Connect two PC's using wireless Hardware

Ara_70

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
Hello,
I have two PC's 500 meter apart from each other. I want to connect them using LAN but as the distance is more than 100 meter I can't use cat 5 cable to connect both PC's. I want to connect them over LAN using wireless hardware so which wireless hardware I need to purchase. The OS for both are Windows XP professional. Knowing that I will use only remote desktop feature and Internet not available at the location of the two PC's .
Thanks.

john-b691

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
The simplest is to use a bridge on each end hooked to the antenna. The key problem here is this equipment works best outside mounted as high as you can possible put it. The more distance you go the more signal the ground eats. Once you go outside you then have the problem of electricity and water do not like each other.

This product works well for simple application like yours and it is cheap about $60 per device. You will still need to find a way to get a ethernet cable from inside to outside where these are mounted. The ethernet cable also carries the power so at least you don't have to worry about that.

http://www.ubnt.com/airgrid

Although they say it will go 30km I doubt it but you should have no issue at your distance. There is much better equipment than this available but normally you have to buy the radio part and the antenna part separate. It also cost much much more.

I have a relative I help set these up and so far they work well. Not sure how long they will last but for the price I guess we could replace them and still be cheaper.