Switching to vfast and need router advice

MattyP1990

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Hi there,

Where I live we get very low network speeds and have recently came across a company called Vfast. Before this we rang our current provider (AOL) and questioned our low speeds as even loading a web page at peak hours seemed almost impossible. They said there was too many devices running of our router, so I went out and spent £100 on a new router (Asus DSL-N55U). Even though our internet speeds were not improved at all, I must say I'm very pleased with it so far.

As Vfast require a cable modem I'm wondering what the best option would be for me? They offer a router with their service for an extra cost, but ideally I'd like to carry on using the Asus router. We do run a lot of devices of this and I also appreciate the gigabit network speeds, which I don't think is a feature on the router supplied with Vfast.

So I ask should I order Vfast's router and just use it as a modem for the Asus router (if possible), buy a separate cable modem (if so please recommend me), or take any other suggestions?

I've grown very fond of the Asus router and it would be a shame to not be able to use it. So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Matt.