Programs for creating ringtones for v551 phone?

Last response: in Brands
July 6, 2005 3:42:31 PM

I tried to create a ringtone with xingone and was successful with
creating it, but while it says that it was downloaded to my phone, it
never arrived.

I would like to try another program to see if there is a problem with my
phone or just that program. I also had problems downloaded real music
ringtones from Cingular but none downloading polyphonic tones.

Thanks
Ken K
July 6, 2005 6:56:25 PM

I found it very easy to use MPT and create a ringtone from an MP3 file
stored on my computer. You can extract any portion of a song you
want. Of course the more you extract, the more memory you use.

Dick

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 11:42:31 -0700, Ken K <psnw@RE-MOV-Ethekrones.com>
wrote:

>I tried to create a ringtone with xingone and was successful with
>creating it, but while it says that it was downloaded to my phone, it
>never arrived.
>
>I would like to try another program to see if there is a problem with my
>phone or just that program. I also had problems downloaded real music
>ringtones from Cingular but none downloading polyphonic tones.
>
>Thanks
>Ken K
July 7, 2005 12:09:03 AM

I was wrong about the MP3. I have been making ringtones from midi
files. The ringtone I am using now started as an 18K file. After
extracting the part I wanted it is down to a little over 2K. Not bad
at all. The phone appears to store the files as midi's. At least
that is the file type shown on the phone in MPT.

MPT will convert an MP3 file to a midi for the phone to use. When you
do an extraction from MP3 the conversion will take place automatically
when you save it to the phone. I haven't tried making a ringtone from
an MP3 file, so I don't know what kind of file size you would end up
with.

I haven't figured out how to check the remaining memory.

Dick

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 16:12:23 -0700, Ken K <psnw@RE-MOV-Ethekrones.com>
wrote:

>I will explore MPT. Since I posted this, I found xingtone.com and
>downloaded an MP3 file. 30 seconds took up about 290KB, so I now know
>what you mean when you say that it takes up memory.
>
>Is there a format that one can convert the MP3 to that takes up less
>space or can one only import MP3 files for ringtones?
>
>Also, there is 5MB of memory, according to what I have read. Any idea
>how much is taken up by, say, 200 phone numbers? I am wondering just
>how much memory is left? Is there any setting one can check to see what
>the memory usage is on a v551?
>
>Thanks
>Ken K
>

>Dick wrote:
>
>>I found it very easy to use MPT and create a ringtone from an MP3 file
>>stored on my computer. You can extract any portion of a song you
>>want. Of course the more you extract, the more memory you use.
>>
>>Dick
>>
>>On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 11:42:31 -0700, Ken K <psnw@RE-MOV-Ethekrones.com>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>I tried to create a ringtone with xingone and was successful with
>>>creating it, but while it says that it was downloaded to my phone, it
>>>never arrived.
>>>
>>>I would like to try another program to see if there is a problem with my
>>>phone or just that program. I also had problems downloaded real music
>>>ringtones from Cingular but none downloading polyphonic tones.
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>Ken K

July 10, 2005 2:00:49 AM

Why don't you just use something like power mp3cutter and chop out a peice
of mp3 you want to use as a ringer then just use mpt with a cable or
bluetooth to transfer it to your v551?
"Ken K" <psnw@RE-MOV-Ethekrones.com> wrote in message
>I tried to create a ringtone with xingone and was successful with creating
>it, but while it says that it was downloaded to my phone, it never arrived.
>
> I would like to try another program to see if there is a problem with my
> phone or just that program. I also had problems downloaded real music
> ringtones from Cingular but none downloading polyphonic tones.
>
> Thanks
> Ken K
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 10:02:44 AM

I would go to Marquel.com and order mobile Phone Tools. You can get
just the software for $30 or more for Bluetooth, Serial cord, or USB
cable.

!