Any D&D3-based CRPGs since Temple of Elemental Evil?

I don't believe I've heard of any new CRPGs, based on
Dungeons & Dragons 3rd Edition (revised or not), since
Temple of Elemental Evil.

Have I overlooked something? Did Temple sell so badly as to
make the license unattractive?

--
Peter Knutsen
sagatafl.org

Peter Knutsen <peter@sagatafl.invalid> once tried to test me with:

> I don't believe I've heard of any new CRPGs, based on
> Dungeons & Dragons 3rd Edition (revised or not), since
> Temple of Elemental Evil.

Hmm... think think think think think....

I think you're right, I can't think of any on the PC.

On the consoles there was D&D Heroes and Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2.
But those hardly qualify, their rules are nothing like D&D rules.

> Have I overlooked something? Did Temple sell so badly as to
> make the license unattractive?

Hardly. :)

I think maybe we're "in between" D&D game makers on the PC right now.

--

Knight37

"Knight37" <knight37m@email.com> wrote in message
> Peter Knutsen <peter@sagatafl.invalid> once tried to test me with:
>
>> I don't believe I've heard of any new CRPGs, based on
>> Dungeons & Dragons 3rd Edition (revised or not), since
>> Temple of Elemental Evil.
>
> Hmm... think think think think think....
>
> I think you're right, I can't think of any on the PC.
>
> On the consoles there was D&D Heroes and Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2.
> But those hardly qualify, their rules are nothing like D&D rules.

But they ARE fun, provided you play multi.

Jonah Falcon

"Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> once tried to test me with:

> "Knight37" <knight37m@email.com> wrote in message
>> Peter Knutsen <peter@sagatafl.invalid> once tried to test me with:
>>
>>> I don't believe I've heard of any new CRPGs, based on
>>> Dungeons & Dragons 3rd Edition (revised or not), since
>>> Temple of Elemental Evil.
>>
>> Hmm... think think think think think....
>>
>> I think you're right, I can't think of any on the PC.
>>
>> On the consoles there was D&D Heroes and Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2.
>> But those hardly qualify, their rules are nothing like D&D rules.
>
> But they ARE fun, provided you play multi.

Haven't played either but BGDA1 was hella fun.

--

Knight37

Knight37 <knight37m@email.com> writes:

> On the consoles there was D&D Heroes and Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2.
> But those hardly qualify, their rules are nothing like D&D rules.

Plus Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone, which apparently is best
forgotten.

All are "action RPGs", or modern Diablo clones with D&D trappings.

Tor Iver Wilhelmsen <tor.iver.wilhelmsen@broadpark.no> once tried to test
me with:

> Knight37 <knight37m@email.com> writes:
>
>> On the consoles there was D&D Heroes and Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2.
>> But those hardly qualify, their rules are nothing like D&D rules.
>
> Plus Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone, which apparently is best
> forgotten.
>
> All are "action RPGs", or modern Diablo clones with D&D trappings.

We need another Chris Avalone D&D game. :)

--

Knight37

Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

On 2005-02-19, Knight37 <knight37m@email.com> wrote:
> Tor Iver Wilhelmsen <tor.iver.wilhelmsen@broadpark.no> once tried to test
> me with:
>
>> Knight37 <knight37m@email.com> writes:
>>
>>> On the consoles there was D&D Heroes and Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2.
>>> But those hardly qualify, their rules are nothing like D&D rules.
>>
>> Plus Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone, which apparently is best
>> forgotten.
>>
>> All are "action RPGs", or modern Diablo clones with D&D trappings.
>
> We need another Chris Avalone D&D game. :)

Chris Avellone did KOTOR2. Apparently he doesn't like finishing
his games anymore :|

Tor Iver Wilhelmsen wrote:
> Knight37 <knight37m@email.com> writes:
>>On the consoles there was D&D Heroes and Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2.
>>But those hardly qualify, their rules are nothing like D&D rules.
>
> Plus Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone, which apparently is best
> forgotten.
>
> All are "action RPGs", or modern Diablo clones with D&D trappings.

Any game created in the spirit of D&D 3rd Edition *has* to
be combat-heavy. And, of course, it must feature a party of
player characters, not just one.

--
Peter Knutsen
sagatafl.org

shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> once tried to test me with:

> On 2005-02-19, Knight37 <knight37m@email.com> wrote:
>> Tor Iver Wilhelmsen <tor.iver.wilhelmsen@broadpark.no> once tried to
>> test me with:

>>> Plus Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone, which apparently is best
>>> forgotten.
>>>
>>> All are "action RPGs", or modern Diablo clones with D&D trappings.
>>
>> We need another Chris Avalone D&D game. :)
>
> Chris Avellone did KOTOR2. Apparently he doesn't like finishing
> his games anymore :|

I haven't finished KOTOR1 yet :)

When KOTOR2 is down in price I'll probably pick it up, I'm enjoying the
first installment when I'm not in WoW (which admittedly isn't often).

--

Knight37