Vampire bloodlines problem

Just after i rescue the archaeologist from the deamon hunters and that
boss hunter hits his "blow up the hole level" button. i run along jump
into the boat... the next level starts to load, but then the game
crashes and i land back on my windows desktop with no explination.

Anyone else have this bug?

--
DalienX
33 answers Last reply

    On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:53:18 GMT, "DalienX" <somewhere@earth.com> wrote:

    >Just after i rescue the archaeologist from the deamon hunters and that
    >boss hunter hits his "blow up the hole level" button. i run along jump
    >into the boat... the next level starts to load, but then the game
    >crashes and i land back on my windows desktop with no explination.
    >
    >Anyone else have this bug?

    Yes, everyone has that bug. After one of the developers posted to a
    website about it another guy created a patch to fix it.
    His site is here: http://oma.cultoftheinept.com/downloads/

    I think the official patch also corrected this particular glitch but OMA's
    patch fixes many of the little problems with the quests so I'd use it.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    Michael Cecil wrote:
    > On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:53:18 GMT, "DalienX" <somewhere@earth.com> wrote:
    >

    >>Just after i rescue the archaeologist from the deamon hunters and that
    >>boss hunter hits his "blow up the hole level" button. i run along jump
    >>into the boat... the next level starts to load, but then the game
    >>crashes and i land back on my windows desktop with no explination.
    >>
    >>Anyone else have this bug?
    >

    > Yes, everyone has that bug. After one of the developers posted to a
    > website about it another guy created a patch to fix it.
    > His site is here: http://oma.cultoftheinept.com/downloads/
    >
    > I think the official patch also corrected this particular glitch but OMA's
    > patch fixes many of the little problems with the quests so I'd use it.

    I tried to apply that patch but because it can't find one file it aborts
    the install. I just started playing though, so I'm a long way away from
    confronting that particular problem.

    I already installed the official patch.

    Great game, isn't it? :)

    DalienX wrote:
    > Just after i rescue the archaeologist from the deamon hunters and that
    > boss hunter hits his "blow up the hole level" button. i run along jump
    > into the boat... the next level starts to load, but then the game
    > crashes and i land back on my windows desktop with no explination.
    >
    > Anyone else have this bug?

    You need to install the official patch, that fixes it.

    --
    John Parkinson

    Michael Cecil wrote:

    > Yes, everyone has that bug. After one of the developers posted to a
    > website about it another guy created a patch to fix it.
    > His site is here: http://oma.cultoftheinept.com/downloads/
    >
    > I think the official patch also corrected this particular glitch but
    > OMA's patch fixes many of the little problems with the quests so I'd
    > use it.

    ahh thanks.

    --
    DalienX

    On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:15:45 -0500, ToolPackinMama
    <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:

    >Michael Cecil wrote:
    >> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:53:18 GMT, "DalienX" <somewhere@earth.com> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Just after i rescue the archaeologist from the deamon hunters and that
    >>>boss hunter hits his "blow up the hole level" button. i run along jump
    >>>into the boat... the next level starts to load, but then the game
    >>>crashes and i land back on my windows desktop with no explination.
    >>>
    >>>Anyone else have this bug?
    >>

    >> Yes, everyone has that bug. After one of the developers posted to a
    >> website about it another guy created a patch to fix it.
    >> His site is here: http://oma.cultoftheinept.com/downloads/
    >>
    >> I think the official patch also corrected this particular glitch but OMA's
    >> patch fixes many of the little problems with the quests so I'd use it.
    >>
    >I tried to apply that patch but because it can't find one file it aborts
    >the install. I just started playing though, so I'm a long way away from
    >confronting that particular problem.
    >
    >I already installed the official patch.
    >
    >Great game, isn't it? :)

    Yes, I thought it was a lot of fun. I'm waiting to forget the plot (as
    much as that's possible) so I can replay as something other than a
    Tremere. :)

    On 2005-02-17, ToolPackinMama <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:
    > Michael Cecil wrote:
    >> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:53:18 GMT, "DalienX" <somewhere@earth.com> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Just after i rescue the archaeologist from the deamon hunters and that
    >>>boss hunter hits his "blow up the hole level" button. i run along jump
    >>>into the boat... the next level starts to load, but then the game
    >>>crashes and i land back on my windows desktop with no explination.
    >>>
    >>>Anyone else have this bug?
    >>

    >> Yes, everyone has that bug. After one of the developers posted to a
    >> website about it another guy created a patch to fix it.
    >> His site is here: http://oma.cultoftheinept.com/downloads/
    >>
    >> I think the official patch also corrected this particular glitch but OMA's
    >> patch fixes many of the little problems with the quests so I'd use it.
    >>
    > I tried to apply that patch but because it can't find one file it aborts
    > the install. I just started playing though, so I'm a long way away from
    > confronting that particular problem.
    >
    > I already installed the official patch.
    >
    > Great game, isn't it? :)

    Don't apply the fan patch over the official patch or vice
    versa. They were developed independently.

    And no it's not a great game. At least not if you've ever played
    a real CRPG.

    shadows wrote:

    > And no it's not a great game. At least not if you've ever played
    > a real CRPG.

    Oh? Like what?

    Michael Cecil wrote:
    > On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:15:45 -0500, ToolPackinMama
    > <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:

    >>Great game, isn't it? :)
    >

    > Yes, I thought it was a lot of fun. I'm waiting to forget the plot (as
    > much as that's possible) so I can replay as something other than a
    > Tremere. :)

    I'm playing 3 characters right now: A male Ventrue, a female Tremere,
    and a female Malkavian - comparing how the dialog options and other
    variances play out is rather amusing.

    If you want a real challenge you could try Nosferatu.

    On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:30:43 -0500, ToolPackinMama
    <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:

    >Michael Cecil wrote:
    >> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:15:45 -0500, ToolPackinMama
    >> <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:
    >

    >>>Great game, isn't it? :)
    >>

    >> Yes, I thought it was a lot of fun. I'm waiting to forget the plot (as
    >> much as that's possible) so I can replay as something other than a
    >> Tremere. :)
    >>

    >I'm playing 3 characters right now: A male Ventrue, a female Tremere,
    >and a female Malkavian - comparing how the dialog options and other
    >variances play out is rather amusing.
    >
    >If you want a real challenge you could try Nosferatu.

    Hehe, yeah. I think it might go from being a game to being a chore. :)

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
  10. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On 2005-02-17, ToolPackinMama <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:
    > shadows wrote:
    >
    >> And no it's not a great game. At least not if you've ever played
    >> a real CRPG.
    >
    > Oh? Like what?

    You must be new here. Fallout and Planescape: Torment. Both are
    much better than anything in recent years. In fact you'll find
    them coming up in discussions here quite often.
  11. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    shadows wrote:
    > On 2005-02-17, ToolPackinMama <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:
    >
    >>shadows wrote:
    >>

    >>>And no it's not a great game. At least not if you've ever played
    >>>a real CRPG.
    >>
    >>Oh? Like what?
    >

    > You must be new here. Fallout and Planescape: Torment. Both are
    > much better than anything in recent years. In fact you'll find
    > them coming up in discussions here quite often.

    No, really!? :)
  12. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Michael Cecil wrote:
    > On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:30:43 -0500, ToolPackinMama
    > <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:

    >>If you want a real challenge you could try Nosferatu.
    >

    > Hehe, yeah. I think it might go from being a game to being a chore. :)

    That thought is what stopped me, but what if we're wrong?
  13. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:37:18 -0500, ToolPackinMama
    <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:

    >Michael Cecil wrote:
    >> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:30:43 -0500, ToolPackinMama
    >> <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:
    >
    >>>If you want a real challenge you could try Nosferatu.
    >>

    >> Hehe, yeah. I think it might go from being a game to being a chore. :)
    >>

    >That thought is what stopped me, but what if we're wrong?

    Well, I haven't decided one way or the other except that I'm going to wait
    a while to replay it. Working on a stack of Thief II fan missions right
    now.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
  14. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    shadows wrote:
    > On 2005-02-17, ToolPackinMama <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:
    >
    >>shadows wrote:
    >>

    >>>And no it's not a great game. At least not if you've ever played
    >>>a real CRPG.
    >>
    >>Oh? Like what?
    >

    > You must be new here. Fallout and Planescape: Torment. Both are
    > much better than anything in recent years. In fact you'll find
    > them coming up in discussions here quite often.

    Never played PT myself, but Fallout/Fallout 2 have got to be one of the
    buggiest games I've ever played.

    Still don't understand how I find myself strangly compelled to play them
    thougth. ;)
  15. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Michael Cecil wrote:
    > On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:37:18 -0500, ToolPackinMama
    > <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:
    >

    >>Michael Cecil wrote:

    >>>Hehe, yeah. I think it might go from being a game to being a chore. :)
    >>>

    >>That thought is what stopped me, but what if we're wrong?
    >

    > Well, I haven't decided one way or the other except that I'm going to wait
    > a while to replay it. Working on a stack of Thief II fan missions right
    > now.

    Well, you know what? Just because of our little conversation I decided
    to try a FUGLY Nosferatu dude, and I already love him. It's not as hard
    as you might think. He can still run around out in the open in town.
    It's not like all people refuse to talk with you. OBVIOUSLY all the
    quest-related people talk with you. Once in a while a rare person runs
    screaming at the very sight of you, but it's not like you can't stroll
    around in town, you can.

    Hephastus, my Nossie, did the same beginning quests as the other
    characters, and the only real difference is that he took out the gang of
    crackheads at the beachhouse with astonishing ease. Potence, and
    Obfustuwhatmamacallit are both VERY helpful disciplines, at that early
    stage.

    Also, rats yield way more useable blood for a Nosferatu than for anyone
    else. Plus, the rats are easier to catch. The squirmy little devils
    are elusive prey for my other vamps, but for my Nossie they just calm
    down and wait to be plucked and milked. Awesome!

    OK, so my Nosferatu guy has zero chance of getting laid. It's not a
    getting-laid game, anyway. It's a kicking-ass game, and so far,
    Hephastus seriously kicks ass! :) Besides, he recently did get laid,
    and we all saw what THAT came to! ;)
  16. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 01:07:27 -0500, ToolPackinMama
    <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:

    >Well, you know what? Just because of our little conversation I decided
    >to try a FUGLY Nosferatu dude, and I already love him. It's not as hard
    >as you might think. He can still run around out in the open in town.
    >It's not like all people refuse to talk with you. OBVIOUSLY all the
    >quest-related people talk with you. Once in a while a rare person runs
    >screaming at the very sight of you, but it's not like you can't stroll
    >around in town, you can.

    Only once in a while? Shoot. That's no fun! :)

    >OK, so my Nosferatu guy has zero chance of getting laid. It's not a
    >getting-laid game, anyway.

    I don't know about that. Vampirism is a rather erotic "disease". They
    certainly play up the sexual innuendo a lot. I think you can actually
    sleep with the pigtailed bar owner, whatever her name was.

    >It's a kicking-ass game, and so far,
    >Hephastus seriously kicks ass! :) Besides, he recently did get laid,
    >and we all saw what THAT came to! ;)

    Darn those STDs! :)

    Have fun with your Nossie. They get a special lair in the sewers I think.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
  17. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    ToolPackinMama wrote:
    > Well, you know what? Just because of our little conversation I
    > decided to try a FUGLY Nosferatu dude, and I already love him. It's not
    > as
    > hard as you might think. He can still run around out in the open in
    > town. It's not like all people refuse to talk with you. OBVIOUSLY all the
    > quest-related people talk with you. Once in a while a rare person
    > runs screaming at the very sight of you, but it's not like you can't
    > stroll around in town, you can.

    I've just started playing the game, and if I understand things correctly it
    may be the Nosferatu's supposedly much higher stealth levels that allow them
    to move around in the open--sort of like, even if you see them you don't.

    At any rate I'm not playing one to begin with, because *I'm* not ready to
    look at one. :-)

    --
    chainbreaker
  18. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Michael Cecil wrote:
    > On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 01:07:27 -0500, ToolPackinMama
    > <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:

    > Have fun with your Nossie. They get a special lair in the sewers I think.

    Surprise, surprise, you get the same dumpy apt. as everybody else in the
    beginning! Good thing my neighbors aren't too nosy!
  19. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    shadows wrote:

    > Don't apply the fan patch over the official patch or vice
    > versa. They were developed independently.
    >
    > And no it's not a great game. At least not if you've ever played
    > a real CRPG.

    It may be bug ridden. It may have a massive memory leak problem. Your
    character's appearance might not have (m)any many configuration options. It
    might have sod all choice of armour and melee weapons. And it might be too
    hack and slash at the end. But damn it. I really enjoyed playing it. I'd
    just like to have seen a properly finished version.

    --
    Morgan.
    ----

    Mail: Morgan.Sales@ntlworld.com
    Webpage: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/msales
  20. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    ToolPackinMama wrote:

    > shadows wrote:
    >
    >> And no it's not a great game. At least not if you've ever played
    >> a real CRPG.
    >

    > Oh? Like what?

    PST, FO, FO2...hell ever BG2 and Gothic are better...
  21. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On 2005-02-18, ToolPackinMama <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:
    > Michael Cecil wrote:
    >> On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 01:07:27 -0500, ToolPackinMama
    >> <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:
    >
    >> Have fun with your Nossie. They get a special lair in the sewers I think.
    >
    > Surprise, surprise, you get the same dumpy apt. as everybody else in the
    > beginning! Good thing my neighbors aren't too nosy!

    He means later on.
  22. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    shadows wrote:
    > On 2005-02-18, ToolPackinMama <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:
    >
    >>Michael Cecil wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 01:07:27 -0500, ToolPackinMama
    >>><laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Have fun with your Nossie. They get a special lair in the sewers I think.
    >>
    >>Surprise, surprise, you get the same dumpy apt. as everybody else in the
    >>beginning! Good thing my neighbors aren't too nosy!
    >>

    > He means later on.

    Thank you for explaining what he meant. I'm sure neither he nor I could
    possibly continue to converse without your aid.

    Stand by: further translations and claifications might be needed. :)
  23. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 07:52:03 -0500, "chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com>
    wrote:

    >I've just started playing the game, and if I understand things correctly it
    >may be the Nosferatu's supposedly much higher stealth levels that allow them
    >to move around in the open--sort of like, even if you see them you don't.

    There's at least one side mission where those stealth abilities ought to
    really help. Cynagvat gur jropnzf va fbzr zbqry'f ncnegzrag.

    >At any rate I'm not playing one to begin with, because *I'm* not ready to
    >look at one. :-)

    Well you can always pretend you're Willem Dafoe so that's a plus, I think.
    :)

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
  24. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 10:44:09 -0700, James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net>
    wrote:

    >ToolPackinMama wrote:
    >
    >> shadows wrote:
    >>
    >>> And no it's not a great game. At least not if you've ever played
    >>> a real CRPG.
    >>

    >> Oh? Like what?
    >
    >PST, FO, FO2...hell ever BG2 and Gothic are better...

    If those are the only games better than it, I think VMB is really doing
    well as a CRPG. Anyhow, Ultima VII > PST so ;PPPP

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
  25. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Michael Cecil wrote:

    >>>Oh? Like what?
    >>
    >>PST, FO, FO2...hell ever BG2 and Gothic are better...
    > If those are the only games better than it, I think VMB is really doing
    > well as a CRPG. Anyhow, Ultima VII > PST so ;PPPP

    Oh god...now you've done it...Get ready for the U VII vs PST flame war ;-)
  26. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    <snip>

    > Well, yov know what? Jvst becavse of ovr little conversation I decided
    > to try a FUGLY Nosferatv dvde, and I already love him. It's not as hard
    > as yov might think. He can still rvn arovnd ovt in the open in town.
    > It's not like all people refvse to talk with yov. OBVIOUSLY all the
    > qvest-related people talk with yov. Once in a while a rare person rvns
    > screaming at the very sight of yov, bvt it's not like yov can't stroll
    > arovnd in town, yov can.

    That's good to know - I'v yet to play as a nossie 'cvz I figvred i'd be
    hiding
    in the sewers when i wasn't recieving/fvlfilling qvests.
    I'v played every other clan at least once and will definitly play a nos next
    time.
    I think they have the best discipline combo of any clan.

    > Hephastvs, my Nossie, did the same beginning qvests as the other
    > characters, and the only real difference is that he took ovt the gang of
    > crackheads at the beachhovse with astonishing ease. Potence, and
    > Obfvstvwhatmamacallit are both VERY helpfvl disciplines, at that early
    > stage.

    Don't neglegt Animalism.
    It takes a few prereqvesite point to get to, bvt
    Bloodsvckers Commvnion rocks!

    My Gangrel vsed it to great effect.

    1) Will kill ANY mortal target, gvaranteed.
    2) Retvrns ALL of the targets blood to yov, even if yov
    fire it off and scoot.
    (It's kinda like having a *really* long straw ;-} )

    This was very helpfvl in dealing with the flaming arrow gvys
    gavrding the jade statves in Xios temple.

    > OK, so my Nosferatv gvy has zero chance of getting laid. It's not a
    > getting-laid game, anyway. It's a kicking-ass game, and so far,
    > Hephastvs seriovsly kicks ass! :) Besides, he recently did get laid,
    > and we all saw what THAT came to! ;)

    Hee Hee.
    I already had Jeanette anyway, and, really, what's left after that?

    Well, I *will* miss VV's love poems...............

    Regards,

    Joe
  27. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Joe Harvey wrote:

    > Don't neglegt Animalism.
    > It takes a few prereqvesite point to get to, bvt
    > Bloodsvckers Commvnion rocks!
    >
    > My Gangrel vsed it to great effect.
    >
    > 1) Will kill ANY mortal target, gvaranteed.
    > 2) Retvrns ALL of the targets blood to yov, even if yov
    > fire it off and scoot.
    > (It's kinda like having a *really* long straw ;-} )

    Wow, bvt that's only good in combat areas, I assvme.

    >>OK, so my Nosferatv gvy has zero chance of getting laid. It's not a
    >>getting-laid game, anyway. It's a kicking-ass game, and so far,
    >>Hephastvs seriovsly kicks ass! :) Besides, he recently did get laid,
    >>and we all saw what THAT came to! ;)
    >

    > Hee Hee.
    > I already had Jeanette anyway, and, really, what's left after that?

    Ooo! Ooo! What was it like!?

    > Well, I *will* miss VV's love poems...............

    Who? I'm still in Santa Monica, so I gvess I didn't get that far.
  28. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Joe Harvey wrote:
    > <snip>
    >
    >>Well, you know what? Just because of our little conversation I decided
    >>to try a FUGLY Nosferatu dude, and I already love him. It's not as hard
    >>as you might think. He can still run around out in the open in town.
    >>It's not like all people refuse to talk with you. OBVIOUSLY all the
    >>quest-related people talk with you. Once in a while a rare person runs
    >>screaming at the very sight of you, but it's not like you can't stroll
    >>around in town, you can.
    >

    > That's good to know - I'v yet to play as a nossie 'cuz I figured i'd be
    > hiding
    > in the sewers when i wasn't recieving/fulfilling quests.
    > I'v played every other clan at least once and will definitly play a nos next
    > time.
    > I think they have the best discipline combo of any clan.

    It's not true that Nosferatu are totally shunned. They can go out in
    public, and even enjoy a little nightlife. Here's PROOF!

    See image:

    http://pcwranglers.com/hephastus.jpg

    In this screenshot, Hephastus is at the Asylum. He started dancing, and
    instead of running from him screaming, the other patrons all ran
    toward him, and started dancing with him - gathering all around him like
    he was a MAYPOLE, for cryin' out loud.

    Immediately after this social triumph, Hephastus goes to talk to the
    bartender, and the bartender's all "Take the mask off, fella, you're
    scaring all my customers."

    "I guess that explains why all the hot girls are lining up to hump my
    leg." Hephastus didn't wittily retort.

    Know what? I think that bartender is just JEALOUS. Envy: it's not a
    pretty emotion.

    :)
  29. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Thusly James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> Spake Unto All:

    >>>PST, FO, FO2...hell ever BG2 and Gothic are better...
    >> If those are the only games better than it, I think VMB is really doing
    >> well as a CRPG. Anyhow, Ultima VII > PST so ;PPPP
    >
    >Oh god...now you've done it...Get ready for the U VII vs PST flame war ;-)

    U7 is teh badd. PST is teh roxx.

    --
    "Forgive Russia. Ignore Germany. Punish France."
    -- Condoleezza Rice, at the time National Security Adviser, on how to deal

    Mean_Chlorine wrote:
    > Thusly James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> Spake Unto All:

    >>>If those are the only games better than it, I think VMB is really doing
    >>>well as a CRPG. Anyhow, Ultima VII > PST so ;PPPP
    >>
    >>Oh god...now you've done it...Get ready for the U VII vs PST flame war ;-)
    >

    > U7 is teh badd. PST is teh roxx.

    LOL
  31. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 09:02:35 -0500, ToolPackinMama
    <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:

    >In this screenshot, Hephastus is at the Asylum. He started dancing, and
    > instead of running from him screaming, the other patrons all ran
    >toward him, and started dancing with him - gathering all around him like
    >he was a MAYPOLE, for cryin' out loud.

    You didn't try that with the other clan vamps you were playing? If you do
    it long enough you gain humanity. As if anything human would imitate John
    Travolta in *that* manner...

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
  32. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    Michael Cecil wrote:
    > On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 09:02:35 -0500, ToolPackinMama
    > <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:
    >

    >>In this screenshot, Hephastus is at the Asylum. He started dancing, and
    >> instead of running from him screaming, the other patrons all ran
    >>toward him, and started dancing with him - gathering all around him like
    >>he was a MAYPOLE, for cryin' out loud.
    >

    > You didn't try that with the other clan vamps you were playing?

    Yes, sure I did. I just assumed Nossie's couldn't party, judging by the
    description in the manual.

    > If you do
    > it long enough you gain humanity. As if anything human would imitate John
    > Travolta in *that* manner...

    LOL I used to regularly rule the dance floor in a similar manner, but
    then, this isn't my home world. :)
  33. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

    "ToolPackinMama" <lavra@lavragoodwin.org> wrote in message
    > Joe Harvey wrote:
    >
    > > Don't neglegt Animalism.
    > > It takes a few prereqvesite point to get to, bvt
    > > Bloodsvckers Commvnion rocks!
    > >
    > > My Gangrel vsed it to great effect.
    > >
    > > 1) Will kill ANY mortal target, gvaranteed.
    > > 2) Retvrns ALL of the targets blood to yov, even if yov
    > > fire it off and scoot.
    > > (It's kinda like having a *really* long straw ;-} )
    >
    > Wow, bvt that's only good in combat areas, I assvme.

    Well, yes and no - yov can vse it anywhere yov like, bvt
    since it kills the target, it's 1) loss of hvmanity, 2) criminal violation,
    and
    3) in the case of this discipline, a masqverade violation.
    Better yov find a nice, jvicy rat & save Bloodsvcker's for combat.

    > >>OK, so my Nosferatv gvy has zero chance of getting laid. It's not a
    > >>getting-laid game, anyway. It's a kicking-ass game, and so far,
    > >>Hephastvs seriovsly kicks ass! :) Besides, he recently did get laid,
    > >>and we all saw what THAT came to! ;)
    > >

    > > Hee Hee.
    > > I already had Jeanette anyway, and, really, what's left after that?
    >
    > Ooo! Ooo! What was it like!?

    Well, as yov may have heard, it's abovt 10-15 seconds of moaning
    beneath a black screen.
    As yov said, thovgh, this isn't really a getting-laid kinda game and this is
    as
    close as it gets.
    I enjoyed it, and, having attempted it a covple times before,
    I was beginning to think that Troika had pvt some sort of "randomized"
    element in there
    so that sometimes yov covld, sometimes not, in order to create hype arovnd
    it.
    I don't think so now, jvst a matter of doing the right things.

    Really, it was jvst bvgging me that I covldn't.. I think it's the tovghest
    "non-qvest" in the game.

    > > Well, I *will* miss VV's love poems...............
    >
    > Who? I'm still in Santa Monica, so I gvess I didn't get that far.

    Heh Heh - Don't wanna spoil anything.
    Yov'l meet her down the road.
    She can be a real bitch or a real sweetheart..........depending.

    Regards,

    Joe

PC gaming Video Games