Can't select correct screen resolution

shakaone

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
I am using an ASUS monitor model ML228, ATI Radeon HD 3300 Graphics, and Windows 7 32-bit. I have used this monitor before at the correct resolution of 1920x1080, but now it is not available to select from the screen resolution manager.

I read through a couple of other threads that said to uninstall and reinstall the driver from device manager for both my graphics card and the monitor and it says both are up to date and nothing changed.

Here is a screen shot of the screen resolution manager:

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s180/shakaone/Untitled-1.png

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you in advance.

shakaone

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
Generic Non-PnP is the only choice under display
In the AMD Engine control center vga display properties I set maximum resolution to 1920x1080, but under desktop properties tab it doesn't show up.

I dont have CCC only AMD Engine Control Center.

You could install CCC and set it up. I don't know why yet, but the generic Windows display properties can often give me different resolution choices on different systems, even if I use the same monitor, but CCC always works on my AMD/Ati graphics for setting the proper resolution.

fantastik250

Distinguished
1. Have you updated to the latest drivers for your HD3300?
2. Update BIOS and update chipset drivers if any for your motherboard

If not able to work have you tried to detect the display? In the current Catalyst Control Center there is an option called Desktop Management, then click on Advanced Display Settings, and there is button to click called Detect Displays.

shakaone

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
I used a different monitor for about a month when I moved, and just started using this monitor again. Could that have something to do with it? Yes I do have the most updated version of the control center as well.

EDIT: Just finished with system restore to the earliest date I could and still not able to select 1920x1080

YOu do not have the monitor .inf file installed - thus the system does not know the actual abilities of the display -- The inf file is an information file that lists the various abilities of your monitor and you are currently using a generic windows file instead of one designed specifically for your monitor. What monitor (make and model) are you using ?

fantastik250

Distinguished

He stated it was a ASUS ML228

I was also thinking he may have to update his chipset or inf files.

shakaone

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
Yes ASUS ML228h, I'm using VGA right now, but theres also a port for hdmi.

Theres no files available for download from the ASUS website, where would I get the .inf file?

Try this -- go to the display properties (screen you posted earlier) - click on Advanced PRoperties - go to Adapter tab and press List All Modes - see if 1920x1080 is listed there and if it is select 1920x1080,True Color (32 bit), 60 Hertz.

OK - now go to the same screen again and go to the Monitor tab and uncheck the Hide Modes that this monitor cannot display box - click Apply and then go back and check if it now lists the other resolutions under List all modes in the adapter tab again.

Coppertin

Reputable
Oct 18, 2014

THANK YOU! took me forever, haha. Installed the drivers for my monitor, update the radeon driver, messed with settings on the actual monitor. When all i had to do was go into CCC and bam...perfect. :D Cheers bud!