Truesync plus and Palm

Last response: in Brands
July 5, 2005 11:04:17 PM

Hello,

I had Truesync plus working with my old T730 and my Palm desktop. My
T730 was stolen and I replaced it with a V265 and I had to blow away my
computer and reinstall XP Pro SP2.

I've reinstalled Truesync Plus 3.1, but there's no Palm client in the
list of stuff to sync my phone with. When I try to run product Updates
I see "The Installer could not retrieve update information from the
TrueSync Product Update server."

I don't recall having this much trouble before. My only option appears
to be synching with Outlook. Any idea why the Palm sych stuff isn't
showing up? Any idea why the update isn't working? I tried
temporarily turning off my Zone Alarm Pro, but the download still
didn't work and there's no option to do anything other than install
updates from the internet.

It appears that there's a bunch of Palm synch stuff compressed into cab
files in the TrueSync\us\accessor directory. I actually tried
uncompressing the contents of the palmdesk.cab file that was in the
TrueSync\us\accessor directory into my windows\system32 and running
regsvr32 on them, but it didn't help.

-Eric

More about : truesync palm

July 6, 2005 12:32:09 AM

Eric, one quick answer on a part of your note:

Truesync 3.1 is the LAST update... Motorola sold this product and they
no longer support it.. been at least a year now or more.

SFB

eric.goforth@gmail.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I had Truesync plus working with my old T730 and my Palm desktop. My
> T730 was stolen and I replaced it with a V265 and I had to blow away my
> computer and reinstall XP Pro SP2.
>
> I've reinstalled Truesync Plus 3.1, but there's no Palm client in the
> list of stuff to sync my phone with. When I try to run product Updates
> I see "The Installer could not retrieve update information from the
> TrueSync Product Update server."
>
> I don't recall having this much trouble before. My only option appears
> to be synching with Outlook. Any idea why the Palm sych stuff isn't
> showing up? Any idea why the update isn't working? I tried
> temporarily turning off my Zone Alarm Pro, but the download still
> didn't work and there's no option to do anything other than install
> updates from the internet.
>

> It appears that there's a bunch of Palm synch stuff compressed into cab
> files in the TrueSync\us\accessor directory. I actually tried
> uncompressing the contents of the palmdesk.cab file that was in the
> TrueSync\us\accessor directory into my windows\system32 and running
> regsvr32 on them, but it didn't help.
>
> -Eric

Anonymous
July 6, 2005 8:55:50 AM

Any idea on what files I need to get to sync with my palm? I was
hoping that extracting the stuff in my
TrueSync\us\accessor\PalmDesk.cab file would do it, but apparently not.
!