Toslink cable deals

Anybody got any hot tips on good prices on fiber optic cables for
lightpipe connections?
5 answers Last reply
More about toslink cable deals

    peakester@earthlink.net wrote:
    > Anybody got any hot tips on good prices on fiber optic cables for
    > lightpipe connections?

    <http://www.sysconcept.ca/product_info.php?products_id=68>

    Metal ferruled connectors in your choice of six colors and made to legth.

    In article <1104662843.140210.276560@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com> peakester@earthlink.net writes:

    > Anybody got any hot tips on good prices on fiber optic cables for
    > lightpipe connections?

    How good do you want (price and quality)? How much looking have you
    done on your own? If you stay away from Radio Shack and places like
    Circuit City you'll find that they're close enough in price and
    quality that unless you're buying a hundred or so, it's not worth
    agonizing over the differences, but just buy what's easiest for you.

    peakester@earthlink.net wrote:
    > Anybody got any hot tips on good prices on fiber optic cables for
    > lightpipe connections?

    We get good prices on them from Beach Audio. For example, we have used
    a lot of these (as well as longer versions):

    http://www.beachaudio.com/260-003.html

    Kurt Albershardt wrote:
    > peakester@earthlink.net wrote:
    >
    >> Anybody got any hot tips on good prices on fiber optic cables for
    >> lightpipe connections?
    >

    > <http://www.sysconcept.ca/product_info.php?products_id=68>
    >
    > Metal ferruled connectors in your choice of six colors and made to legth.

    Click on the picture in the bottom of the above link, and there are 1 m
    cables for $3.00 each on sale, also in different colors:

    http://www.sysconcept.ca/product_info.php?products_id=205

    Thanks for the pointer.

    Mike Rivers wrote:
    > In article <1104662843.140210.276560@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com> peakester@earthlink.net writes:
    >

    >>Anybody got any hot tips on good prices on fiber optic cables for
    >>lightpipe connections?
    >

    > How good do you want (price and quality)? How much looking have you
    > done on your own? If you stay away from Radio Shack and places like
    > Circuit City you'll find that they're close enough in price and
    > quality that unless you're buying a hundred or so, it's not worth
    > agonizing over the differences, but just buy what's easiest for you.

    Probably sufficient quality at Radio Shack or Circuit City on this kind
    of item. Just way over-priced.

    Radio Shack 15-1060: 3 ft, $15.
    Radio Shack 15-1061: 6 ft, $20.
    Radio Shack 15-1062: 12 ft, $25.

    And I've got scope shots showing my cheap 2 meter cable from Circuit
    City with same amount of jitter as 1 meter ILS100 Monster Cable.

Pro Audio Audio Cable