Where does Windows 7 store wireless connection data?

Tsear

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
Hello Tom's Hardware,

I have an unusual problem. I share an old router with my neighbors (they're not home right now, so unfortunately I don't know which model). Earlier this afternoon, they power cycled the router. Since then, I can no longer connect to the router - in fact, I don't even see the existence of the connection in my list of wireless connections. My computer can still connect to other wireless networks just fine. I also have a laptop from work that wasn't connected to the router when it was power cycled, and this second computer can still see the connection and connect to it just fine.
What I think happened is that the files on my computer that identify the connection have somehow been corrupted, causing the computer to glitch and no longer see the existence of the network I want to connect to. To fix this, I've tried to remove the connection via Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center -> Manage Wireless Networks, but this hasn't fixed the problem. I suspect that if I can find where Windows 7 stores wireless connection information, then I can delete those files and will be able to again connect to the wireless network.
Do any of you know where this information is stored? Alternatively, do you have any other ideas of what I should try?

Thanks a bunch for your help!