Ist KOTOR (cheap) or 2nd (not cheap) advice please

Re: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic...
I have been putting off buying the 1st one ...which I can get from Ebay for
maybe £8..
waiting & expecting the just-out 2nd would be better...reviews seem to say
"more of the same..looks the same.."...do people think its better ????
I am a bit fed up with Jedi Acadamy being a repeat (nearly) performance of
Jedi Knight 2- outcast...got both and will abandon JK2 early cause JKAcad is
bit better...to much of these games becomes a no-fun drag...
now KOTOR has the same JK look and as a MORROWIND & GOTHIC type rpg fan I
suspect I may be disapointed ....a cheap 1st one is the smaller gamble......
Luv mouse

trimble bracegirdle wrote:
> Re: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic...
> I have been putting off buying the 1st one ...which I can get from
Ebay for
> maybe £8..

£8? Then go get it now! I am too a fan of Gothic and honestly, KOTOR
is simply awesome. Both being RPGs, they are too different to be
compared but believe me when I tell you that you won't be disappointed
after spending measly £8 :) And then get KOTOR II when it hits £8 :p

trimble bracegirdle wrote:
> Re: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic...
> I have been putting off buying the 1st one ...which I can get from Ebay for
> maybe £8..
> waiting & expecting the just-out 2nd would be better...reviews seem to say
> "more of the same..looks the same.."...do people think its better ????
> I am a bit fed up with Jedi Acadamy being a repeat (nearly) performance of
> Jedi Knight 2- outcast...got both and will abandon JK2 early cause JKAcad is
> bit better...to much of these games becomes a no-fun drag...
> now KOTOR has the same JK look and as a MORROWIND & GOTHIC type rpg fan I
> suspect I may be disapointed ....a cheap 1st one is the smaller gamble......
> Luv mouse

Heh. :)

"More of the same/looks the same" is a GOOD description of KOTOR 2. The
original KOTOR was excellent, and if KOTOR 2 has the same kind of stuff
as the original, you should be very pleased.

Get the original. Get it now. It'll help when understanding the
backstory of KOTOR 2.

Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

On 2005-02-10, trimble bracegirdle <newmouse@beeb.netREMOVESPAM> wrote:
> Re: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic...
> I have been putting off buying the 1st one ...which I can get from Ebay for
> maybe £8..
> waiting & expecting the just-out 2nd would be better...reviews seem to say
> "more of the same..looks the same.."...do people think its better ????

Word of advice on ANY current PC game. Wait for bargain bin. If
you don't want to spend the money then thats your best bet. Is it
going to kill you to wait? Me, yes. That's why I spend the big
bucks on games like its crack

> I am a bit fed up with Jedi Acadamy being a repeat (nearly) performance of
> Jedi Knight 2- outcast...got both and will abandon JK2 early cause JKAcad is
> bit better...to much of these games becomes a no-fun drag...
> now KOTOR has the same JK look and as a MORROWIND & GOTHIC type rpg fan I
> suspect I may be disapointed ....a cheap 1st one is the smaller gamble......
> Luv mouse

Seriously? KOTOR is nothing like Morrowind. I wouldn't touch
KOTOR or KOTOR2 if it was anything like Morrowind. Morrowind is
an uninspired 80s game redone in a 3d engine that barely renders
without frying your computer.