Wireless Ineternet via Bluetooth Connection

Wemperer

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012
Hello,

I'm trying to install a particular program on my desktop that requires syncing specifically through a wireless medium. Obviously i don't have a wireless card and am looking for a work around.

What I was thinking was connecting my Android to my PC via Bluetooth, then using the phone to connect to my LAN's WiFi. Problem being, I have a Asus Bluetooth 2.11 dongle and it works to connect to the phone but I cannot select the Allow Access to Modem button because its grayed out.

Does anyone know of any way to fix this or another way to use my phone as a wireless modem for my PC?

Windows 7
Motorola Triumph

calmstateofmind

Distinguished
I think the problem here is that you're service provider (Virgin Mobile) has restricted the ability for you to tether your phone to another device for Internet; this is pretty common. Companies like Verizon and AT&T have come out with plans that eliminate that restriction, but that doesn't help in your case. You can also pay a premium and acquire this feature.

More times than not though, if you're wanting to use your phone to relay an Internet connection to your laptop/desktop (and not pay extra), you've got to have your Android phone rooted and then use an app that's on the Google Play Store that turns your phone into a modem, which you can then hook up via USB and relay Internet.

And are you meaning to say that you have WiFi at your house? Why can't you just get a wireless USB adapter for your desktop? Or hook straight into the router...?