Channel strip only works in "solo"???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Distinguished
May 24, 2001

Hi all,

I've got a D&R Stylyx which has in-line, stereo and mono strips.
I recently changed the SSM2016 chip on one the inline module which now
works great, but after having done so, the adjacent mono strip is now
screwed....I only get a signal when in solo??
Anyone have any tips on where to start looking for a solution?
Thanks
Luke

"Luke" <lukesterstudio@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I've got a D&R Stylyx which has in-line, stereo and mono strips.
> I recently changed the SSM2016 chip on one the inline module which now
> works great, but after having done so, the adjacent mono strip is now
> screwed....I only get a signal when in solo??
> Anyone have any tips on where to start looking for a solution?

Ribbon cables. Especially if they plug in rather than solder in.

Peace,
Paul

Luke

Distinguished
May 24, 2001

Thanks for the response guys!

Paul, I checked the ribbon cable and it seems to be plugged-in ok.

Joe, what do you mean by
"First make sure you didn't unseat a connector on the dead channel
strip when you replaced the ajacent one."
- Actually, I redid the arrangement of the strips. So that all of the
strips except the first 8 were changed positions. But all worked fine
after I did this. It's only after I changed the SSM2016 that the other
channel went.

And you're right about D&R support; there amazing!

BTW Joe, I first read about your studio on John Sayers site about 1 1/2
year ago when I first started the construction of my new studio; which
is also based on John's design. Very impressive!

Luke

First make sure you didn't unseat a connector on the dead channel strip when
you replaced the ajacent one. Then send an email to tech support at D&R-
they're fabulous. Thirdly, if you don't have a tech, find one.

Joe Egan
EMP
Colchester, VT
www.eganmedia.com