Does 'Cabir' virus infect Motorola V551 Cell Phone?

Last response: in Brands
July 6, 2005 11:48:49 PM

Hello!

My Motorola V551 Cell Phone is only about 3 months old and I charge it
regularly every day. All of a sudden, my phone doesn't seems to have a good
battery back up and the battery doesn't seem to have a good standby time.
When I charge it fully, the charge doesn't seem to last for more than 5 to 6
hours and I use the phone very sparingly! Now here are my questions to you:

1. Is it likely that my Motorola V551 is infected with a virus like "CABIR"
that drains the battery of the infected cell phone?

2. If it has been infected, how can I remove the virus and get the phone to
normalcy? Is there an Antivirus software for this phone?

3. Right now, my phone uses Motorola SNN5683A Battery. Is there a higher
capacity, extended life battery for Motorola V551? If so, what is the
battery model number and where can I purchase one?

I thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
July 7, 2005 1:01:17 AM

It's not possible to have that virus on your v551.
Some firmware versions are known to have poor battery life. You should
look into flashing it to a newer version.

"Gyro Gearloose" <GyroGearloose@hotpop.com> wrote in message
> Hello!
>
> My Motorola V551 Cell Phone is only about 3 months old and I charge it
> regularly every day. All of a sudden, my phone doesn't seems to have a
> good battery back up and the battery doesn't seem to have a good standby
> time. When I charge it fully, the charge doesn't seem to last for more
> than 5 to 6 hours and I use the phone very sparingly! Now here are my
> questions to you:
>
> 1. Is it likely that my Motorola V551 is infected with a virus like
> "CABIR" that drains the battery of the infected cell phone?
>
> 2. If it has been infected, how can I remove the virus and get the phone
> to normalcy? Is there an Antivirus software for this phone?
>
> 3. Right now, my phone uses Motorola SNN5683A Battery. Is there a higher
> capacity, extended life battery for Motorola V551? If so, what is the
> battery model number and where can I purchase one?
>
> I thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you soon.
>
> Sincerely,

July 7, 2005 3:43:08 AM

Thank you. How do I flash it to a newer firmware version?

"Destrux" <destrux.placeholder@hotmail.freelydelete.com> wrote in message
> It's not possible to have that virus on your v551.
> Some firmware versions are known to have poor battery life. You should
> look into flashing it to a newer version.
>
> "Gyro Gearloose" <GyroGearloose@hotpop.com> wrote in message
>> Hello!
>>
>> My Motorola V551 Cell Phone is only about 3 months old and I charge it
>> regularly every day. All of a sudden, my phone doesn't seems to have a
>> good battery back up and the battery doesn't seem to have a good standby
>> time. When I charge it fully, the charge doesn't seem to last for more
>> than 5 to 6 hours and I use the phone very sparingly! Now here are my
>> questions to you:
>>
>> 1. Is it likely that my Motorola V551 is infected with a virus like
>> "CABIR" that drains the battery of the infected cell phone?
>>
>> 2. If it has been infected, how can I remove the virus and get the phone
>> to normalcy? Is there an Antivirus software for this phone?
>>
>> 3. Right now, my phone uses Motorola SNN5683A Battery. Is there a higher
>> capacity, extended life battery for Motorola V551? If so, what is the
>> battery model number and where can I purchase one?
>>
>> I thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you soon.
>>
>> Sincerely,

July 8, 2005 4:19:45 AM

> Thank you. How do I flash it to a newer firmware version?

Go take a read over at www.motomodders.net they have this covered, with
instructions on how to do it.
Anonymous
July 8, 2005 4:32:57 PM