Help Needed re: Automedia III / Pro Tools?

Last response: in Home Audio
January 2, 2005 2:40:02 PM

Hi, hoping someone can help me out.
I have a G4 Mac, Automedia III card, running Pro Tools 5.1.1.
I'd like to record 4 separate tracks, simultaneously.
The left & right analog inputs on the Automedia III give me tracks 1 &
2.
Its my understanding that the s/pdif digital input on the A-III can
give me 2 more tracks.
What is the procedure to make this happen?
I can't get any signal to show up thru the digital input.
I tried turning off the s/pdif mirroring option.
Any suggestions?
Anonymous
January 2, 2005 6:26:17 PM

On 2 Jan 2005 11:40:02 -0800, madlove@optonline.net wrote:

>Hi, hoping someone can help me out.
>I have a G4 Mac, Automedia III card, running Pro Tools 5.1.1.
>I'd like to record 4 separate tracks, simultaneously.
>The left & right analog inputs on the Automedia III give me tracks 1 &
>2.
>Its my understanding that the s/pdif digital input on the A-III can
>give me 2 more tracks.
>What is the procedure to make this happen?
>I can't get any signal to show up thru the digital input.
>I tried turning off the s/pdif mirroring option.
>Any suggestions?

I believe AMIII is 2in / 4out. It'd be good to be wrong on this one
though.

--Vas
Anonymous
January 3, 2005 12:09:23 AM

> Hi, hoping someone can help me out.
> I have a G4 Mac, Automedia III card, running Pro Tools 5.1.1.
> I'd like to record 4 separate tracks, simultaneously.
> The left & right analog inputs on the Automedia III give me tracks 1 &
> 2.
> Its my understanding that the s/pdif digital input on the A-III can
> give me 2 more tracks.
> What is the procedure to make this happen?
> I can't get any signal to show up thru the digital input.
> I tried turning off the s/pdif mirroring option.
> Any suggestions?

You have to set the clock sync to s/dpif in the hardware settings, use input
to 3 or 4, make sure the track is record enabled.

And yes the AMIII can do 4 channels in and out with PT LE. I still use one
at home with outboard converters for 2-channel stuff, no reason to
upgrade...
Anonymous
January 13, 2005 7:51:17 PM

<< Its my understanding that the s/pdif digital input on the A-III can
>give me 2 more tracks.
>What is the procedure to make this happen?
>I can't get any signal to show up thru the digital input. >>

If memory serves, the limitation is obvious in the software UI. Input 1-2 in
hardware config. asks you to choose EITHER analog or digital. No?
!