V3 ear piece volume

Last response: in Brands
July 6, 2005 11:49:37 AM

I own several V3 phones. The ear piece volume on all of them is about half
of what I was getting out of my previous Nokia's and Panasonic phones. Is
there an upgrade or fix by which I can increase the ear piece volume on
these phones? Trying to use the phones in a crowded bar or on the street
with traffic is almost impossible because you can't easily hear what the
other party is saying.

Jimmy

More about : ear piece volume

Anonymous
July 6, 2005 4:44:15 PM

"Jimmy Smith" <Holland@MST.com> wrote in message
news:o yPye.48016$Xv.40068@bignews4.bellsouth.net...
>I own several V3 phones. The ear piece volume on all of them is about half
>of what I was getting out of my previous Nokia's and Panasonic phones. Is
>there an upgrade or fix by which I can increase the ear piece volume on
>these phones? Trying to use the phones in a crowded bar or on the street
>with traffic is almost impossible because you can't easily hear what the
>other party is saying.
>
> Jimmy

Yes you can edit the gain_table.bin file with a hex editor. I just did my
V400 and it has lots & lots of volume now.

bamp
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 9:35:33 PM

"bamp" <bampatcenturyteldotnet> wrote in message
news:p JGdnTj2cNvyhVHfRVn-hA@centurytel.net...

> "Jimmy Smith" <Holland@MST.com> wrote in message
> news:o yPye.48016$Xv.40068@bignews4.bellsouth.net...
>>I own several V3 phones. The ear piece volume on all of them is about
>>half of what I was getting out of my previous Nokia's and Panasonic
>>phones. Is there an upgrade or fix by which I can increase the ear piece
>>volume on these phones? Trying to use the phones in a crowded bar or on
>>the street with traffic is almost impossible because you can't easily hear
>>what the other party is saying.
>>
>> Jimmy
>

> Yes you can edit the gain_table.bin file with a hex editor. I just did my
> V400 and it has lots & lots of volume now.

Did you notice any downside to using this procedure? If you manually lower
the volume on your altered phone, does it work just fine?

> bamp

July 6, 2005 9:35:34 PM

> "bamp" <bampatcenturyteldotnet> wrote in message
> news:p JGdnTj2cNvyhVHfRVn-hA@centurytel.net...
>>
>> "Jimmy Smith" <Holland@MST.com> wrote in message
>> news:o yPye.48016$Xv.40068@bignews4.bellsouth.net...
>>>I own several V3 phones. The ear piece volume on all of them is about
>>>half of what I was getting out of my previous Nokia's and Panasonic
>>>phones. Is there an upgrade or fix by which I can increase the ear piece
>>>volume on these phones? Trying to use the phones in a crowded bar or on
>>>the street with traffic is almost impossible because you can't easily
>>>hear what the other party is saying.
>>>
>>> Jimmy
>>

>> Yes you can edit the gain_table.bin file with a hex editor. I just did my
>> V400 and it has lots & lots of volume now.
>
> Did you notice any downside to using this procedure? If you manually
> lower the volume on your altered phone, does it work just fine?

There's no downside to it, the phone is set to a value of 1 by Motorola, in
my case I turned it up to 3 and it worked ok. It is now loud enough that I
turned it down about halfway with the volume control, no distortion either
way. It helps to have the reserve for a low connection, noisy enviornment,
etc.

bamp
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 1:33:43 AM

Where is the best place to download these software tools in order to change
the gain table? Is this with the P2Kman? Also, can the CDs sold on
CellCables.com

do the trick?

Thanks,

Jimmy

> "Jimmy Smith" <Holland@MST.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "bamp" <bampatcenturyteldotnet> wrote in message
>> news:p JGdnTj2cNvyhVHfRVn-hA@centurytel.net...
>>>
>>> "Jimmy Smith" <Holland@MST.com> wrote in message
>>> news:o yPye.48016$Xv.40068@bignews4.bellsouth.net...

>>> Yes you can edit the gain_table.bin file with a hex editor. I just did
>>> my V400 and it has lots & lots of volume now.
>>
>> Did you notice any downside to using this procedure? If you manually
>> lower the volume on your altered phone, does it work just fine?
>
> There's no downside to it, the phone is set to a value of 1 by Motorola,
> in my case I turned it up to 3 and it worked ok. It is now loud enough
> that I turned it down about halfway with the volume control, no distortion
> either way. It helps to have the reserve for a low connection, noisy
> enviornment, etc.
>

> bamp

Anonymous
July 7, 2005 1:40:48 AM

> Where is the best place to download these software tools in order to
> change the gain table? Is this with the P2Kman? Also, can the CDs sold
> on
> CellCables.com
>
> do the trick?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jimmy
>
> "bamp" <bampatcenturyteldotnet> wrote in message
>>
>> "Jimmy Smith" <Holland@MST.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "bamp" <bampatcenturyteldotnet> wrote in message
>>> news:p JGdnTj2cNvyhVHfRVn-hA@centurytel.net...

>>> Did you notice any downside to using this procedure? If you manually
>>> lower the volume on your altered phone, does it work just fine?
>>
>> There's no downside to it, the phone is set to a value of 1 by Motorola,
>> in my case I turned it up to 3 and it worked ok. It is now loud enough
>> that I turned it down about halfway with the volume control, no
>> distortion either way. It helps to have the reserve for a low connection,
>> noisy enviornment, etc.
>>

>> bamp

I used vxi32 to hex edit the file & MPT to upload & dowload to computer &
back to phone. I tried to email you the info you needed, but it was too
large for your mailbox.

bamp
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 1:51:07 PM

"troyboy30" <troyboy30.1rszay@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

> you canuse the p2k's and not have to do any hex editing. do a search,
> you will find it.
>

> --
> troyboy30

How do you edit the gain_table.bin with p2k, I've tried and couldn't figure
out how to do it.

Thanks,
bamp
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 3:20:26 PM

you can also you motokit if you can't figure out the p2k's. just Click
the button that reads "Volume" and adjust the slider.

Click "OK"

Done.

--
troyboy30
July 9, 2005 4:06:32 AM

In article <troyboy30.1rt5k1@nospam.cellphoneforums.net>,
troyboy30.1rt5k1@nospam.cellphoneforums.net says...

> you can also you motokit if you can't figure out the p2k's. just Click
> the button that reads "Volume" and adjust the slider.
>
> Click "OK"
>
> Done.
>

> --
> troyboy30

Can this also be done on a V710? And what is "Motokit"?

My provider is Verizon.

TIA

Louise
!