Restart, Restart, etc...

KraftyMcVay

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2002
I recently built a system and everything works perfect, except when i turn it off. Every time i turn the thing off (whether it be "startmenu/shutdown" or "button on front") it will always (99%) restarts the computer. I checked my switch plugins and motherboard and i cant find anythin wrong.

System:
GA-8IHXP
Pentium4- 2.53ghz @ 2.75ghz
512MB Rdram (kingston 1066)
WesternDigital 80GB HD (8MB cache)
Vantec Stealth 520w powersupply
Windows2000 pro (sp3)

Any help would be great...

KraftY

The Pentium 5! Same bang, for more bucks!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Nice system. It sounds like an ACPI problem. If ACPI is enabled in BIOS like it should be, you might need a patch for Win2k to "finish" it.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

svol

Champion
Also check your Powersaving settings inside your BIOS to see if the right on/off buton function is enabled or that power-on after powerfailure/power-off is disabled.

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dimms when I turn it on :eek:

KraftyMcVay

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2002
"And The Heavens Opened Up And Shown Down Upon It, It Shutith Down!"

FINALLY!!!
thanks to both you, although neither of those was what was actually wrong. I checked both and saw they both were as you guys said they should be, went farther down the list and found some wakemodemon and some other setting, disabled them and BooM Baby it works.

Thanks to both of you again!

KraftY

The Pentium 5! Same bang, for more bucks!