baldurga

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2002
I have a little problem that I'm quite sure I hasn't to be too difficult to solve.

I have an AT case with an AT mobo runnig a K6-2+ 450 @ 550, that seems to me it doesn't overclock better due to the PSU (AT-200w).

So I'm planning to change it for a 250 ATX PSU. Yesterday I make a test, just unplugging the cabbles from the AT PSU and plug the ATX to see if it works. Well, the result was no boot at all. I think that probably ATX cases have some wires (switches/buttons) that an AT case don't have. I don't mind to do some "switches" by myself, but I don't know what I need and where to plug in.

Here you have what I got now:

(1 2) O O - Nothing / +5v system power led
(3 4) O O - +5v message led / NC system power led
(5 6) O O - GND / GND system power led
(7 8) O O - Nothing / Lock Keyboard lock
(9 A) O O - Nothing / GND Keyboard lock
(B C) O O - ATX power switch / Nothing
(D G) O O - GND ATX power switch / +5v Speaker connector
(H I) O O - Nothing / GND
(J K) O O - Reset switch / GND
(L M) O O - GND Reset switch / Speaker connectorGND

Right now I only have the switch on J-L connections and the speaker on G-I-K-M. I don't know, but it seems to me that some on/off switch should be added ...

Please tell me any ideas/suggestions/comments. There are all welcome!

Still looking for a <b>good online retailer</b> in Spain :frown:

svol

Champion
You need to connect an on/off switch with the B-D connecters. If you don't mind loosing your reset switch you can wire that one to it and use it as power on/off.

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dimms when I turn it on :eek:

baldurga

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2002
So if I understand correctly, the kind of "switch" I need is not an on/off like the ones used to turn on the light but like the ones used to ring the bell (so the circuit is closed only while you pust it). Am I right?

For instance, thanks for your suggestion. I will do it tonight, I don't mind to loose my reset switch temporaly, I will replace it latter.

Still looking for a <b>good online retailer</b> in Spain :frown:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
YOu can modify your old switch to work also. All you need is a two pin pigtail. If you remove the lid from your old power switch (pry it apart where it's crimped), you can remove the ratcheting mechanism and turn it from a 2 position into a momentary switch.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>