Your question

Audio distorted on acer aspire 5741

Last response: in Windows 7
June 3, 2012 3:12:32 AM

Hello,
I have a sound issue on an acer aspire 5741 the sound drivers are the
realtek6.0.1.6602 high def audio driver and also the
intel display audio high def audio bus
when I play sound through either the speakers or the headphones jack the sound is distorted like an effect has been added when I test the speakers through the testing it sounds clear and perfect
I have removed third party audio editing software such as audacity software and audio box ...
I have run a sfc scannow updated all drivers any other suggestions are welcome thanks
June 4, 2012 5:11:26 PM

mrfix-pc said:
Hello,
I have a sound issue on an acer aspire 5741 the sound drivers are the
realtek6.0.1.6602 high def audio driver and also the
intel display audio high def audio bus
when I play sound through either the speakers or the headphones jack the sound is distorted like an effect has been added when I test the speakers through the testing it sounds clear and perfect
I have removed third party audio editing software such as audacity software and audio box ...
I have run a sfc scannow updated all drivers any other suggestions are welcome thanks

So I have contacted Acer and I isolated the issue they dont support the issue but I have found through research that the motherboard has a problem relating to the headphone jack I have seen then listed for sale on Ebay with broken audio jacks I used a usb headphone set and received clear sound and after removing the third party software the speakers are sounding good too... if you have a nice set of mm headphones then you can buy an adapter that converts usb to mm so you can use them this way and that will prevent having to replace the faulty motherboard/audio jack
m
l
!