Help: Velodyne SP1200 SUB problem

Any one out there know about repairing these subs? (Servo 1200 - Velodyne)

My sub all of a sudden started a hum (ignoring all knobs and input signal)
and it 'clicks' every 2
seconds. Does anyone know what this could be symptomatic of? There's a
big-ass transformer inside going to the circuitry and I'm wondering if the
xformer died. I have no specs and I fear these things are impossible to fix?

Thanks
ps
2 answers Last reply
More about help velodyne sp1200 problem

    Bat <nospam_bat@cyberden.com> wrote:
    >Any one out there know about repairing these subs? (Servo 1200 - Velodyne)
    >
    > My sub all of a sudden started a hum (ignoring all knobs and input signal)
    >and it 'clicks' every 2
    >seconds. Does anyone know what this could be symptomatic of? There's a
    >big-ass transformer inside going to the circuitry and I'm wondering if the
    >xformer died. I have no specs and I fear these things are impossible to fix?

    The power supply is going into protection mode, possibly because the
    output transistors are blown but maybe for some other reason. Get a
    tech to look at it.

    Transformers very seldom fail.
    --scott

    > Bat <nospam_bat@cyberden.com> wrote:
    >>Any one out there know about repairing these subs? (Servo 1200 - Velodyne)
    >>
    >> My sub all of a sudden started a hum (ignoring all knobs and input
    >> signal)
    >>and it 'clicks' every 2
    >>seconds. Does anyone know what this could be symptomatic of? There's a
    >>big-ass transformer inside going to the circuitry and I'm wondering if the
    >>xformer died. I have no specs and I fear these things are impossible to
    >>fix?
    >
    > The power supply is going into protection mode, possibly because the
    > output transistors are blown but maybe for some other reason. Get a
    > tech to look at it.
    >
    > Transformers very seldom fail.

    Thanks Scott -

    I figure it's tech time - nothing smells or looks cooked on the board inside
    making it even harder to diagnose. I wasn't even driving it hard when it
    happened... like 20% vol playing GTA San Andreas :-D

Pro Audio Audio