KOTOR2: What did you think of the ending? (spoilers)

Last response: in Video Games
Share
February 14, 2005 12:04:56 PM

I finished with telling Kreia to rest. Malachor V starts to
crumble, and the Ebon Hawk comes out and flies off.

I'm assuming Kreia died and I got on the Ebon Hawk and what she
told me about the future is how things turn out?

Lame :| I loved the game overall but the ending wasn't worth
it. There was no closure really. In fact I didn't see the point
of going to Malachor V.

Also, has anyone figured out what Goto was up to? First he sends
bounty hunters to kill me and then he asks me to save the
republic? Why were bounty hunters necessary? Because he couldn't
find me any other way?

More about : kotor2 ending spoilers

Anonymous
February 14, 2005 8:02:15 PM

"shadows" <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in message
>I finished with telling Kreia to rest. Malachor V starts to
> crumble, and the Ebon Hawk comes out and flies off.

I thought it was awful. The ending was a terrible letdown after the
thorough, intricate buildup that they had throughout the game. It seemed
like an afterthought, or perhaps the developers ran out of time and couldn't
produce a fitting and elaborate ending. I had no sense of closure.

I also feel that I've missed some subplots or backstory. I played Nar
Shadaa last of the three planets, so perhaps that had some effect on my
reaction. No idea what the big deal was between Mira and Hanharr, why it
was worthy of its own closure and side quest on Malachor V while none of the
other characters got their own side quest. I suppose the Handmaiden's story
reached closure on Telos, while Visas reached her story's closure at the end
of the Ravager, but both of those were far more substantial to the overall
story than Mira's. Mira's was just a rehash of what happened on Nar Shadaa.

It was a pretty big letdown.

February 14, 2005 9:53:49 PM

"shadows" <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in message
> I finished with telling Kreia to rest. Malachor V starts to
> crumble, and the Ebon Hawk comes out and flies off.
>
> I'm assuming Kreia died and I got on the Ebon Hawk and what she
> told me about the future is how things turn out?
>
> Lame :| I loved the game overall but the ending wasn't worth
> it. There was no closure really. In fact I didn't see the point
> of going to Malachor V.
>
> Also, has anyone figured out what Goto was up to? First he sends
> bounty hunters to kill me and then he asks me to save the
> republic? Why were bounty hunters necessary? Because he couldn't
> find me any other way?

You already beat it?!?
Related resources
February 14, 2005 9:59:47 PM

On 2005-02-14, Jim Vieira <whiplashr@wi.rr.com.remove.this.to.reply> wrote:

> You already beat it?!?

Obviously given my post.

I'll have to check the amount of hours spent in the last save
file and post it here. Took me one weekend. I mostly played from
noon until 5 am with breaks in between when I would contemplate
the nature of the Force.

I played Sunday too until 5 am Monday so that makes it a 3 day
binge :)
February 15, 2005 1:39:36 AM

On 2005-02-14, Charles Whitney <cbillingsw@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I also feel that I've missed some subplots or backstory.

You know what? I think it was so rushed that some of the subplots
were left half way. For example I got no closure from Goto. I
know what he wants and what kind of character he's supposed to be
but I couldn't get him to thank me for saving the Republic at any
stage of the game.

> I played Nar Shadaa last of the three planets, so perhaps that
> had some effect on my reaction. No idea what the big deal was
> between Mira and Hanharr, why it was worthy of its own closure
> and side quest on Malachor V while none of the other characters
> got their own side quest.

I expected Mira to have a bigger role at the end. Instead you
just control her as she makes a final choice. To carry the burden
of the insane Wookie and stay in the light, or to turn on him and
become dark. I guess it was necessary that this was a choice she
would make alone.

> I suppose the Handmaiden's story
> reached closure on Telos, while Visas reached her story's closure at the end
> of the Ravager, but both of those were far more substantial to the overall
> story than Mira's.

I didn't get the Handmaiden. I'm assuming you played as male? I
played as a female and I got some hunk jedi from Dantooine to
join my party. I think he was the love interest but I never
explored it.

> Mira's was just a rehash of what happened on Nar Shadaa.

Actually it was more than that. Kreia was responsible for sending
the Wookie back after Mira. This is significant since Kreia
wouldn't bother unless she thought Mira needed to be tested after
she became a Jedi (and Kreia would have foreseen her training).

> It was a pretty big letdown.

I agree, and I agree about the buildup being magnificent. The
battle with Darth Scion made my jaw drop. The sheer contrast
between your character and Scion suddenly made everything
clear. You could let go of the force, willingly, and still be
powerful, and Darth Scion was a corpse held in torment by the
Force incapable of giving it up but at the same time immortal.

"You cannot be killed... but you can be defeated."

Absolutely brilliant.

I need to see if the darkside leads to any more interesting
quests or if gaining all the influence you can with Kreia opens
anything else up. I noticed I unlocked only 34 out of the
possible 50 movies.

BTW, did the exile live or did she perish in Malachor V? I'm
guessing she lives on because the Ebon Hawk comes by the
core. That's what really irked me. I never got to know what
happened to *my* character but I did everyone else when I asked
Kreia what would happen.
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 4:46:20 PM

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 22:39:36 GMT, shadows <shadows@whitefang.com>
wrote:

[snip]

>BTW, did the exile live or did she perish in Malachor V? I'm
>guessing she lives on because the Ebon Hawk comes by the
>core. That's what really irked me. I never got to know what
>happened to *my* character but I did everyone else when I asked
>Kreia what would happen.

The conclusion on the xbox forums is that he/she lives to go after
Revan, which looks like a set up for KOTOR 3.
!