Help: Velodyne SP1200 SUB problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Any one out there know about repairing these subs? (Servo 1200 - Velodyne)

My sub all of a sudden started a hum (ignoring all knobs and input signal)
and it 'clicks' every 2
seconds. Does anyone know what this could be symptomatic of? There's a
big-ass transformer inside going to the circuitry and I'm wondering if the
xformer died. I have no specs and I fear these things are impossible to fix?

Thanks
ps

Bat <nospam_bat@cyberden.com> wrote:
>Any one out there know about repairing these subs? (Servo 1200 - Velodyne)
>
> My sub all of a sudden started a hum (ignoring all knobs and input signal)
>and it 'clicks' every 2
>seconds. Does anyone know what this could be symptomatic of? There's a
>big-ass transformer inside going to the circuitry and I'm wondering if the
>xformer died. I have no specs and I fear these things are impossible to fix?

The power supply is going into protection mode, possibly because the
output transistors are blown but maybe for some other reason. Get a
tech to look at it.

Transformers very seldom fail.
--scott

> Bat <nospam_bat@cyberden.com> wrote:
>>Any one out there know about repairing these subs? (Servo 1200 - Velodyne)
>>
>> My sub all of a sudden started a hum (ignoring all knobs and input
>> signal)
>>and it 'clicks' every 2
>>seconds. Does anyone know what this could be symptomatic of? There's a
>>big-ass transformer inside going to the circuitry and I'm wondering if the
>>xformer died. I have no specs and I fear these things are impossible to
>>fix?
>
> The power supply is going into protection mode, possibly because the
> output transistors are blown but maybe for some other reason. Get a
> tech to look at it.
>
> Transformers very seldom fail.

Thanks Scott -

I figure it's tech time - nothing smells or looks cooked on the board inside
making it even harder to diagnose. I wasn't even driving it hard when it
happened... like 20% vol playing GTA San Andreas :-D