Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

On 2005-02-11, Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:
> Haven't heard anything about this for over 6 mths here. The website
> (http://www.playtr.com/) looks active, but is the mmorpg even running yet?
> Or has it died on the arse b4 even getting off the ground? Has Richard
> Garriot gone to hell & died yet?

It's still under development. Care to do what Richard Garriot did
in his career before attacking the poor man? He did bring us the
Ultimas and that says a lot.

shadows wrote:

> On 2005-02-11, Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:
>
>>Haven't heard anything about this for over 6 mths here. The website
>>(http://www.playtr.com/) looks active, but is the mmorpg even running yet?
>>Or has it died on the arse b4 even getting off the ground? Has Richard
>>Garriot gone to hell & died yet?
>>

> It's still under development. Care to do what Richard Garriot did
> in his career before attacking the poor man? He did bring us the
> Ultimas and that says a lot.

'Course Garriot also lost his damn mind ;-)

nostromo

Thus spake shadows <shadows@whitefang.com>, Sat, 12 Feb 2005 00:20:30 GMT,
Anno Domini:

>On 2005-02-11, Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote:
>> Haven't heard anything about this for over 6 mths here. The website
>> (http://www.playtr.com/) looks active, but is the mmorpg even running yet?
>> Or has it died on the arse b4 even getting off the ground? Has Richard
>> Garriot gone to hell & died yet?
>>

>It's still under development. Care to do what Richard Garriot did
>in his career before attacking the poor man? He did bring us the
>Ultimas and that says a lot.

Sure does lol! (as I've already said elsewhere, Ultimas were definitely NOT
my cuppa). And history generally remembers where people end up, not how they
get there...;-p

But tx for the info.

--
No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again.
Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit?

rogerm

Nostromo wrote:

> Sure does lol! (as I've already said elsewhere, Ultimas were definitely NOT
> my cuppa). And history generally remembers where people end up, not how they
> get there...;-p

Not much point to history, then, since we all end up in the same place -
oblivion.

--

Personal ambition is for people who can't see 100 years into the future.

"Some of us prefer illusion to despair." - Nelson Muntz

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 04:37:42 GMT, RogerM
<rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:

>Not much point to history, then, since we all end up in the same place -
>oblivion.

Yeah, that game is going to be great.

:p

rogerm

drocket wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 04:37:42 GMT, RogerM
> <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
> >Not much point to history, then, since we all end up in the same place -
> >oblivion.
>
> Yeah, that game is going to be great.
>
> :p

The game to end all games. Unfortunately, we can't choose not to play.

--

Personal ambition is for people who can't see 100 years into the future.

"Some of us prefer illusion to despair." - Nelson Muntz

nostromo

Thus spake RogerM <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca>, Sat, 12 Feb 2005 04:37:42
GMT, Anno Domini:

>Nostromo wrote:
>>
>> Sure does lol! (as I've already said elsewhere, Ultimas were definitely NOT
>> my cuppa). And history generally remembers where people end up, not how they
>> get there...;-p
>>

>Not much point to history, then, since we all end up in the same place -
>oblivion.

Piss poor attempt at a troll, but to respond anyway, if you really didn't
see that I clearly meant 'how someone goes out' (i.e. their last project or
final contribution) then you've either got your head in the sandpit or you
just don't know people very well.
Btw, oblivion is now or never - your choice entirely ;-p

--

Nostromo wrote:

> Thus spake RogerM <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca>, Sat, 12 Feb 2005 04:37:42
> GMT, Anno Domini:
>
> >Nostromo wrote:
> >>
> >> Sure does lol! (as I've already said elsewhere, Ultimas were definitely NOT
> >> my cuppa). And history generally remembers where people end up, not how they
> >> get there...;-p
> >>

> >Not much point to history, then, since we all end up in the same place -
> >oblivion.
>
> Piss poor attempt at a troll,

Because it wasn't such.

> but to respond anyway, if you really didn't
> see that I clearly meant 'how someone goes out' (i.e. their last project or
> final contribution) then you've either got your head in the sandpit or you
> just don't know people very well.

I don't think it was clear at all, but okay.

> Btw, oblivion is now or never - your choice entirely ;-p

Now or later. Not never.

--

In article <420D8853.D8FB087D@ns.sympatico.ca>,
rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca says...
> Not much point to history, then, since we all end up in the same place -
> oblivion.

You mean we're all going to fall through the floor somewhere? In
Daggerfall, no less?
--
-==[UDIC]==-
http://www.fictionpress.com/~wtcher

nostromo

Thus spake RogerM <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca>, Sat, 12 Feb 2005 14:03:27
GMT, Anno Domini:

>drocket wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 04:37:42 GMT, RogerM
>> <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:
>>
>> >Not much point to history, then, since we all end up in the same place -
>> >oblivion.
>>
>> Yeah, that game is going to be great.
>>
>> :p
>
>The game to end all games. Unfortunately, we can't choose not to play.

Makes you wonder why so many of you go on then, ey? Why not just end it now
& do UseNet a favour? GOD, I hope Eep & Thrasher are 'atheists' too >;-p

rogerm

Nostromo wrote:

> Thus spake RogerM <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca>, Sat, 12 Feb 2005 14:03:27
> GMT, Anno Domini:
>
> >drocket wrote:

> >> Yeah, that game is going to be great.
> >>
> >> :p
> >
> >The game to end all games. Unfortunately, we can't choose not to play.
>
> Makes you wonder why so many of you go on then, ey? Why not just end it now
> & do UseNet a favour? GOD, I hope Eep & Thrasher are 'atheists' too >;-p

Given my considerable health problems, if I could find a reliable,
painless, economical method, I would do so.

BTW, Thrasher strikes me as the religious zealot type.

--

Thusly Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> Spake Unto All:

>>> Yeah, that game is going to be great.
>>>
>>> :p
>>
>>The game to end all games. Unfortunately, we can't choose not to play.
>
>Makes you wonder why so many of you go on then, ey? Why not just end it now
>& do UseNet a favour? GOD, I hope Eep & Thrasher are 'atheists' too >;-p

Does that mean I'm going to Sigil???

Hah! I KNEW it!

--
The US employs divide-and-conquer against EU
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2005-02/10/content_2567438.htm

The US is no longer our ally: Federalize NOW!

nostromo

Thus spake RogerM <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca>, Sat, 12 Feb 2005 23:02:27
GMT, Anno Domini:

>Nostromo wrote:
>>
>> Thus spake RogerM <rodger.mckay@ns.sympatico.ca>, Sat, 12 Feb 2005 14:03:27
>> GMT, Anno Domini:

>> >The game to end all games. Unfortunately, we can't choose not to play.
>>
>> Makes you wonder why so many of you go on then, ey? Why not just end it now
>> & do UseNet a favour? GOD, I hope Eep & Thrasher are 'atheists' too >;-p
>
>Given my considerable health problems, if I could find a reliable,
>painless, economical method, I would do so.

I'm sorry to hear that. Not that I'm pro-euthanasia or anything, but you
can't *find* a "reliable, painless, economical method"??? No tall buildings
nearby? No freeways? :-/

Is it chronic excruciating pain or a no-2nd-chance prognosis?

>BTW, Thrasher strikes me as the religious zealot type.

Hmmm...you maybe right. God I hope he's not a Lutheran! >;-)

--

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 14:02:17 GMT, RogerM wrote:

>> Btw, oblivion is now or never - your choice entirely ;-p
>>

> Now or later. Not never.

Never doesn't exist.
--
RJB
2/15/2005 8:29:49 AM

Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here,
looking through your stuff.
--Jack Handy Deep Thoughts

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 14:00:44 +1100, Nostromo wrote:

<snip>
> I'm sorry to hear that. Not that I'm pro-euthanasia or anything, but you
> can't *find* a "reliable, painless, economical method"??? No tall buildings
> nearby? No freeways? :-/
I'd think that tall buildings and freeways would *not* be painless. I'd
prefer CO if I was making the choice.

>>BTW, Thrasher strikes me as the religious zealot type.
>
> Hmmm...you maybe right. God I hope he's not a Lutheran! >;-)
The only Lutheran zealot was Martin himself... I think the definition of
zealot is Baptist. <g>

--
RJB
2/15/2005 8:31:12 AM

While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control
what happens inside us.
--Benjamin Franklin

nostromo

Thus spake RJB <robartle@NOSPAM.hotmail.com>, Tue, 15 Feb 2005 08:33:28
-0500, Anno Domini:

>On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 14:00:44 +1100, Nostromo wrote:
>
><snip>
>> I'm sorry to hear that. Not that I'm pro-euthanasia or anything, but you
>> can't *find* a "reliable, painless, economical method"??? No tall buildings
>> nearby? No freeways? :-/
>I'd think that tall buildings and freeways would *not* be painless. I'd
>prefer CO if I was making the choice.

Quick & sudden, with a nice preceding adrenaline rush for me. I fully expect
my last words to be 'oops!'.

>>>BTW, Thrasher strikes me as the religious zealot type.
>>
>> Hmmm...you maybe right. God I hope he's not a Lutheran! >;-)
>The only Lutheran zealot was Martin himself... I think the definition of
>zealot is Baptist. <g>

ROFL!

nostromo

Thus spake RJB <robartle@NOSPAM.hotmail.com>, Tue, 15 Feb 2005 08:30:03
-0500, Anno Domini:

>On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 14:02:17 GMT, RogerM wrote:
>
>>> Btw, oblivion is now or never - your choice entirely ;-p
>>>

>> Now or later. Not never.
>
>Never doesn't exist.

It does in the absence of space-time. Or before/after the big bang. It's all
a matter of perspective & definition I guess ;-)

--

"Nostromo" <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote in message
Has Richard
> Garriot gone to hell & died yet?