KOTOR2 slogging through the CTD's

This game seems like it was really rushed out the door. I'm getting
crashes to desktop fairly consistently when loading new areas. Have had
to resort to saving about every 3 minutes. Really annoying stuff.

I've also encountered some wacked out graphical glitch where
spontaneously the entire world disappears, leaving objects seemingly
hovering in space. It can still be played when like this, it's just
wicked confusing to move around, and an eyesore.

Despite all this, I'm trying real hard to give the game a chance. It
seems to have some decent story elements. Combat seems to be on the
easy side, I wish there was a difficulty control.

All in all, I'd suggest waiting for a patch before rushing out to buy
it.

<cyrakis@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> This game seems like it was really rushed out the door. I'm getting
> crashes to desktop fairly consistently when loading new areas. Have had
> to resort to saving about every 3 minutes. Really annoying stuff.
>
> I've also encountered some wacked out graphical glitch where
> spontaneously the entire world disappears, leaving objects seemingly
> hovering in space. It can still be played when like this, it's just
> wicked confusing to move around, and an eyesore.
>
> Despite all this, I'm trying real hard to give the game a chance. It
> seems to have some decent story elements. Combat seems to be on the
> easy side, I wish there was a difficulty control.

There is. Select the menu and select "options", and there's a difficulty
switch in there.

I know this because I set it to "Easy" [grin].

Cant say i've heard much of this sort of prob.....Sounds like a video driver
issue...
What card r u useing ???? have u got latest drivers for it???
@@@@@@

Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

On 2005-02-12, cyrakis@yahoo.com <cyrakis@yahoo.com> wrote:
> This game seems like it was really rushed out the door. I'm getting
> crashes to desktop fairly consistently when loading new areas. Have had
> to resort to saving about every 3 minutes. Really annoying stuff.

I have had one CTD and I even left it on for a while in one
"zone" and haven't had the bug described in the README.

> I've also encountered some wacked out graphical glitch where
> spontaneously the entire world disappears, leaving objects seemingly
> hovering in space. It can still be played when like this, it's just
> wicked confusing to move around, and an eyesore.
>
> Despite all this, I'm trying real hard to give the game a chance. It
> seems to have some decent story elements. Combat seems to be on the
> easy side, I wish there was a difficulty control.
>
> All in all, I'd suggest waiting for a patch before rushing out to buy
> it.

My system specs: Pentium 4 3 gighrt, Nvidia Geforce FX 5900, 1
gig of ram, spyware free box. KOTOR2 works better for me than it
does most other people according to the reports I'm reading. I've
only had glitches in cut scenes where characters don't always end
up in the right place.

<cyrakis@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> This game seems like it was really rushed out the door. I'm getting
> crashes to desktop fairly consistently when loading new areas. Have had
> to resort to saving about every 3 minutes. Really annoying stuff.
>
> I've also encountered some wacked out graphical glitch where
> spontaneously the entire world disappears, leaving objects seemingly
> hovering in space. It can still be played when like this, it's just
> wicked confusing to move around, and an eyesore.
>
> Despite all this, I'm trying real hard to give the game a chance. It
> seems to have some decent story elements. Combat seems to be on the
> easy side, I wish there was a difficulty control.
>
> All in all, I'd suggest waiting for a patch before rushing out to buy
> it.

What video card and drivers?

"trimble bracegirdle" <newmouse@beeb.netREMOVESPAM> wrote in message
> Cant say i've heard much of this sort of prob.....Sounds like a video
> driver
> issue...
> What card r u useing ???? have u got latest drivers for it???
> @@@@@@

Try going to the Oblivion forum, this problem is quite common.

cyrakis@yahoo.com wrote:
> This game seems like it was really rushed out the door. I'm getting
> crashes to desktop fairly consistently when loading new areas. Have had
> to resort to saving about every 3 minutes. Really annoying stuff.
>
> I've also encountered some wacked out graphical glitch where
> spontaneously the entire world disappears, leaving objects seemingly
> hovering in space. It can still be played when like this, it's just
> wicked confusing to move around, and an eyesore.
>
> Despite all this, I'm trying real hard to give the game a chance. It
> seems to have some decent story elements. Combat seems to be on the
> easy side, I wish there was a difficulty control.
>
> All in all, I'd suggest waiting for a patch before rushing out to buy
> it.

Interesting. I've played this game for several hours since I received
it in the mail and I've yet to experience a single problem, CTD or
otherwise. Good luck with that.

ThE_AnArKiRsT <AnArKiRsT@compuserve.com> writes:
>cyrakis@yahoo.com wrote:
>> This game seems like it was really rushed out the door. I'm getting
>> crashes to desktop fairly consistently when loading new areas. Have had
>> to resort to saving about every 3 minutes. Really annoying stuff.
>>
>> I've also encountered some wacked out graphical glitch where
>> spontaneously the entire world disappears, leaving objects seemingly
>> hovering in space. It can still be played when like this, it's just
>> wicked confusing to move around, and an eyesore.
>>
>> Despite all this, I'm trying real hard to give the game a chance. It
>> seems to have some decent story elements. Combat seems to be on the
>> easy side, I wish there was a difficulty control.
>>
>> All in all, I'd suggest waiting for a patch before rushing out to buy
>> it.

>Interesting. I've played this game for several hours since I received
>it in the mail and I've yet to experience a single problem, CTD or
>otherwise. Good luck with that.

I had one crash, but I can't really link it to anything. So far, I've
found the ame to be overall pretty good, but there's some things that
bug me about it -- still, I think the story seems more compelling than
that in the first game, and I like the influence system.

--
Chas Blackwell <Black Isis> CITES Systems Management Group
<cblkwell@uiuc.edu>

I love the game so far, but I've also experienced frequent crashes. I n
fact, it crashed just after the Ebon Hawk reached Telos. I've an ATI
card, a 9600XT, AMD3200, 1GB RAM. The drivers are new: 5.2Catalyst.
Many odd other artifacts, such as the Ebon Hawk losing its walls, as if
walking through a wireframe.
I find saving frequenty to try diffrerent dialogue approaches yields
corruption in the quests. For example, the quest to inquire about the
Mandalorian Wars has not yet disappeared, although I queried Kreia
several times.
I am guessing there is a certain order in which quests and
conversations must be held in order to avoid the courruption.
Also am wondering if saving too often, or saving multiple time during a
conversation causes the corruption.

These bugs are ruining otherwise really fun game. I jusrt don't get
this kind of stuff from other games, like Riddick, HL2, D3,V:the
Masquerade, Scrapland, etc.

The crashes to desktop when loading a new area are a problem certain ATI
drivers have with the KOTOR engine (you'll have the same problem with KOTOR
1, although the drivers that were available when that game was first
released were fine). The latest ATI drivers work fine and will fix that
problem.

Desslock