Kotor2(pc) Force sight

Has anyone managed to get this power to do anything? Some in game mention
of it said something about it working in first person mode. But I can't
find any way to activate first person mode (no, it isn't solo mode). Is
this something they just left out of the PC version? If so, damned sloppy.
Leaving the power and story lines connected to it intact but making it
useless.
7 answers Last reply
More about kotor2 force sight

    "Adam Littman" <al51@cornellnospam.edu> wrote in message
    > Has anyone managed to get this power to do anything? Some in game mention
    > of it said something about it working in first person mode. But I can't
    > find any way to activate first person mode (no, it isn't solo mode). Is
    > this something they just left out of the PC version? If so, damned sloppy.
    > Leaving the power and story lines connected to it intact but making it
    > useless.

    By default its CAPS LOCK to activate the first person view. It tells you in
    the options, you know.

    --
    Les

    On 2005-02-13, Les Steel <a@aolnot.com> wrote:

    > "Adam Littman" <al51@cornellnospam.edu> wrote in message
    >> Has anyone managed to get this power to do anything? Some in game mention
    >> of it said something about it working in first person mode. But I can't
    >> find any way to activate first person mode (no, it isn't solo mode). Is
    >> this something they just left out of the PC version? If so, damned sloppy.
    >> Leaving the power and story lines connected to it intact but making it
    >> useless.
    >
    > By default its CAPS LOCK to activate the first person view. It tells you in
    > the options, you know.

    Awesome this works nicely, although I don't see how useful it is.

    shadows wrote:
    > On 2005-02-13, Les Steel <a@aolnot.com> wrote:
    >
    >>"Adam Littman" <al51@cornellnospam.edu> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Has anyone managed to get this power to do anything? Some in game mention
    >>>of it said something about it working in first person mode. But I can't
    >>>find any way to activate first person mode (no, it isn't solo mode). Is
    >>>this something they just left out of the PC version? If so, damned sloppy.
    >>>Leaving the power and story lines connected to it intact but making it
    >>>useless.
    >>
    >>By default its CAPS LOCK to activate the first person view. It tells you in
    >>the options, you know.
    >

    > Awesome this works nicely, although I don't see how useful it is.

    Incredibly useful. Your veiled-party characters have this ability. You
    can see the light/dark alignment and strength of alignment by the color
    people glow when in first-person view. It also acts like a kind of
    nightvision, being able to see things at a distance a lot more clearly
    and in any lighting condition.

    "GFree" <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
    > shadows wrote:
    >> On 2005-02-13, Les Steel <a@aolnot.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Adam Littman" <al51@cornellnospam.edu> wrote in message

    >>>By default its CAPS LOCK to activate the first person view. It tells you
    >>>in the options, you know.
    >>

    >> Awesome this works nicely, although I don't see how useful it is.
    >>

    > Incredibly useful. Your veiled-party characters have this ability. You can
    > see the light/dark alignment and strength of alignment by the color people
    > glow when in first-person view. It also acts like a kind of nightvision,
    > being able to see things at a distance a lot more clearly and in any
    > lighting condition.

    They should make an AD&D version of this and have that effect for Detect
    Alignment.

    Jonah Falcon

    "Les Steel" <a@aolnot.com> wrote in news:378mrdF5a2mouU1@individual.net:

    > "Adam Littman" <al51@cornellnospam.edu> wrote in message
    >> Has anyone managed to get this power to do anything? Some in game
    >> mention of it said something about it working in first person mode.
    >> But I can't find any way to activate first person mode (no, it isn't
    >> solo mode). Is this something they just left out of the PC version?
    >> If so, damned sloppy. Leaving the power and story lines connected to
    >> it intact but making it useless.
    >
    > By default its CAPS LOCK to activate the first person view. It tells
    > you in the options, you know.
    >
    > --
    > Les

    Actually, what it says in the options is "Free Look". Which I didn't take
    to be first person mode because everything looks exactly the same in
    that. Even when using a character with force sight. Regardless of whether
    the character is Visas or the main character with force sight cast.

    I take it that when you use it things look different?

    On 2005-02-15, Adam Littman <al51@cornellnospam.edu> wrote:
    > "Les Steel" <a@aolnot.com> wrote in news:378mrdF5a2mouU1@individual.net:
    >

    >> "Adam Littman" <al51@cornellnospam.edu> wrote in message
    >>> Has anyone managed to get this power to do anything? Some in game
    >>> mention of it said something about it working in first person mode.
    >>> But I can't find any way to activate first person mode (no, it isn't
    >>> solo mode). Is this something they just left out of the PC version?
    >>> If so, damned sloppy. Leaving the power and story lines connected to
    >>> it intact but making it useless.
    >>
    >> By default its CAPS LOCK to activate the first person view. It tells
    >> you in the options, you know.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Les
    >
    > Actually, what it says in the options is "Free Look". Which I didn't take
    > to be first person mode because everything looks exactly the same in
    > that. Even when using a character with force sight. Regardless of whether
    > the character is Visas or the main character with force sight cast.
    >
    > I take it that when you use it things look different?

    You see reddish or blueish glows on living things according to
    whether they are dark or light.

    I haven't figured out how to cast force site. I just use Visas
    who has it on all the time.

    shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in

    > On 2005-02-15, Adam Littman <al51@cornellnospam.edu> wrote:
    >> "Les Steel" <a@aolnot.com> wrote in
    >>

    >>> "Adam Littman" <al51@cornellnospam.edu> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> By default its CAPS LOCK to activate the first person view. It tells
    >>> you in the options, you know.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Les
    >>
    >> Actually, what it says in the options is "Free Look". Which I didn't
    >> take to be first person mode because everything looks exactly the
    >> same in that. Even when using a character with force sight.
    >> Regardless of whether the character is Visas or the main character
    >> with force sight cast.
    >>
    >> I take it that when you use it things look different?
    >
    > You see reddish or blueish glows on living things according to
    > whether they are dark or light.
    >
    > I haven't figured out how to cast force site. I just use Visas
    > who has it on all the time.

    I think for the main character it only lasts 20 seconds. However in my
    case (and a few other people's judging from other boards I have read) it
    doesn't work at all for any character, including Visas.

PC gaming Power Video Games