FFXI - List of Home Points

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

Is there a list of home points anywhere for Final Fantasy XI? I don't mind
getting killed off (well, I do, but I get over it quickly), but it's a
little irritating to be thrown hundreds of miles back into Windurst Waters
or wherever and have to walk all the way back through creatures that net no
experience points, to get back to the north side of East Sarutabaruta. I
know where there are two home points in West Sarutabaruta, but I know of
none on the east side. There's a home point at the outpost in West
Sarutabaruta, and I've heard of one up on the north passageway connecting
West Sarutabaruta to East Sarutabaruta. I've never walked that passageway
myself, so I'm not sure where on the passageway that is.

Thanks.
--
Windblade of Windurst on the Odin server
Level 8 Elvaan Warrior

"Windblade ala Damaeus" <no-mail@hotmail.invalid.net> wrote in message
> Is there a list of home points anywhere for Final Fantasy XI? I don't
> mind
> getting killed off (well, I do, but I get over it quickly), but it's a
> little irritating to be thrown hundreds of miles back into Windurst Waters
> or wherever and have to walk all the way back through creatures that net
> no
> experience points, to get back to the north side of East Sarutabaruta. I
> know where there are two home points in West Sarutabaruta, but I know of
> none on the east side. There's a home point at the outpost in West
> Sarutabaruta, and I've heard of one up on the north passageway connecting
> West Sarutabaruta to East Sarutabaruta. I've never walked that passageway
> myself, so I'm not sure where on the passageway that is.

Wow. Level 8 already! Congrats.

Now that you mention it... I did a Google Search and a quick look at some of
my favorite websites - and I didn't find a listing of HomePoints... odd

In general, Home Points are in cities and outposts - so long as the outpost
is in an area not controlled by beastmen. Additiionally, as you mentioned,
there may be guards just outside of a zone (like the one in the passage way
connecting West Sarabaruta to East Sarabaruta), who can set your HP. Keep
gil in your pocket as you travel abroad - if the outpost is not controlled
by YOUR nation, you have to pay to set the homepoint. Common areas where you
will see that type of switch are in the Valkrum Dunes just out of Konschat
Highlands, and in Quifim and the East Altepa Desert - where the hp you used
last week might now be vacated and showing a beastman's flag.
If you set your HomePoint at an outpost controlled by your nation remember
to ask for signet. When you have signet on you, your battles count toward
the conquest tallys. It is that tally which keeps the outpost within your
nation. And, the conquest points you earn can be spent on items from guards
in your home nation.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

In news:comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg, "L"
<lisaanne_quilts@hothatesspammail.com> posted on Fri, 4 Feb 2005 14:05:55
-0500:

> "Windblade ala Damaeus" <no-mail@hotmail.invalid.net> wrote in message
> > Is there a list of home points anywhere for Final Fantasy XI? I don't
> > mind
> > getting killed off (well, I do, but I get over it quickly), but it's a
> > little irritating to be thrown hundreds of miles back into Windurst Waters
> > or wherever and have to walk all the way back through creatures that net
> > no
> > experience points, to get back to the north side of East Sarutabaruta. I
> > know where there are two home points in West Sarutabaruta, but I know of
> > none on the east side. There's a home point at the outpost in West
> > Sarutabaruta, and I've heard of one up on the north passageway connecting
> > West Sarutabaruta to East Sarutabaruta. I've never walked that passageway
> > myself, so I'm not sure where on the passageway that is.
> >
> Wow. Level 8 already! Congrats.

Thanks. I figure I'm going to forget to update my sig one of these days.
I had a hard time getting through Level 6, I think. I set my home point in
an area where the fiends were way too strong for me and I kept getting
killed and falling further and further back on experience. Now I can
finally kick all the asses of those who were terrorizing me before. :) Of
course, after my experience touring ehhh... Tahrihgi(sp) Canyons with my
then Level 12 (now 14) friend, I know there are plenty of other fiends who
could still kick my ass.

> Now that you mention it... I did a Google Search and a quick look at some of
> my favorite websites - and I didn't find a listing of HomePoints... odd

Yeah, I got the same results. You'd think it would be a staple of
knowledge. Perhaps I'll make it a project... make a physical note of every
homepoint I run across.

<<<spoiler warning>>>
Oh, Also the woman at the Leviathan gate gave me a mission to check on the
validity of information concerning activities in the magic tower at the
Horuto (sp) Ruins on the East side of East Sarutabaruta. It was my first
mission. Well, I went and checked on everything, but then when I got back
to receive my praise, I discovered that I never talked to the guy at the
Orastery (sp) before going. So now I have to do it over.

Plus I was expecting fairly powerful fiends down in the underground parts
of the east magic tower since the ones above ground were pretty strong for
a Level 7, though usually not impossible. I got down there and everything
was fairly weak, so it was kind of a pleasant walk.
<<<end spoiler>>

I would have been killed at Level 7 by a goblin, but a higher level guy was
there, probably collecting items from battles, and the goblin did a major
number on me. The guy cast a Cure spell on me and hung around while I
finished off the Goblin. I like it when stuff like that happens. I only
have Warrior skills right now, but I want to go back and learn some white
magic so I can have a little extra HP boost of my own when I need it.

And about combat skills... I've noticed that many of the levels of my
combat skills turn blue until I level up and then they're white again. I'm
assuming that when the numbers turn blue, it's as high as I can go until I
level up again.

> In general, Home Points are in cities and outposts - so long as the outpost
> is in an area not controlled by beastmen. Additiionally, as you mentioned,
> there may be guards just outside of a zone (like the one in the passage way
> connecting West Sarabaruta to East Sarabaruta), who can set your HP. Keep
> gil in your pocket as you travel abroad - if the outpost is not controlled
> by YOUR nation, you have to pay to set the homepoint.

I doubt that this attempt for total conquest will ever end. Are the people
from Windurst enemies of people from places like SanD'oria or Jeuno, or are
we all battling a common enemy?

> to ask for signet. When you have signet on you, your battles count toward
> the conquest tallys. It is that tally which keeps the outpost within your
> nation. And, the conquest points you earn can be spent on items from guards
> in your home nation.

Hehe... I have no conquest points yet. :)
--
Windblade of Windurst on the Odin server
Level 9 Elvaan Warrior

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

Some snippage
> In news:comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg, "L"
> <lisaanne_quilts@hothatesspammail.com> posted on Fri, 4 Feb 2005 14:05:55
> -0500:
>
>> "Windblade ala Damaeus" <no-mail@hotmail.invalid.net> wrote in message
<snip>

> I would have been killed at Level 7 by a goblin, but a higher level guy
> was
> there, probably collecting items from battles, and the goblin did a major
> number on me. The guy cast a Cure spell on me and hung around while I
> finished off the Goblin. I like it when stuff like that happens. I only
> have Warrior skills right now, but I want to go back and learn some white
> magic so I can have a little extra HP boost of my own when I need it.

Warriors have no white magic skills. You may choose to raise a mage sub-job
after you have unlocked the sub-job quest, but you may well decide mage is
not the appropriate sub-job for a warrior. There are foods which will boost
HP - you can look them up at any of the spoiler sites. I've never used them,
being more interested in my MP.

> And about combat skills... I've noticed that many of the levels of my
> combat skills turn blue until I level up and then they're white again.
> I'm
> assuming that when the numbers turn blue, it's as high as I can go until I
> level up again.

You are correct, sir!

>> Keep
>> gil in your pocket as you travel abroad - if the outpost is not
>> controlled
>> by YOUR nation, you have to pay to set the homepoint.
>
> I doubt that this attempt for total conquest will ever end. Are the
> people
> from Windurst enemies of people from places like SanD'oria or Jeuno, or
> are
> we all battling a common enemy?

Mostly we battle a common enemy. There is some friendly competition -
especially to keep the guard points and home points of your favorite hunting
spots. When you reach Rank 3, you may enter Ballista, which is a competition
between nations.

>> to ask for signet. When you have signet on you, your battles count toward
>> the conquest tallys. It is that tally which keeps the outpost within your
>> nation. And, the conquest points you earn can be spent on items from
>> guards
>> in your home nation.
>
> Hehe... I have no conquest points yet. :)
Have you checked?
If you have signet on, and you have been battleing in an area where you can
get crystals, you *should* have conquest points. To see them, click on the
Region Info tab from your menu. Your conquest points will be listed at the
bottom of the screen.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

In news:comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg, "L"
<lisaanne_quilts@hothatesspammail.com> posted on Sat, 5 Feb 2005 16:05:20
-0500:

> Warriors have no white magic skills. You may choose to raise a mage sub-job
> after you have unlocked the sub-job quest, but you may well decide mage is
> not the appropriate sub-job for a warrior. There are foods which will boost
> HP - you can look them up at any of the spoiler sites. I've never used them,
> being more interested in my MP.

Well, perhaps a mage might not be appropriate for a warrior, but when
you're a loner in the game for the most part, and only occasionally party
with others, it helps to be able to take care of yourself. Perhaps the
Paladin would be a nice choice since I think they can use some cure magic.
Only thing is, Paladin isn't available yet and even when it it is, it
doesn't appear that being a, say, Level 20 warrior would do me that much
good...well, except that having warrior as a sub-job would give me half my
developed level's abilities. Still, that's a pretty significant setback
considering the only real difference between a warrior and a paladin is the
fact that one can use a little bit of magic and the other can't.

And I'm happy with potions as long as they don't cost too much to
synthesize. :)

> > Hehe... I have no conquest points yet. :)

> Have you checked?

> If you have signet on, and you have been battleing in an area where you can
> get crystals, you *should* have conquest points. To see them, click on the
> Region Info tab from your menu. Your conquest points will be listed at the
> bottom of the screen.

I'll check when I get back into the game here in a minute. I was going to
start upping some levels as a white mage, but decided to get my warrior
clothes back on for the time being. I'll wait until I can actually equip a
subjob before I start training myself in other abilities. I just know that
even after battling with signet for a significant amount of time, I don't
remember seeing any conquest points available to buy things from the guy
who casts signet at the Leviathan or Shiva gates in Windurst.
--

In news:alt.games.final-fantasy, "L" <lisaanne_quilts@hothatesspammail.com>
posted on Sat, 5 Feb 2005 16:05:20 -0500:

> Have you checked?
> If you have signet on, and you have been battleing in an area where you can
> get crystals, you *should* have conquest points. To see them, click on the
> Region Info tab from your menu. Your conquest points will be listed at the
> bottom of the screen.

Ah, I found out that I do have conquest points! I used some to buy a
scroll of instant reraise and a scroll of warp. Well, then I came to a
rude awakening. I can't use them. Heh, not as a warrior. I almost gave
them away, but another PC told me I can't trade those. So I almost threw
them away, but then remembered I could use them when I switch jobs. So
I'll throw some stuff out of my mog safe and keep these scrolls for when I
want to start using magic.

Speaking of storage, I'm disappointed. I spent like 1200 gil on a
two-drawer chest and for what? To only hold two more items??? They should
see my nightstand. I have about 25 or 30 different items in there. They
shoulda given us a grid or something where we could arrange our items.
Like a 2-drawer chest may have a 2x4 grid, meaning it could hold 8 small
items per drawer, or perhaps a small sword (top four cells) and four small
items, etc...

Oh well.

Damaeus

> In news:alt.games.final-fantasy, "L"
> <lisaanne_quilts@hothatesspammail.com>
> posted on Sat, 5 Feb 2005 16:05:20 -0500:
>
>> Have you checked?
>> If you have signet on, and you have been battleing in an area where you
>> can
>> get crystals, you *should* have conquest points. To see them, click on
>> the
>> Region Info tab from your menu. Your conquest points will be listed at
>> the
>> bottom of the screen.
>
> Ah, I found out that I do have conquest points! I used some to buy a
> scroll of instant reraise and a scroll of warp. Well, then I came to a
> rude awakening. I can't use them. Heh, not as a warrior. I almost gave
> them away, but another PC told me I can't trade those. So I almost threw
> them away, but then remembered I could use them when I switch jobs. So
> I'll throw some stuff out of my mog safe and keep these scrolls for when I
> want to start using magic.

The scrolls you purchased are not used to learn spells, and, as such, are
useable by any class. I've never used re-raise. But instant-warp, now, that
is a thing of beauty. I keep one at all times - tho if I can find a blm to
cast warp II I will gladly pay a 500g reward and save the scroll.

At lower levels you should rarely need warp II. Before level 20 or so, I
never even waited around for a raise when killed - as the xp loss from
waiting was greater than if I'd just hp'd and rejoined my group - of course,
you have to hp near where you fight.
As you get higher in level, the hunting gets further from the hp's. Then, an
instant warp will save you the long walk back home after a party.

> Speaking of storage, I'm disappointed. I spent like 1200 gil on a
> two-drawer chest and for what? To only hold two more items??? They
> should
> see my nightstand. I have about 25 or 30 different items in there. They
> shoulda given us a grid or something where we could arrange our items.
> Like a 2-drawer chest may have a 2x4 grid, meaning it could hold 8 small
> items per drawer, or perhaps a small sword (top four cells) and four small
> items, etc...

Moghouse furniture has other uses than storage.
For storage, there are mogsafe enhancements available as quests from your
moogle. Look at one of the spoiler sites for details.
There is an advantage to doing lots of quests and repeatable quests - Fame.
At upper levels, there is much that made accessible by fame and/or rank.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

In news:comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg, "L"
<lisaanne_quilts@hothatesspammail.com> posted on Tue, 8 Feb 2005 10:12:09
-0500:

> "Damaeus" <no-mail@hotmail.invalid.net> wrote in message
>
> > Ah, I found out that I do have conquest points! I used some to buy a
> > scroll of instant reraise and a scroll of warp. Well, then I came to a
> > rude awakening. I can't use them. Heh, not as a warrior. I almost gave
> > them away, but another PC told me I can't trade those. So I almost threw
> > them away, but then remembered I could use them when I switch jobs. So
> > I'll throw some stuff out of my mog safe and keep these scrolls for when I
> > want to start using magic.
>
> The scrolls you purchased are not used to learn spells, and, as such, are
> useable by any class. I've never used re-raise. But instant-warp, now, that
> is a thing of beauty. I keep one at all times - tho if I can find a blm to
> cast warp II I will gladly pay a 500g reward and save the scroll.

So if I carry an Instant Reraise scroll on me, then when I die, I'll be
raised instantly? See, I figured I had to keep it on me, and then when I
see there's no way in Hell I'm going to survive the fight, I use the scroll
and when I die, I'll come to life again with full HP. Is that how it
works?
--
Final Fantasy XI
Windblade of Windurst on the Odin server