KOTOR2: Wisdom/Charisma/Awareness (minor spoiler)

Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

I found that these attributes/skills can affect dialogue
options. Has anyone found if Wisdom or Charisma helps you get
Kreia to stop losing influence everytime you use the force for
good?

I tried playing DS but most of the things I did were either too
comic or too cruel. I didn't like it. I'd like to play lightside
and not piss off Kreia at every turn.

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:36:26 GMT, shadows <shadows@whitefang.com>
wrote:

>I found that these attributes/skills can affect dialogue
>options. Has anyone found if Wisdom or Charisma helps you get
>Kreia to stop losing influence everytime you use the force for
>good?

Influence in general, and with Kreia a little less than some others,
has very little to do with light side / dark side; it's what you say
afterwards that counts the most. With Kreia she seems to have a
couple of primary hotspots 1) You show weakness (and to her mercy and
charity are weakness) 2) You don't respect her position as your
mentor.

>I tried playing DS but most of the things I did were either too
>comic or too cruel. I didn't like it. I'd like to play lightside
>and not piss off Kreia at every turn.

Just keep in mind that she's far too ruthless for you to have as
much positive influence on her as someone willing to take the
occasional dark side point or someone fully on the dark side. No one
promised that everyone will be your friend just because you are
"good".

Easy enough to do, just don't backtalk to her and you'll be fine.
Here are some examples: If you don't want spoilers, stop reading now.

When you first talk to her about her hand, you get a couple of
options to say how sorry you are or you wished you could protect her
(see #1 above), one to say how sorry she sould be and a last neutral
option. Go with neutral to avoid bad influence. Later in that
conversation you get one choice where you welcome her teaching (#2
above), one neutral one, a dark side option where you welcome the
power she will bring you (#2 above) and a couple of negative ones
where you denigrate her ability to teach you (#2 above but negative).

You get plenty of options for light side points, you should be more
than a little willing to say what she needs to hear if needed for the
greater good of having her open up to you and share what she knows
because she thinks she can trust you. In the end it's a roleplaying
decision, if you can't do it, don't worry about it; there are worse
things than not having that harridan like what you are doing because
you are playing a jedi who never decieves someone.

Either type would be fully acceptable, both in the fiction and in
the game; after all one of the good guys in the movies used the Force
to cheat at dice for the greater good and attempted to decieve a
merchant into accepting nearly worthless currency for a transaction
because it was expedient to do so.

You aren't playing a D&D Paladin, do the least amount of possible
harm, help where you can but above all, get the job done because a few
darkside points are nothing compared to seeing the Sith destroy the
galaxy. After all, that's the call that got you exiled in the first
place. :)

of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

On 2005-02-15, Johnny Bravo <baawa_knight@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:36:26 GMT, shadows <shadows@whitefang.com>
> wrote:
>
>>I found that these attributes/skills can affect dialogue
>>options. Has anyone found if Wisdom or Charisma helps you get
>>Kreia to stop losing influence everytime you use the force for
>>good?
>
> Influence in general, and with Kreia a little less than some others,
> has very little to do with light side / dark side; it's what you say
> afterwards that counts the most. With Kreia she seems to have a
> couple of primary hotspots 1) You show weakness (and to her mercy and
> charity are weakness) 2) You don't respect her position as your
> mentor.

I'll give it a shot. I like the LS mastery where you get +3
wisdom. Hopefully I will be able to sustain.

> Just keep in mind that she's far too ruthless for you to have as
> much positive influence on her as someone willing to take the
> occasional dark side point or someone fully on the dark side. No one
> promised that everyone will be your friend just because you are
> "good".

I'm surprised you can bring redemption and the lightside to just
about everyone in your party but not her.

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:36:26 GMT, shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote:

>I found that these attributes/skills can affect dialogue
>options. Has anyone found if Wisdom or Charisma helps you get
>Kreia to stop losing influence everytime you use the force for
>good?
>
>I tried playing DS but most of the things I did were either too
>comic or too cruel. I didn't like it. I'd like to play lightside
>and not piss off Kreia at every turn.

Did you ever wonder why you lose influence with her when you make light side
choices? I haven't got very far but I'm playing light and if I piss her off so
be it. I'm playing light so I intend to do the right thing.

Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

On 2005-02-15, Memnoch <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Did you ever wonder why you lose influence with her when you make light side
> choices? I haven't got very far but I'm playing light and if I piss her off so
> be it. I'm playing light so I intend to do the right thing.

Light side choices? Everytime you help someone you deny them a
struggle that would make the stronger. Those aren't "light side"
choices. Those are merely choices you've been trained to make by
the Jedi Council who saw fit to exile you... but I've said
enough...

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 20:17:46 GMT, shadows <shadows@whitefang.com>
wrote:

>I'll give it a shot. I like the LS mastery where you get +3
>wisdom. Hopefully I will be able to sustain.

Piece of cake.

>I'm surprised you can bring redemption and the lightside to just
>about everyone in your party but not her.

Given her background I'm surprised that she doesn't just force
lightning her upstart padawan every time you screw up. She doesn't
want redemption, it's a meaningless concept for her, she doesn't view
the force as light/dark, she sees it as strong/weak. It's not
inherently dark, but it will never qualify as light either.

shadows wrote:
> I'll give it a shot. I like the LS mastery where you get +3
> wisdom. Hopefully I will be able to sustain.

Actually, in KOTOR2, I got +3 CON for light side mastery.

b*

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:09:50 GMT, b <beestar@shaw.ca>
allegedly declared to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg...
>shadows wrote:
>> I'll give it a shot. I like the LS mastery where you get +3
>> wisdom. Hopefully I will be able to sustain.
>
>Actually, in KOTOR2, I got +3 CON for light side mastery.

Your Mastery bonus is dependant on your character class.

--
Capt. Gym Z. Quirk (Known to some as Taki Kogoma) quirk @ swcp.com
Just an article detector on the Information Supercollider.

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:09:50 GMT, b <beestar@shaw.ca> wrote:

>shadows wrote:
>> I'll give it a shot. I like the LS mastery where you get +3
>> wisdom. Hopefully I will be able to sustain.
>
>Actually, in KOTOR2, I got +3 CON for light side mastery.

Depends on your choice at the start.

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:09:50 GMT, b <beestar@shaw.ca> wrote:

>shadows wrote:
>> I'll give it a shot. I like the LS mastery where you get +3
>> wisdom. Hopefully I will be able to sustain.

>Actually, in KOTOR2, I got +3 CON for light side mastery.

It depends what prestige class you are. Jedi Masters get Wis, I think
Watchmen get Con.

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 08:31:28 +1100, Ian Galbraith <me@privacy.net> wrote:

>On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:09:50 GMT, b <beestar@shaw.ca> wrote:
>
>>shadows wrote:
>>> I'll give it a shot. I like the LS mastery where you get +3
>>> wisdom. Hopefully I will be able to sustain.
>
>>Actually, in KOTOR2, I got +3 CON for light side mastery.
>
>It depends what prestige class you are. Jedi Masters get Wis, I think
>Watchmen get Con.

I thought it depended on your starting class and not prestige. I'm sure I had
light mastery before I took Jedi Master. Maybe not but I'm not sure.

Memnoch wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 08:31:28 +1100, Ian Galbraith <me@privacy.net> wrote:

>>>Actually, in KOTOR2, I got +3 CON for light side mastery.
>>
>>It depends what prestige class you are. Jedi Masters get Wis, I think
>>Watchmen get Con.
>
> I thought it depended on your starting class and not prestige. I'm sure I had
> light mastery before I took Jedi Master. Maybe not but I'm not sure.

You get a plus for base class and prestige class, even though it
doesn't show it on the stats screen.

I was Guardian (+3 STR) and Weapons Master (+3 STR) and I definitely got
a +6 STR total.

--
John Parkinson