Wireless internet does not work

techfail50

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2012
Recently my wireless internet stopped working. I asked a friend and they recommend I buy a new one. When I had it all set up I still could not connect to the internet wirelessly. The only thing that seems to work is to use cables to connect all my devices that need internet into the router. Whats really annoying is since some of them do not have Ethernet ports it leaves me in a bit of a bind if I need internet for that device. What bothers me is that the router shows up in my list of available options when trying to connect to the internet but nothing can connect to it wirelessly. Also i have tried to reset it and I have also updated its firmware but neither of those helped.

Solution

Without more information it's hard to say what the...

rmccoy

Honorable
Dec 14, 2012

Without more information it's hard to say what the problem would be. You are able to connect wired so your router is online. You should be able to log in to your routers configuration page and set your security to WPA2 AES on Channel 11. set your network name and password(case sensative). If your wireless devices are able to see the wireless it should prompt for the password.

What type of modem and router are you using?
What devices are you trying to connect wireless?
What operating system are those devices on?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS