Does 'Cabir' virus infect Motorola V551 Cell Phone?

Hello!

My Motorola V551 Cell Phone is only about 3 months old and I charge it
regularly every day. All of a sudden, my phone doesn't seems to have a good
battery back up and the battery doesn't seem to have a good standby time.
When I charge it fully, the charge doesn't seem to last for more than 5 to 6
hours and I use the phone very sparingly! Now here are my questions to you:

1. Is it likely that my Motorola V551 is infected with a virus like "CABIR"
that drains the battery of the infected cell phone?

2. If it has been infected, how can I remove the virus and get the phone to
normalcy? Is there an Antivirus software for this phone?

3. Right now, my phone uses Motorola SNN5683A Battery. Is there a higher
capacity, extended life battery for Motorola V551? If so, what is the
battery model number and where can I purchase one?

I thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
More about does cabir virus infect motorola v551 cell phone

    It's not possible to have that virus on your v551.
    Some firmware versions are known to have poor battery life. You should
    look into flashing it to a newer version.

    "Gyro Gearloose" <GyroGearloose@hotpop.com> wrote in message
    > Hello!
    >
    > My Motorola V551 Cell Phone is only about 3 months old and I charge it
    > regularly every day. All of a sudden, my phone doesn't seems to have a
    > good battery back up and the battery doesn't seem to have a good standby
    > time. When I charge it fully, the charge doesn't seem to last for more
    > than 5 to 6 hours and I use the phone very sparingly! Now here are my
    > questions to you:
    >
    > 1. Is it likely that my Motorola V551 is infected with a virus like
    > "CABIR" that drains the battery of the infected cell phone?
    >
    > 2. If it has been infected, how can I remove the virus and get the phone
    > to normalcy? Is there an Antivirus software for this phone?
    >
    > 3. Right now, my phone uses Motorola SNN5683A Battery. Is there a higher
    > capacity, extended life battery for Motorola V551? If so, what is the
    > battery model number and where can I purchase one?
    >
    > I thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you soon.
    >
    > Sincerely,

    Thank you. How do I flash it to a newer firmware version?

    > Thank you. How do I flash it to a newer firmware version?

    Go take a read over at www.motomodders.net they have this covered, with
    instructions on how to do it.

    Thank you so much!:)

    Have a nice day,

    "CJD" <newsgroupmail@rogers.com> wrote in message

    > "Gyro Gearloose" <GyroGearloose@hotpop.com> wrote in message
    >> Thank you. How do I flash it to a newer firmware version?
    >
    > Go take a read over at www.motomodders.net they have this covered, with
    > instructions on how to do it.

Motorola Cell Phones Battery Phones