Drybones Must thank all responses.

I believe that COC Might be a good possibility from re-reading all

Ultima on-line, I thought was a 'must' to join a group to get anywhere.

I feel the problem is, that joining a group, would 'require' a person to
play at

specific times. Not for me I think. 8^(

So there fore I may be out of luck with on-line gaming.

Again, Many thanks to all.
2 answers Last reply
More about drybones responses

    "drybones" <drybones@nospam.net> once tried to test me with:

    > I believe that COC Might be a good possibility from re-reading all

    CoC? City of Heroes you mean?

    > Ultima on-line, I thought was a 'must' to join a group to get anywhere.

    I haven't played Ultima Online in forever and an age. The only advantage
    that it offers some of the others is that you can play it on free-to-play
    servers rather than have to shell out a monthly fee for it.

    > I feel the problem is, that joining a group, would 'require' a person to
    > play at specific times. Not for me I think. 8^(

    Not really sure that's accurate. It is pretty easy to find "pick-up"
    groups, that is, people who happen to be wanting to do the same quests that
    you want to do at the same time. Sure, you're grouping with strangers, and
    sometimes that means you get a lemon (aka asshat), but most times you meet
    friendly people who are just trying to have fun the same as you.

    Now if you join a "guild" (or in City of Heroes, a SuperGroup), then you
    might be required, depending on the guild's leaders, to do things at
    certain times. That may not be for you. I know for me I needed a guild that
    was very low pressure that didn't have a lot of mandatory meeting times and
    such. And luckily I found one. :)

    > So there fore I may be out of luck with on-line gaming.

    Don't think that you have to guild in order to have fun in an MMOG. It's
    advantageous to do so, but it's definitely not a requirement to have fun.

    --

    Knight37

    Thus spake "drybones" <drybones@nospam.net>, Sat, 19 Feb 2005 15:21:30
    -0800, Anno Domini:

    >I believe that COC Might be a good possibility from re-reading all
    >
    >Ultima on-line, I thought was a 'must' to join a group to get anywhere.
    >
    >I feel the problem is, that joining a group, would 'require' a person to
    >play at
    >
    >specific times. Not for me I think. 8^(
    >
    >So there fore I may be out of luck with on-line gaming.
    >
    >Again, Many thanks to all.

    Assuming you mean CoH, welcome aboard drybones! ;-)

    If you like roleplaying per se (though it's in no way enforced), jump on the
    Virtue server first & look up one of my chars:

    Kelvin Ator
    Ruby Rock (Sun mornings only)
    Umbral Fury

    I'm in a great SG called "Lux Australis":

    http://terrorpin.sites.net.au/lux/

    It's mainly Aussies (GMT +10), but there's quite a few from the US & other
    timezones. And they're a *real* friendly bunch ;-) Greg Johnson from here is
    on too. Greg/Julie/Xocyll/Ross/Sebastian (+ a couple other 'semi-regs' from
    here play our weekly game at 9-10am Sun Melbourne time as well. You'd be
    most welcome to join once you get a char high enough (we're slowpokes - only
    at 20th now :). Or, I'm happy to start a new alt & run you through the first
    few levels if that's what you'd like. Cheers mate!

    --
    No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again.
    Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit?

PC gaming Video Games