavin station to be had. I think you have to break
> the bank in Pazaak to have them offered, and they're expensive, but
> there's two crystals there that amp up the effects of whatever
> accessory crystals you put in. You put one of these in your colour
> crystal slot, by the way -- took me a short while to figure that out.

Yeah, I think it's implied from his post he knew about the Yavin crystals,
which he calls "special stones".
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 7:46:48 AM

In article <88pd0118287bf0jokfcaasetfhnipf00sh@4ax.com
>, freshie <freshie@newsguy.NOSPAM.com> wrote:

>Sure Morrowind had it's faults. Repetive dialog and easy exploits. It
>was an original game that aimed high, and for the most part,
>accomplished it's goals. And I had a lot of fun playing it.

I was one of those people who couldn't wait for Morrowind. I played
Daggerfall on and off, and really anticipated it's upgraded sequel. Then
the day came, and I went huh ? I couldn't see any Daggerfall in Morrowind.
It might as well have been Ultima 9 or M&M 8 for all I could tell.

I tried to get into it, and I don't know what turned me off, but I just couldn't.
Perhaps a few more years down the road I'll load it up and be able to play it. <g>

Jim
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 1:25:31 PM

Andrew Chew wrote:

> Yeah, I think it's implied from his post he knew about the Yavin crystals,
> which he calls "special stones".

I always assumed he was talking about HIS special stones ;-)
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 2:06:30 PM

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 00:35:21 +0800, Andrew Chew wrote:

> "MCheu" <mpcheu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 13:56:11 +0800, "Andrew Chew"
>> <andrew@nospam.alumni.nus.edu.sg> wrote:
>>

>>>"Gnu_Raiz" <Gnu_Raiz@uptime.notlost.net> wrote in message

>>>If you're going 2-handed, then dueling is a waste as you don't get the
>>>bonuses.

>>>Solari, Upari and Krayt Dragon Pearl are the best crystals. I normally
>>>play
>>>with those.
>>>

>> And, since we're talking about the PC version of the game, there's two
>> more crystals at Yavin station to be had. I think you have to break
>> the bank in Pazaak to have them offered, and they're expensive, but
>> there's two crystals there that amp up the effects of whatever
>> accessory crystals you put in. You put one of these in your colour
>> crystal slot, by the way -- took me a short while to figure that out.
>>
> Yeah, I think it's implied from his post he knew about the Yavin crystals,
> which he calls "special stones".

I did have the Yavin crystals, and the other stones, try to find the best
combination to use. I know that the Krayt stone was not one of them. If I
went by the +3 or +4's it turned out that some +2 combinations added more
to the stones then other +3's. If I remember correctly it ended up being
something like the Solari, Kunar, some other less acting stone that worked
best for me. Still lots of fun when you can kill foes with one strike, or
critical.

Gnu_Raiz
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 9:37:12 PM

bombelly@wahs.ac (foamy) writes:

> I was one of those people who couldn't wait for Morrowind. I played
> Daggerfall on and off, and really anticipated it's upgraded sequel. Then
> the day came, and I went huh ? I couldn't see any Daggerfall in Morrowind.
> It might as well have been Ultima 9 or M&M 8 for all I could tell.

When I got Morrowind, I kept dreading that it would be like
Daggerfall. I was happy to find out my fears were unfounded.

--
Darin Johnson
Where am I? In the village... What do you want? Information...