Reseting Mouse to Default

MatthewC

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2002
I used XTeq Setup or something and I screwed around with my mouses sensitifiy and refresh rate, now I cant play games proper or anything. Is there anyway I can reset my mouse to the default settings when windows was installed?

Also, i have two mice plugged in, one a Logitech Wheelmouse Optical, and one a Logitech Optical Wireless.

The Logitech Optical wireless automatically screws itself into a higher sensitivity once plugged in for the first time, and i need like exact sensitivity as a regular mouse, as my games like Counter-Strike require accuracy.

Any way I can tell the computer my Logitech is just a regular mouse and not use its drivers?

Running Windows XP.

Thanks

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
Go into "Mouse" in the "Control Panel" and then click on remove drivers or uninstall, then when you restart, make sure to trick your computer into thinking its a regular mouse by installing the appropriate drivers.

Have you ever stuck your finger in a Vantec Tornado? That's 5700rpm right there - ouch. Today's public service announcement: don't play with plugged-in fans - especially Tornados..heh.