V3 ear piece volume

I own several V3 phones. The ear piece volume on all of them is about half
of what I was getting out of my previous Nokia's and Panasonic phones. Is
there an upgrade or fix by which I can increase the ear piece volume on
these phones? Trying to use the phones in a crowded bar or on the street
with traffic is almost impossible because you can't easily hear what the
other party is saying.

Jimmy
10 answers Last reply
More about piece volume

    "Jimmy Smith" <Holland@MST.com> wrote in message
    >I own several V3 phones. The ear piece volume on all of them is about half
    >of what I was getting out of my previous Nokia's and Panasonic phones. Is
    >there an upgrade or fix by which I can increase the ear piece volume on
    >these phones? Trying to use the phones in a crowded bar or on the street
    >with traffic is almost impossible because you can't easily hear what the
    >other party is saying.
    >
    > Jimmy

    Yes you can edit the gain_table.bin file with a hex editor. I just did my
    V400 and it has lots & lots of volume now.

    bamp

    "bamp" <bampatcenturyteldotnet> wrote in message

    > "Jimmy Smith" <Holland@MST.com> wrote in message
    >>I own several V3 phones. The ear piece volume on all of them is about
    >>half of what I was getting out of my previous Nokia's and Panasonic
    >>phones. Is there an upgrade or fix by which I can increase the ear piece
    >>volume on these phones? Trying to use the phones in a crowded bar or on
    >>the street with traffic is almost impossible because you can't easily hear
    >>what the other party is saying.
    >>
    >> Jimmy
    >

    > Yes you can edit the gain_table.bin file with a hex editor. I just did my
    > V400 and it has lots & lots of volume now.

    Did you notice any downside to using this procedure? If you manually lower
    the volume on your altered phone, does it work just fine?

    > "bamp" <bampatcenturyteldotnet> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Jimmy Smith" <Holland@MST.com> wrote in message
    >>>I own several V3 phones. The ear piece volume on all of them is about
    >>>half of what I was getting out of my previous Nokia's and Panasonic
    >>>phones. Is there an upgrade or fix by which I can increase the ear piece
    >>>volume on these phones? Trying to use the phones in a crowded bar or on
    >>>the street with traffic is almost impossible because you can't easily
    >>>hear what the other party is saying.
    >>>
    >>> Jimmy
    >>

    >> Yes you can edit the gain_table.bin file with a hex editor. I just did my
    >> V400 and it has lots & lots of volume now.
    >
    > Did you notice any downside to using this procedure? If you manually
    > lower the volume on your altered phone, does it work just fine?

    There's no downside to it, the phone is set to a value of 1 by Motorola, in
    my case I turned it up to 3 and it worked ok. It is now loud enough that I
    turned it down about halfway with the volume control, no distortion either
    way. It helps to have the reserve for a low connection, noisy enviornment,
    etc.

    bamp

    Where is the best place to download these software tools in order to change
    the gain table? Is this with the P2Kman? Also, can the CDs sold on
    CellCables.com

    do the trick?

    Thanks,

    Jimmy

    > Where is the best place to download these software tools in order to
    > change the gain table? Is this with the P2Kman? Also, can the CDs sold
    > on
    > CellCables.com
    >
    > do the trick?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jimmy
    >
    > "bamp" <bampatcenturyteldotnet> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Jimmy Smith" <Holland@MST.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "bamp" <bampatcenturyteldotnet> wrote in message

    >>> Did you notice any downside to using this procedure? If you manually
    >>> lower the volume on your altered phone, does it work just fine?
    >>
    >> There's no downside to it, the phone is set to a value of 1 by Motorola,
    >> in my case I turned it up to 3 and it worked ok. It is now loud enough
    >> that I turned it down about halfway with the volume control, no
    >> distortion either way. It helps to have the reserve for a low connection,
    >> noisy enviornment, etc.
    >>

    >> bamp

    I used vxi32 to hex edit the file & MPT to upload & dowload to computer &
    back to phone. I tried to email you the info you needed, but it was too
    large for your mailbox.

    bamp

    you canuse the p2k's and not have to do any hex editing. do a search,
    you will find it.

    --
    troyboy30

    "troyboy30" <troyboy30.1rszay@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

    > you canuse the p2k's and not have to do any hex editing. do a search,
    > you will find it.
    >

    > --
    > troyboy30

    How do you edit the gain_table.bin with p2k, I've tried and couldn't figure
    out how to do it.

    Thanks,
    bamp

    you can also you motokit if you can't figure out the p2k's. just Click
    the button that reads "Volume" and adjust the slider.

    Click "OK"

    Done.

    --
    troyboy30

    In article <troyboy30.1rt5k1@nospam.cellphoneforums.net>,
    troyboy30.1rt5k1@nospam.cellphoneforums.net says...

    > you can also you motokit if you can't figure out the p2k's. just Click
    > the button that reads "Volume" and adjust the slider.
    >
    > Click "OK"
    >
    > Done.
    >

    > --
    > troyboy30

    Can this also be done on a V710? And what is "Motokit"?

    My provider is Verizon.

    TIA

    Louise
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola (More info?)

    go to www.motomodders.net and look at the top of the page at the
    software link. they are all there. motokit works well with triplets
    phones.

    --
    troyboy30

Motorola Phones