v551: where is the voicemail phone number stored?

Where do I find the voicemail entry so that I can add a pause and my code?

Thanks
Ken K
7 answers Last reply
More about v551 voicemail phone number stored

    the best thing to do is set up the voicemail like it was a regular contact #
    and put in your code with the pauses etc.

    I did as you suggested and that works fine. Good suggestion.

    KK

    Susan wrote:

    >the best thing to do is set up the voicemail like it was a regular contact #
    >and put in your code with the pauses etc.

    No, you should program it into the voicemail key, so when you hit "1" it
    dials voice mail.

    "Steven de Mena" <demenas@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > No, you should program it into the voicemail key, so when you hit "1" it
    > dials voice mail.
    >

    > "Susan" <banjolady.susan@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> the best thing to do is set up the voicemail like it was a regular
    >> contact #
    >> and put in your code with the pauses etc.

    How do you program it, if it's already set up?

    Thanks,
    bamp

    Go into the Message Center screen where you would normally send a text
    message, hit the center menu button, scoll to voicemail setup. On some
    phones that will not show up and it has to be enabled through seem editing.

    "Destrux" <destrux.placeholder@hotmail.freelydelete.com> wrote in message
    > Go into the Message Center screen where you would normally send a text
    > message, hit the center menu button, scoll to voicemail setup. On some
    > phones that will not show up and it has to be enabled through seem
    > editing.

    Thanks, worked on my V400.

    Thanks again,
    bamp

    > "bamp" <bampatcenturyteldotnet> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Steven de Mena" <demenas@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >>> No, you should program it into the voicemail key, so when you hit "1" it
    >>> dials voice mail.
    >>>

    >>> "Susan" <banjolady.susan@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >> How do you program it, if it's already set up?
    >>

    >> Thanks,
    >> bamp

    "bamp" <bampatcenturyteldotnet> wrote in message

    > "Steven de Mena" <demenas@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> No, you should program it into the voicemail key, so when you hit "1" it
    >> dials voice mail.
    >>

    >> "Susan" <banjolady.susan@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >>> the best thing to do is set up the voicemail like it was a regular
    >>> contact #
    >>> and put in your code with the pauses etc.
    >>>

    > How do you program it, if it's already set up?

    Messages...hit Menu Key..."Voicemail Setup"

Motorola Phones